Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smallest needed for Proto-Omega / Ultima.

I have won Omega with 14.
    Code:
    Tank: NIN/WAR 2x PLD/NIN BRD RDM WHM.
    BLM: 5x BLM BRD
    DD: WHM + WAR
    I am sure it could easily be done with less 12 np just add WAR or NIN instead of 2nd PLD/NIN and remove whole Melee DD pt. We won 10 mins flat with that setup, we straight tank whole fight also. Omega really doesn't have much hp but I think it has pretty strong regen.

So anyone win Proto-Omega with less then 12 people and if so what was your strategy / setup.

For Ultima I think we won with 15 setup was.
    Code:
    Tank: PLD/NIN NIN/DRK RDM BLM BRD (WHM DCed Whole fight).
    BLM: 3x BLM SMN SMN RDM/DRK.
    DD: THF MNK DRK WHM
    Though almost lost mostly due to fact of no tank pt whm I think.

So anyone win Proto-Ultima with less then 12 people and if so what was your strategy / setup.

**Ninja Edit**

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

regan lol. Can't wait 'til Nynja gets ahold of this one.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My limbus group hovers around 12-13 on every run.
    Even with 12, we feel we're overkill on Ultima.

I know another JP group that did it with 9 (Proto-Ultima).

As for strat, ......

Number 1 strat:-

"Do not bring tards"

then you will win with ease.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm gonna go out on a limb and call bullshit, Ultima with 9?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and call bullshit, Ultima with 9?
    Definately BS, unless someone has hax we dont know about.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

shenanigans!

Omega can more or less be meleeburned if you go heavy on the healers. 2 parties of RDM BRD WHM + 3 Blinkin Melee works as long as people bring proper meds and proper skills. Just have NIN/WAR and WAR/NIN tank until it goes onto its 2 leg mode. He has some somewhat nasty moves but with quick healers its no problem.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How is it not possible?

If every person in alliance "know what he is doing", Ultima is a total pushover till he hits CB mode, then it's all zerging.

Cafe LS on Pandemonium did it with 9 the last run lead by Gorira and Chekitaru.

As I have said before, least I have done is with 12, and yet we feel it is overkill.

Oh wait,

Quote Originally Posted by wop

"Do not bring tards"

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How is it not possible?

If every person in alliance "know what he is doing", Ultima is a total pushover till he hits CB mode, then it's all zerging.

Cafe LS on Pandemonium did it with 9 the last run lead by Gorira and Chekitaru.

As I have said before, least I have done is with 12, and yet we feel it is overkill.

Oh wait,

"Do not bring tards"

B.u.l.l.s.h.i.t.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I do not bother taking Ultima pics nowadays anymore, as it's like a routine yawnfest for my LS.
    Got this really old pic about 4-5 months ago 14 Man Ultima to show you our setup though (we lost a few members since)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...op/Ultima1.jpg

This is our typical setup nowadays with 12 members.

NIN/WAR
    PLD/NIN
    WHM/NIN
    RDM/DRK
    BRD/WHM <--- Rotating member
    SMN/WHM

BLM
    BLM
    SMN
    Random DD depending on people's mood.... RNG/WHM, THF/NIN, SAM is what we work with
    PLD/NIN

That's 11 people setup, but we split the 2nd PT into another group going with 12 as having 1 BRD is enough.

With 3 Stunners, 3 flashers, there's no reason not to win if people are competent.
    Besides, if we could win without sweat with 12, it is definitely possible to kill with 9 (which I think should be minimum numbers required).

p/s I have 4/5 Nashira, so who's having the last laugh eh?

After thinking about this, I think this is very much possible. Just did another Ultima yesterday and the 3rd party was basically just another tank party + a sam.
    So they just stood around most of the time doing nothing.

Just a quick question on the whm/nin - do you feel this helps a lot ? Because for us Ultima usually stops doing Atomic waste almost completely when it gets Equalizer.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fumbletweed
    Just a quick question on the whm/nin - do you feel this helps a lot ? Because for us Ultima usually stops doing Atomic waste almost completely when it gets Equalizer.
    With the addition of Templar Mace, /NIN to avoid nasty AoE's in certain BC's (think sweeping flail from Bahamut V2, Ultima, and so forth), seems a viable choice.
    Not to mention, with AoE dispelling Reraise and a chance of instant death (gigaflare, or in this case CB), dual-weilding Templar Mace with Raise 2 Rods not only give the 10% Cure potency, it's a life-saver.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I do not bother taking Ultima pics nowadays anymore, as it's like a routine yawnfest for my LS.
    Got this really old pic about 4-5 months ago 14 Man Ultima to show you our setup though (we lost a few members since)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...op/Ultima1.jpg

This is our typical setup nowadays with 12 members.

NIN/WAR
    PLD/NIN
    WHM/NIN
    RDM/DRK
    SMN/WHM

BLM
    BLM
    SMN
    Random DD depending on people's mood.... RNG/WHM, THF/NIN, SAM is what we work with
    PLD/NIN

That's 11 people setup, but we split the 2nd PT into another group going with 12 as having 1 BRD is enough.

With 3 Stunners, 3 flashers, there's no reason not to win if people are competent.
    Besides, if we could win without sweat with 12, it is definitely possible to kill with 9 (which I think should be minimum numbers required).
    Grats, thats 14. Not 9.

p/s I have 4/5 Nashira, so who's having the last laugh eh?
    Creditbility gone, you can go now.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got this really old pic about 4-5 months ago
    I'll take pic on our next ultima in a months time 12 Manning it.

Again, I said it is Cafe LS that did it with 9, not us. I am just pointing out that it is possible with similar setup that I suggest above.

You can go now, you are ignorant.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Imma laugh when Wop proves It and owns your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor
    Imma laugh when Wop proves It and owns your ass
    ^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cafe LS members are pretty pimped out, Chekitaru is like the best equipped Rdm in our server if not the best all servers and usually the members are insanely equipped, no doubt they could do it.

Yeah imo Ultima is easier then Omega can be with an experienced group. I mean Omega has a lot nastier AOE moves compared to Ultima. Not to mention the pace of the fights.

It would be like comparing Byakko (Blink tanked not the PLD/war SMN adds etc weak) to Tiamat. Imo it wouldn't be very easy to hold Byakko up for 40-50 mins without a few deaths and etc, where as in Tiamat you can hold up for 2 hours np with almost 0 deaths with 12-18.

Proto-Ultima is more of a slow and steady fight to get to 0% where Proto-Omega a quick and fast kill expecting a few blm deaths and etc.

For a Noob group Proto-Omega would be way easier since I mean it goes down super fast and no strategy is really required to win. Where Proto-Ultima your group has to know how to stun, Keep good mp refresh going (MP pools doesn't mean shit in fights over 5 mins long), Knowing how to hold while 2/3 tanks are weak and/or whatever. I know still a lot of groups wipe to Omega with 18 and I really can't understand how since I mean with 5 blms it's a total pushover just have to expect a few deaths.

I mean their is a very long list of stuff that has to be done to keep things going smoothly, though once everyone knows what to do it's like clockwork and zzz.

The only thing that I would ever doubt is being able to do enough damage in amount of time BC allows without getting kicked.

My last point will be more members can make fights much harder if your party isn't balanced @ all. Sure unbalanced parties will work on quick 5-10 mins fights but if anything takes longer than 10 mins to kill you're actually hurting your party more than gaining imo.

I mean when people 12 man jorm and such it's done with setups like this:
    PLD/NIN PLD/NIN BRD BLM BLM BLM || SMN BRD RDM BLM BLM BLM (including Adds). Things like Relic shields / Horns and etc would help a lot and could make the difference between impossible and possible. So that 9 man group might have a few relics or whatever. Has anyone killed Jorm or Tiamat adds and all without any relics with as few as 12? (Off topic@.@) Though points being you sacrifice certain jobs to do stuff with fewer numbers then a typical strategy suggests which in turns requires the fewer members to pick up the slack of what would normally be done in a bigger group though doesn't mean it's impossible to do so.

Demosthenes11

...why not just go in with 18?

If you have problems getting 18 linkshell members to omega or ultima, you have bigger problems than limbus

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    ...why not just go in with 18?

If you have problems getting 18 linkshell members to omega or ultima, you have bigger problems than limbus
    if you can kill it with 12, you can split off a 6 man PT to farm any other Limbus for another chip, which gets you closer to another Proto fight.

if you're overkilling everything, you're just wasting your own time.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast