+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

People dont care about Assault anymore?

Seems like most people at my server Do not care about Assault
    Everytime i try to form a pt for assualt there is no one feels like joining
    And if you get lucky and found one he will tell you im rank1 or 2 ^_^

Alot of people used to do Assault for gil early days but now Assault items being cheap they dont bother with it anymore

I wonder why

-Its becouse the rare/ex Assault gear sucks for most jobs?
    -people only cares about one piece and they got it and thats it for them?
    -No reward like rajas ring or supp?
    -Not much story involved in assualt?
    -Its simple just kill stuff mostly~ gets old overtime?
    -people just suck and play this game to camp dragon aery only?

I realy got no idea

I hope SE add some OMG ZOMG! ring(Crown?hmmm) if you have cleared Assault or new area like sea or sky "Cant enter unless you have cleared Assault) so people move there lazy asses

Assault is ingame since freaking April and After few days SE gonna release Rank6/7been half a year already
    yet most people is still rank1 or 2 wth (Atleast my server)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

boring

Xaru

Most of them are boring.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It is good news if true. Then we can jack the prices back up on the items. But even at 1.3 million for a Potent Belt it is decent money for the time invested of 3 hours a week.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Re: People dont care about Assault anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    -people only cares about one piece and they got it and thats it for them?
    -No reward like rajas ring or supp?
    -Not much story involved in assualt?
    -Its simple just kill stuff mostly~ gets old overtime?
    -people just suck and play this game to camp dragon aery only?
    mostly 1 and 2, getting people to repeat the same thing is hard when they don't get anything for it.

storyline doesn't matter in getting people to repeat stuff.

what you do doesn't really matter if the reward reflects the difficulty (or sameness that makes it boring).

Re: People dont care about Assault anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    Pretty much why I stopped. Unless they add in a valid reason to keep pushing through there's really no point in wasting time on them imo.

Assault is my favorite addition from ToAU because it is something completely different from anything else in the game really. With the exception of the "extermination" ones, they are all pretty unique.

That said, I don't do them anymore for the time being for 2 reasons ...

1) My assault static has successfully completed every mission at least once, and ...
    2) Everyone in my assault static has at least 20,000 points in every zone

When the new missions come out, and perhaps the new area (with new rewards?) we'll start again.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Assault is my favorite addition from ToAU.
    Same here
    I feel sorry for people who try to do assault without a set pt (like my case lol)

I hope SE add crown with this update with godly statue will laugh at people who try to reach rank7 while they are still on rank 1 (limited by 1 tag per day this will take a veeery longtime)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Assault is my favorite addition from ToAU because it is something completely different from anything else in the game really. With the exception of the "extermination" ones, they are all pretty unique.

That said, I don't do them anymore for the time being for 2 reasons ...

1) My assault static has successfully completed every mission at least once, and ...
    2) Everyone in my assault static has at least 20,000 points in every zone

When the new missions come out, and perhaps the new area (with new rewards?) we'll start again.
    I agree completely. My static still goes, but i hate the extermination ones because they aren't any different from the rest of the game.

I would love it if they added new gear as rewards for AP. Make new tiers of items, one that cost 50k or even 100k AP, and actually make them worthwhile.

Or give people an actual reason to get the highest rank. Like maybe a discount from the guy that trades you Imperial Coins for IS. Right now he actually tells you what rank you are........ but it doesn't mean anything.

"I see you have a PSC badge....... that's interesting........"
    "I see you have a C badge....... that's interesting........"

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My static broke and trying to find people with tags, available, at your Tier, wanting to do assualt is like THF LFP +10

I wanna do assaults ; ;

my group POS hacked through the one with the jail cell in it to get our Yigit Hands in like the first week or so they were out.

the "set" effects aren't nearly strong enough to encourage anyone to obtain all 5, and the IS standing items from the gate gaurd are almost equally horrendous.

only way they were worth doing was if you can win in like 15 seconds otherwise its just a huge waste of time for shitty substandard items.

I see shouts every day for at lest 3 different ranks, problem is people only ever seem to want to do Excavation Duty, and since I'm damn bored of that one and I prefer to xp I'm still stuck on SP Rank. Not to mention most all the stuff I want is on AH anyways.

Personally I'm only interested in spamming Mamool Ja Point, which no-one ever shouts for.

Most people I know aren't bothered though, most aren't even PFC, too much of a hassle it seems.

On that note: Anyone on Asura interested in spamming spam Mamool Ja look me up, I wants me some spiffy pants.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    I see shouts every day for at lest 3 different ranks, problem is people only ever seem to want to do Excavation Duty
    Which is odd, because Seigemaster Assassination and Evade and Escape are both much faster and less boring (and just as easy) as Excavation Duty.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I dont do assault because there is always something more interesting for me to do, so it falls really far down on my 'to-do' list.
    The rare/ex stuff are just small incremental upgrades or a sidegrade at best based on my job+gear preferences.
    I'd rather buy the AH'able stuff with gil made from crafting than spend time/gil on food/meds just to do assault to get points.

But thats just me.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Popeh
    My static broke and trying to find people with tags, available, at your Tier, wanting to do assualt is like THF LFP +10

I wanna do assaults ; ;
    Wouldn't it be nice if one of those useless NPCs behind the counter handled this? The chap in the middle handing out tags is rather busy, but the other two need work.

Usless NPC on the Left: Talk to him and you can set yourself up as a freelance merc for hire. You tell him your Assault rank, what (if any) level caps you're willing run at, and what jobs you have available.

Useless NPC on the Right: Talk to him and you can sort thru the mercs for hire. Plug in the rank of the Assault you want and he pulls up your available mercs that talked to his coworker. "It seems there are 37 people that might be available. Here are their names..."

It would be up to you to see if those people were online and free to Assault. It would at least be somewhere to start besides shouting if your LS or Flist isn't getting you the people you need.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I don't do Assaults anymore because on every server I am sure there is always a particular few working to get the generals killed rather than "Helping". A friend of my mine got blacklisted for "MPKing" one of the generals. I don't understand the reason to blacklist o.o, but it was pretty fun. >.> GoGo Charmga!

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    I don't do Assaults anymore because on every server I am sure there is always a particular few working to get the generals killed rather than "Helping". A friend of my mine got blacklisted for "MPKing" one of the generals. I don't understand the reason to blacklist o.o, but it was pretty fun. >.> GoGo Charmga!
    Generals are in Besieged.

Assault is good, easy money once you figure out the fast ones to do. 100k payout per person per day for 15 minutes of my time...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Myself and one other have to really work to get people in my LS to do Assaults.

I don't see why it's such a "bother" to some... in most cases, it's a pretty steady way to make gil if you don't want the ra/ex stuff. Just be sure that you do Assaults every 3-4 days, collect items, sell on AH = win.

It beats farming, crafting, or camping NMs for gil... (and yes, I know there are other ways to get gil, but these are the ones that noobs who forsake Assault choose to use).

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeh

I wanna do assaults ; ;
    Wouldn't it be nice if one of those useless NPCs behind the counter handled this? The chap in the middle handing out tags is rather busy, but the other two need work.

Usless NPC on the Left: Talk to him and you can set yourself up as a freelance merc for hire. You tell him your Assault rank, what (if any) level caps you're willing run at, and what jobs you have available.

Useless NPC on the Right: Talk to him and you can sort thru the mercs for hire. Plug in the rank of the Assault you want and he pulls up your available mercs that talked to his coworker. "It seems there are 37 people that might be available. Here are their names..."

It would be up to you to see if those people were online and free to Assault. It would at least be somewhere to start besides shouting if your LS or Flist isn't getting you the people you need.
    zomg, I love this idea! Too bad it'll never happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast