Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Need SAM input on Soboro Sukehiro

I recently made my return to FFXI after like a 6 month hiatus, and I'm now levling SAM to 75. My question is: Is Soboro Sukehiro worth getting? Does the possible WS spam outweigh its low damage? Or should I just go with the high damage weapons? Thank you for any input in advance!

yes its amazing, especially if you can get it at level 50

Banned.

BG Level

With the range attack boost next update, the Soboro+bow build might make a comeback.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

- It's fun for exp parties when you're not going to induce horrible TP move spam. DoT is good as long as you're not on IT+ with high defense and no meat/songs to help you out.
    - It's huge for /RNG & Sidewinder spam.
    - It puts up comparable DoT to a Hagun (maybe a hair lower) in merit parties from a bunch of things I've read (still levelling SAM myself).

None of that matters though. Most important fact about a Soboro: it's fun as hell to wield. Go get one, you'll have a great time.

With the range attack boost next update, the Soboro+bow build might make a comeback.
    Yep, going /RNG could get quite a bit better than it is now.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    - It's fun for exp parties when you're not going to induce horrible TP move spam. DoT is good as long as you're not on IT+ with high defense and no meat/songs to help you out.
    - It's huge for /RNG & Sidewinder spam.
    - It puts up comparable DoT to a Hagun (maybe a hair lower) in merit parties from a bunch of things I've read (still levelling SAM myself).

None of that matters though. Most important fact about a Soboro: it's fun as hell to wield. Go get one, you'll have a great time.

Yep, going /RNG could get quite a bit better than it is now.
    I love rng sub on my sam from 55->60 (60atm) might do it longer

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does the DoT and WS spam out weigh the friends you will lose and enemies you will make in trying to obtain it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Know your mobs, then pick your weapon.

DO: Use Soboro on say, a Crab, if you have a RDM and BRD in your pt for possible dispel spam.

DONT: Use Soboro in a 64 pt with a NIN tank on goblins.

Just be smart, even at 75 Soboro can be amazing, but in the hands of a dumbass its a MPK stick.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

I leveled my SAM 50-60 with soboro, and the weapon skills weren't that much weaker as long as you're equipped properly and you're not fighting overly hard mobs. Oh yeah, /WAR too of course. Always a big bonus if you have a BLM in pt if you know how to skillchain with yourself (somewhat lucky dependent).

Just be picky about what you fight when you choose to use it. I remember leveling one night with my friend's ninja at uleguerand range tigers, and I had to put the soboro away after a chain because he'd get spammed by cyclone claws.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    Does the DoT and WS spam out weigh the friends you will lose and enemies you will make in trying to obtain it?
    Totally. Besides, it's not terribly hard to get. Eight people* is plenty, more just makes it a minute or two quicker.

Eight people with good 50 cap gear and a clue. No "What's a stun order?" allowed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Totally. Besides, it's not terribly hard to get. Eight people* is plenty, more just makes it a minute or two quicker.

Eight people with good 50 cap gear and a clue. No "What's a stun order?" allowed.
    Pretty much. I've killed it with only 6 people (my cop static), but it took kinda long and we had to sleep it to recover a bit. Stuns are a must, and ranged attacks work best for DDing because you can't dispel the blaze spikes, and its AOE can get pretty ugly.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Some luck, meditate, and proper timing and you can self light with it.

Need I say more?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So true -.-

Just be smart, even at 75 Soboro can be amazing, but in the hands of a dumbass its a MPK stick.
    Thats asking alot of your normal samurai these days

netz

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic

Pretty much. I've killed it with only 6 people (my cop static), but it took kinda long and we had to sleep it to recover a bit. Stuns are a must, and ranged attacks work best for DDing because you can't dispel the blaze spikes, and its AOE can get pretty ugly.
    I used my soboro in helping beat down Unstable Clusters... >.>

It didn't spam TP moves either, mysteriously. The only reason some people died was because of bad stunning.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Sub DRG with it >.>

Soboro is a great weapon to use when lvling pre hagun, imo. If you have thf sub its even better. When i lvl'd sam Soboro wasnt out but i have seen a lot of people using it. But by far at 75 it owns all, i have been able to out parse most 2h jobs, but thats it. Still cant touch 1hdrs lol.

It's a blast to have :D, even outside of EXP parties.

Why is Soboro with /THF sub better than with /WAR sub? You won't hit for 2 or 3 hits 100% of the time (I did a really gimpy parse once, and it was more like 65-70%), so there are still times when DA will kick in.

But losing the attack from Berserk for such a low damage GKT makes baby Jesus cry.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Why is Soboro with /THF sub better than with /WAR sub? You won't hit for 2 or 3 hits 100% of the time (I did a really gimpy parse once, and it was more like 65-70%), so there are still times when DA will kick in.

But losing the attack from Berserk for such a low damage GKT makes baby Jesus cry.
    Don't you know? THF is the only sub for SAM. Silly droogie with your diversity and "logic".

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Don't you know? THF is the only sub for SAM. Silly droogie with your diversity and "logic".
    *waiting for the day we can all look back and think what fools we were for not aknowledgeing PUP as the one true support job*

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Quote Originally Posted by inafume

I plan on using SAM/WAR onry on my way up to 75

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast