Thread: carby fight question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

carby fight question

This may or may not be a stupid question (feel free to lock/delete this if it is), but can you wipe and re-enter the carby v2 fight? I'm assuming you can, but we only have 14 of our 18 members on, and want to give it a shot, and I'm not positive you don't just lose your items (DM anyone?).

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I'm pretty sure it'll let you reenter if you lose, just like any other avatar fight. The only way you cannot enter is if you lack the items (6 eyes) or have completed this (You can enter, but not start the BC, like a mission BC, you'd need someone who is on the mission to start it).

So basicly yes, you can reenter if you wipe. ;P

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Siegtaru
    I'm pretty sure it'll let you reenter if you lose, just like any other avatar fight. The only way you cannot enter is if you lack the items (6 eyes) or have completed this (You can enter, but not start the BC, like a mission BC, you'd need someone who is on the mission to start it).

So basicly yes, you can reenter if you wipe. ;P
    kthx for clearing that up.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yes, you can.

In case you win, you can enter again to help only if you don't go back to Carbuncle to finish the quest. If you get back to La Theine he will take your key items and you'll have to wait for the next tally, start the quest again, defeat all 6 avatars again for the key items and go back to Full Moon Foutain to help the 4 remaining people.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I was thinking the other day, what is the hugest, most colossal failure that SE has implemented into this game (don't say CoP ), and I came down to either Expeditionary Forces, or these newest 18-man avatar fights. I realize that you can get some unequaled weapons (like 1 or 2? maybe?lol) from these fights, but the exectution is piss-poor, don't you agree?

SAERING LITE RGEN BNONUS OK???/^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level

carbuncle's pole is great, I actually prefer it to kirin's pole or kinkobo for most things when I use staff on my monk (usually for sub mage and spirit taker).

The fights are not very popular unfortunately (like brenner and other things that would be pretty cool but people just don't do them much), but they are fun for melee since things like elementals are very weak to melee in these, it's a way to make avatar fights more for everyone and not just for smn*x.

What's really too much of a pain is that every time you win and want to go help someone again you have to get again all 6 eyes by redoing all the 18man-battles or it won't let you in even just to help. They should have made it like a mission BC battle where you can just enter to help someone if you already did it.