Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ix'DRG     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ix'DRG

Anyone else notice that Ix'DRG has found a way to get through the portal and come after your black mages doing the nuke/zone trick?

I sadly watched as our LS faultered to kill this bastard and RMT came up to kill it. They tried 3 or 4 times before ultimately wiping at 1% so we got the last nuke and got the deed.

However, they killed it with a NIN soloing and blms support nuking and a whm curing. However, they didnt have wynavs chasing them because they still had hate on us since we were holding it for a long time.

What's the best strategy for this? kiters on the wynavs and a nin soloing Ix'DRG with some blm there for stuns and cures?

Black Belt
    BG Level

were your BLMs in party?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Zoning only works if it only has hate on one target when you zone from my experience with this. Just have 1-2 people hold each wynav (rdm can do this easily) who hopefully don't have a really damaging weapon equipped for when they get charmed, while your main group kills the NM.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I trained all 3 wynav yesterday with NIN/BRD >>;

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    were your BLMs in party?
    if so, then you have the answer to your problem.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

We do this trick a lot. The one time we claimed before we dropped pt it came after us all and pt agro'd everyone throughout the zone. Luckily it was trained far enough from its spawn point that we managed to RR and claim out with pt before it made its way back and despawned. Make sure you drop pt before claiming. Its the only way this trick works. It also means that it goes yellow after every zone so it can be claimed be anyone including rmt :/

On another note, we recently popped it after one set of Aerns killed. We killed Ix then decided to kill another couple of Aerns to get some exp while waiting on the rest of the ls. lol Ix repops after the first Aern again. Was a good day in Sea. Cape from first pop and Deed from 2nd all within 60-90mins. I heard another ls on our server did the same recently. Has anyone else had this good luck with it spawning a 2nd time so quickly?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

last time we did this, he popped after first set of aerns killed

we had the rdm kiting all 3 of the wynavs around the room (he said it was super easy)... war/nin who tanked and pretty much was our solo damage source

blms there helped cure along with the whm, tossing high nukes once in a while..

think total was 1 rdm, 1 whm , 1 war, 2-3 blm ?

ive never done this with a manaburn so idk what the mechanics of the whole zoning thing are D;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alibeemac
    I heard another ls on our server did the same recently. Has anyone else had this good luck with it spawning a 2nd time so quickly?
    Hey Ali =) Not sure which LS you're talking about, but it happened to us (WS) too, a few weeks ago.

To answer OP's question, you need to disband 2-3 seconds before entering the warp thingie. If not, it goes through the warp and chases you...and regens a lot on the way back.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alibeemac
    Has anyone else had this good luck with it spawning a 2nd time so quickly?
    Good luck in sea?

...I'm....I'm not sure I understand...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by vegetaa

Hey Ali =) Not sure which LS you're talking about, but it happened to us (WS) too, a few weeks ago.
    Hey Veg :D lol actually it wasn't WS I was referring to but it seems that this happened to all of us around the same time. lol maybe there was a glitch for Lakshmi causing DRG to pop straight away then repop again in the same room on the first mobs. Made a nice change to actually get some drops for once. DRG was so lame for us for so long. It was always the DRG Deed we needed to do Prudence ><

u dont have to be disbanded for the trick to work..
    hie party aggro range is pretty limited.
    just make sure noone is near u when u zone it wich means all other people should stand by the oposite tele from the same room or further away his party aggro range goes about from one portal to the ramp of the other.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

When we duo/trio manaburn it we just drop party and coordinate in /l. I've never seen Ix'drg go through the portal, but once we didn't drop party and two of the wyvans come over.

Seen it pop on the first mob killed, all the way to after about 15 hours spread out over 3 sessions...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Am I the only one who's noticed that Ix'DRG likes to pop really quickly when you have very few people there?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn
    Am I the only one who's noticed that Ix'DRG likes to pop really quickly when you have very few people there?
    more people = more likelyhood of fuckups...

I just went 4hours no pop, and returned the enxt day and went another 4hours no pop... such shit luck =/ BLM and BRD duo is pretty nice, solo parties brd just watches to DoT so I can nuke everytime i zone rather then having to Dot zone nuke zone dot zone nuke zone dot zone.. Anyways, sea is hit or miss 100% of the time. Either you try for 10hours to no prevail or you come out rich after 15minutes. Aggravating but its got its benefits. Twice as hard as sky, half as fun, half the benefits, but damn it its something new.. kinda