Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just how much did they beef up Eviscaration?

I know they did some beefing up of Eviscaration a while back. I played around a little bit with it on bard after they did so and found that it was improved, but never really meleed in xp (as I feel is appropirate for bard).

Last night when we went to limbus I grabbed a couple of B. Knives (I'm a 100+3 bonecrafter and figured I might get lucky making them, since I needed something anyway) for the immune-to-slashing crabs (on ninja).

To my surprise Eviscaration was landing for 1200-1600 on these crabs, w/o a bard beefing me up.

Afterwards I screwed around for a little bit on 'real' mobs and found that it would hit for 800-1000 regularly (on ninja) against 'Tough' mobs.

So anyway, my question is..just how much did they beef up Evisc? Did it really get buffed to the point where it's a really useful weaponskill? Should I be using a P. Harpe mainhand on War instead of an axe (one of the ridill-warriors in my LS has been insisting that Harpe/Ridill is the best parsing combo for him)?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I got thrown into a PT in lufaise like last week on my WAR. I was gonna go DRG but ayn told me to just grab a Harpe, offhand joyeuse and use evisceration. Party setup was Dagger WAR, Dagger NIN, DRG, THF, WHM, BRD. 10k/hr while doing 32% of the damage, if it lowballed it did like 650 with no buffs up but with 1 minuet, zerk/aggressor it averaged 900 for the night with a high of 1240 without mighty strikes, 1276 with. If ayn's timers were down he'd use it, only a handful of times, did about 780 average. With no sa or ta i'd say that's not bad. If you're merited in sword or axe at all it's not worth using on anything that's neutral to your mainhand axe damage but it's not a gimpy combo if you're gonna do caedarva or lufaise (or I guess solely sea puks).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I was doing a bit more damage with it than the warrior I was in limbus with (like 400 damage more, but those crabs are weak).

Were you using a pure +str build like with rampage, or did you re-jigger your gear for a +str/+dex build to optimize dagger weaponskills (or are you using full heca in which case the two builds would be identical)?

23 years old

BG Level

Yeah I account the lower average (on evisceration specifically) from ayn (he trucked everything else) due to the fact that he used it like a grand total of 5 times over like 3 hours and usually it killed the monster, he might have gotten ganked on hits.. Might have missed a hit or 2 since he was using hedgehog pies but I doubt it, his accuracy was pretty impeccable over the course of the night.

The only thing I changed about my WS macro changing from rampage to evisceration was the actual /ws "*" <t> line.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6985/evisvj1.png

before the Dagger patch i was barely able to pull off a 1k Evisceration on anything, but after i ended up with this:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...X/img_0015.png

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Fucking gimp.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

For thief, it went from being "lolDarknessopeneronry" to "Legitimate Weapon skill". Since it's basically another Dancing Edge but not -quite- as good, thieves still don't use it much unless they want to open darkness, although I've seen some pretty sick screenshots of thf/drk on HNMs with evis. post-patch. I'd be curious to see a P. Harpe/Ridill war on Imps/Flies spamming it though - piercing weak is fun.

23 years old

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Fucking gimp.
    nou

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

no white boxes.

Seriously though, thanks for the feedback.

Looks like I'm gonna be testing this out a bit on ninja, and putting in some time camping Citipati & Xolotl.

FYI Xolotl duo = fun.

23 years old

BG Level

Ahem, there's a white box around my amemet mantle

The only HQ's I have are like... that and my snipers

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Brutal Earring goes on left side duh.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Re: Just how much did they beef up Eviscaration?

Quote Originally Posted by Tordall
    So anyway, my question is..just how much did they beef up Evisc? Did it really get buffed to the point where it's a really useful weaponskill? Should I be using a P. Harpe mainhand on War instead of an axe (one of the ridill-warriors in my LS has been insisting that Harpe/Ridill is the best parsing combo for him)?
    Evisceration pre patch was : 5 hit Weaponskill, Damage varies with TP.

Which means you'll get a great one at 300% TP, but, it didnt mean you'd land all the hits. You could save a 300% evisceration, put SA/TA/Hide and still do a shitty 3/5 evi.

Now Evisceration changed to : 5 hit Weaponskill, Critical hits vary with TP.

That mimics rampage, which has the same description. Turning a 5 hit WS into a crit based WS is the reason you pull out big numbers. Thise pics of the giant rampages are done because the crits went off on 4/5 hits, same with evisceration now a day.

Ryko why did you use joyeuse over ridill? Are they different damage types or something? Forgive me for being a career mage, lol.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Big Birds take slashing penalty. Normal swords are slashing, Joyeuse is peircing.

23 years old

BG Level

Yeah joyeuse is a piercing sword (reverts back to slashing for weapon skills) and gains a 25% damage bonus on greater birds whereas ridill is slashing and receievs a 25% damage penalty on its swings.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    I wear it on my right ear

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    SageSundi says left ear onry.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    if you have suppa, suppa goes on left ear and brutal on right. brutal is only ok on left if you arent wearing suppa

23 years old

BG Level

That's my WS gear, I swap out my suppa for an assault earring, which I normally wear on my left ear.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Azgalor

Tests prove that Double Attack procs more on the left ear unless paired with Suppanomimi.