Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    forthewin

R0 when logging or zoning into whitegate

Hi all, just a recent problem I was having and wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing or knew how to solve it. It started when I warped from kuftal to whitegate yesterday, it stayed on the ...Downloading Data... screen until it said my connection was lost. Ever since then every time I try to log on or zone into whitegate I get the same thing, stuck at Downloading Data until it says my connection is lost. I tried reinstalling TOAU but that didn't help and I tried having a friend move my character and then I was able to log into Bastok but when I tried warping back to whitegate, same problem still. So if anyone has any help, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Looks like you deleted the wrong .DAT when you were trying to remove Darters.

But seriously, you probably need to do a complete reinstall, not just ToAU.

Re: R0 when logging or zoning into whitegate

Did you try changing a .dat or something? I'd reinstall everything.

It has to do with your internet connection, it happens to me from time to time on 2 different computers with 2 different accounts. If it was a dat, restarting the computer wouldn't fix it. Since it's on both of my computers the only thing that is consistent between the both of them is the connection. Just deal with it and restart the computer when it happens to log on. Some nights it will happen a lot, then months without it ever happening.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

SE should have 2-3 Moghouse exits in Whitegate or different HP Crystals and remove the "Set Home Point" in Whitegate MH exit like how it is with Al'Zhabi. Just to space people out so you don't warp into a crowd of 400.

Try reseting your router/modem.
    I've had this happen before and the POL help desk people told me to just reset my stuff and it worked fine aferwards :D

edit> This happened when I warped back when I had my HP set in Norg so I don't think it has anything to do with Whitegate/lag

Laeta

Similar thing happens to me both on my PC and laptop. Doesn't d/c but takes a bit to zone and i usually have the (- -) by my head and im at like 86%, so iuno @_@;;

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Re: R0 when logging or zoning into whitegate

Quote Originally Posted by forthewin
    Hi all, just a recent problem I was having and wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing or knew how to solve it. It started when I warped from kuftal to whitegate yesterday, it stayed on the ...Downloading Data... screen until it said my connection was lost. Ever since then every time I try to log on or zone into whitegate I get the same thing, stuck at Downloading Data until it says my connection is lost. I tried reinstalling TOAU but that didn't help and I tried having a friend move my character and then I was able to log into Bastok but when I tried warping back to whitegate, same problem still. So if anyone has any help, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Change your password

Old Merits
    BG Level

Make sure you have port forwarding set up properly, (or conversely, that you don't have any ports blocked on your connection)

one of my friends has that problem constantly but only when zoning, but her comp works fine at my house. It was a problem with her dad blocking some ports on their router for security.

my r goes down to 0 zoning into whitegate and going into my moghouse from whitegate, but yours sounds like a bigger problem. i would do what everyone else is recommending, reinstalling everything.

you could also try fiddling with your internet connection and, i know this sounds completely retarded, but try turning off all the sounds in ffxi (in that little app where you can adjust screen size, background size, etc.) - this would only really be an issue if your graphics card has sound on it as well though.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Usually when you change a DAT and it's not a proper swap the game will just flat out crash to desktop, not lag you out. At least in my experience.

It may be a long shot, but try the "Check Files" option from the POL login screen, maybe something got corrupted somehow and that might detect it.

One of my friends had the same problem, except they couldn't zone into Ro'Maeve. They could have a friend move them across the zone just fine, but they couldn't on their PC. They had to do a reinstall to fix the problem, but that was before they added the "Check Files" button. If Check Files doesn't work you might have to do a fresh reinstall.

The other thing it could be as stated in the thread is a problem with your connection or router. Go to http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and see if your router model is on there (if you have one). Follow the instructions and see what the settings are and if any ports are forwarded. I don't know exactly what port(s) FFXI uses so maybe someone else can help out there.

What I'd do is try a file check first, then try messing with the router, then last do a fresh FFXI install. If none of those fix your problem, I don't know what it could be... maybe something wrong with your hardware.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

there was one time a couple weekends ago everytime i zoned i got stuck on downloadin data. seems to only happen when i play @ the panera bread. i believe it has something to do with the connection cuz it never happens at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar
    I don't know exactly what port(s) FFXI uses so maybe someone else can help out there.
    the POL help desk 800 number can tell you; That's who I called and if I remember correctly now (this happened over 2 years ago) they did tell me to check what ports I had open on my router if rebooting it didn't help...

Don't re-install just yet, this is not an issue with a corrupted file, like somebody said earlier, you'd crash out of POL, not just kinda hang in the zone like you described.

It did the same thing to me yesterday.... except I couldnt get into the lobby server after starting ffxi.

I called a GM via POL and they were totally useless as usual, but after about 20mins the problem resolved itself somehow. There wasn't anything wrong with my connection or my account specifically, cause I tried loggin in a friend's acct and it gave me the same problem. Just wait a while and try again...

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the zone you are trying to login to was corrupted on your end.

do a file check thru POL and you will see you need to reinstall everything

same thing happened to me in north sandy one time, had to wipe everything and do complete reinstall

grats 7+ disc install