BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    What's the link for the open beta for PC users? I uninstalled FFXI today (lol ) and have some room on my laptop for something new.
    Beta PC/PS2 was JP only, and it ended a month or so ago. There was/is (not sure if its still going on, started about a week ago) a NA Beta, but it was mainly for press, a few normal people were selected by SEGA to play though.

The current 360 Beta is the offical NA Beta, SEGA is using it mainly as a stress test.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

A stress test with 10 people online max? Sega isn't aiming high with PSU, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeks
    A stress test with 10 people online max? Sega isn't aiming high with PSU, is it?

10 isn't the max amount of players online at the same time for the 360 PSU beta.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

X.x I hate it when NA wants to let a few people beta test a game and only let press and a select few try it out. They should do what they did with the PSO:BB beta. >< Let everyone play!

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    X.x I hate it when NA wants to let a few people beta test a game and only let press and a select few try it out. They should do what they did with the PSO:BB beta. >< Let everyone play!
    It comes out in 11 days anyways. The wait should be worth it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by ircgeek
    If only the maximum number of players allowed onto the beta server was set higher than 10...

Should have stayed logged in this morning.
    10? I doubt that somehow unless there are lots of servers. I am going to download sometime today hopefully and get on.
    BG falls into a sarchasm, etc. etc.

But yeah, took me 20 minutes to get logged into the beta servers around 5 EST. I imagine it'll be rough over the weekend. They never said what the cap was, but they did specifically state there was a cap on the number of players allowed onto the beta servers.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Its more than 10. I was instantly logged in. There are mulitple servers to switch to (once you are inside)

So far, its pretty sucky and everything i expected it to be after being told how shitty it was by friends in japan.

Another win sega, just like last time.

But thats just my opinion you guys might like it... I'm very picky and hard on mmo's... which makes absolutely no sense considering i have played FFXI for 3yr's lol.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Lol, yeah. I've heard PSU was just too much of a larger scale rehash of PSO.. and after taking multiple characters up through Ult and all that shit, I have no desire to do it again -.-

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I watched my friend play all night through the first 7 levels, and the game suffer from every problems that made me hate first one. It was fun for a while when we were playing with 4 friends through the game once or twice, but I'm not going through this again

1-) Character selection is pretty and all, but never upgrading your armor is unacceptable for this generation of grinding game. I didnt mind it in 2001, but do an effort for god sake.

2-) 4 differents kind of background, 3-4 type of room. Ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Well, it's true I didnt reach the 3 other area, but after seeing the first one, I have trouble to believe the rest will be any different than it was in the first game. No area will have an unique feeling to it, just room after room with the same freaking ennemies

3-) Leveling. FFXI made me allergic to any kind of grinding on the same mobs. Doing first 20 level on 3 mobs, than next 10 level on a different kind make me feel miserable. I'm not sure how they tweaked fighting system later, but it didnt seem to have changed a bit. Same kind of mindless battle for hours with potion spamming. I think I've access to better game now if I want to play with my friend

4) Grinding/online game should give you a sentiment of freedom. This one is so small you always feel stuck in the same place. Even worse, you can't even explore or visit "high level" area to get a peek at what you will see next because you need to progress in the "story" and meet the level requirement to advance to next mission.

When I get a sequel to a game 5 years old game, I except something to have improved. Some new gimmick, a new system...anything. In this case, nothing changed but the graphic, and they are still sub par to what we have now

Groovebox

This game is mainly about item whoring and fast action, the storyline is completely non-existent (Full version of PSU includes a 50+ hour offline RPG) I love it so far (already lvl 8), basically just an improved version of the orginal. So if you hated the original, you'll hate this game. The new things such as player housing and synthing/crafting are awesome. I also think the mobs in this game are a hell of a lot harder than when you fought them in PSO.

1-) Character selection is pretty and all, but never upgrading your armor is unacceptable for this generation of grinding game. I didnt mind it in 2001, but do an effort for god sake.
    You can upgrade armor o.O... and you can buy new clothes. Keep in mind that the shit in this beta is like, no higher than level 10... the higher the level, the more elaborate items, armor, and clothes become. I think Sega was really on-point when they added shit to PSO, but I'm pretty much a fanboy, so I'm probably biased lol.

After thinking about PSU so much, I really really wish SE would make a game like PSU but with FFXI characters, call it Final Fantasy Assault, god that would rock... not sarcasm, I really want a FFXI advanced Assault game

Really, besides the beta-type bugs in the game, the only complaint I have about the 360 version are the graphics, which aren't bad or anything, but definately not next-gen at all.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

You can upgrade armor o.O... and you can buy new clothes. Keep in mind that the shit in this beta is like, no higher than level 10... the higher the level, the more elaborate items, armor, and clothes become. I think Sega was really on-point when they added shit to PSO, but I'm pretty much a fanboy, so I'm probably biased lol.
    I know stuff are level 10 only in beta, but monster progression doesnt seem any different than it was in the first one.

What I meant about armor is they wont appears when you equip them. I did not know you could buy new clothes when you get to higher level, but if they doesnt affect your characters other than style, it's still kinda lame. I thought changing clothes was simply to change your model

Clothes or not, gameplay is what make me want to not play this game again. 4 stages, no variety within the same stage and hours of grinding.

There's over 15 stages, big guy. And they will be adding more maps/bosses/items/armor/clothing in regular updates. The only thing I can see holding the game back is the PS2, because they didn't require the players to have a hard drive. I'm sure you're all familiar with the "PS2 Limitations" fiasco with FFXI.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

15 stages as in 15 set of totally differents environement with boss at the end of each? That's more than I've seen in the screenshot/trailler.

Unless the patch simply unlock stuff already on the CD, we all know how much gameplay those new patch add.

Groovebox

Yeah, I think the PS2 limitations are probably going to ruin this game in the long run

I think many FFXI players have already migrated to PSU.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4326/wbh9.jpg

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Groovebox

wtf, I've been trying to login forever now no luck

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Lawls
    I think many FFXI players have already migrated to PSU.

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4326/wbh9.jpg

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    So because someone is japanese, they must play FFXI? Right. Guess i missed the joke, or it wasn't funny.

edit: on another note... the first person i saw when i logged on was another player named FinalFantasy

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I downloaded this today, I started running around screaming "HOW DO I SHOT WEB" cuz I had no clue what I was doing.

Then I got into it, and got a bit addicted. And played about an hour or two longer than I intended.

Oh well. It's more fun than algebra, right?

So because someone is japanese, they must play FFXI? Right. Guess i missed the joke, or it wasn't funny.

edit: on another note... the first person i saw when i logged on was another player named FinalFantasy
    It was in reference to the "wwwwwwwww" and the asian wannabes that play FFXI and substitute "w" for "lol". Maybe you did miss the joke. In all of the online games I played that had a large Japanese userbase, FFXI has the greatest number of gaijins that I've seen. PSU will probably tip the scales.

http://tune.ache-bang.com/~vg/outitem/up/img/10759.jpg more w's for you.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    15 stages as in 15 set of totally differents environement with boss at the end of each? That's more than I've seen in the screenshot/trailler.

Unless the patch simply unlock stuff already on the CD, we all know how much gameplay those new patch add.
    It is both.

The patches will unlock game content, as well add stuff server side, SEGA set this game up so most everything can be controlled via server, new ares, new everything, even the stuff not available on the CD. They are already planning an expansion anyway, so I dont really think (atleast I hope) PS2 will limit the game, I also hope that if for some reason it does, that they will give stuff to the PC/360 users and tell the PS2 people to fuck off.