Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So how do you deal with...

Usual crap, long time reader first time poster.

So it's been about 3 years since many of us long time players have been around the game and we're all mostly all milking the shit out of end game by now yet we're still stuck in homo places like lolaery for lame drop rates.

What makes it worse are te fucking cheaters out there. If you know a ls is blatantly cheating, what kind of rules can you really set up for people to follow? I mean, why the fuck random when people have an unfair advantage to begin with? only ones getting fucked over are people who don't bot.

Yea, there's people who bot in every ls whether people know it or not so it's still relatively fair but when you know half a ls like around 20 some people are botting, wtf can you do aside from mpking them all the time and randoming for claim?

Some input I'd like to hear are people from like Unicorn who have to deal with Fortune and their counterparts who play in the same cafe, Unreal from Bismarck. How the fuck do you deal with these shits. Fortune's website already been posted before and already in drama database for being caught cheating on their forums with screenshots; unreal's http://unreal-ls.com/. If you look at the SS section, they've claimed like every thing for a whole month straight and it's still going up everyday.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quit the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Cough up the 24$, and geta bot?

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

You want a straight up answer?

Fight fire with fire.

Sucks, a lot of people will not resort to it. A lot more people will. What sort of guilt would you hold against yourself for doing something "wrong" to obtain something if you're doomed to stagnate because others do it without regard to others in the first place?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

This is why you classify "End Game" as something fun and enjoyable that you can do with your LV75 character, not camping for hours at a time in lolaery or lolvalleyofsorrows.

I personally find dynamis, limbus, merit point parties, helping others do missions, and just hanging out with my friends enjoyable. That is my "End Game."

So in conclusion, find something that you enjoy doing with your LV75 character and stick to it, but don't over do it. If you can't, well... it could be time for you to play lolWoW or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bot or make a livejournal and cry about it there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

You have four options;

1) Bot yourself.

2) MPK them at Fafnir/Nidhogg. Use the old Cure 4 > Invincible trick or just have fun with Spiders!

3) Give up and stop camping.

4) Try and join the LS who claims everything.

Thankfully on Titan nobody seems to bot and nobody MPKs. Fafnir claims are usually random and the same LS doesn't claim everyday.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So I guess the best answer is already one I thought and just wanted input. Botting 4tw. I enjoy doing most endgame stuff but I still want to help people who want their ridills and lolebodys hence why I put myself through this shit of camping against the botters because the effort they give to the ls and the time they've been in makes me feel they deserve it. Guess aery will just go back to good ole days of claim on white and mpk and having to stay for the kill because can't trust people to random.

P.S. SE design is gay but this ain't nothing new. WoW and upcoming psu looking pretty good after 2-3years of this shit.

Re: So how do you deal with...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloaking
    Usual crap, long time reader first time poster.

So it's been about 3 years since many of us long time players have been around the game and we're all mostly all milking the shit out of end game by now yet we're still stuck in homo places like lolaery for lame drop rates.

What makes it worse are te fucking cheaters out there. If you know a ls is blatantly cheating, what kind of rules can you really set up for people to follow? I mean, why the fuck random when people have an unfair advantage to begin with? only ones getting fucked over are people who don't bot.

Yea, there's people who bot in every ls whether people know it or not so it's still relatively fair but when you know half a ls like around 20 some people are botting, wtf can you do aside from mpking them all the time and randoming for claim?

Some input I'd like to hear are people from like Unicorn who have to deal with Fortune and their counterparts who play in the same cafe, Unreal from Bismarck. How the fuck do you deal with these shits. Fortune's website already been posted before and already in drama database for being caught cheating on their forums with screenshots; unreal's http://unreal-ls.com/. If you look at the SS section, they've claimed like every thing for a whole month straight and it's still going up everyday.
    worst time to post this ever, period

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko

Fight fire with fire.

Sucks, a lot of people will not resort to it. A lot more people will. What sort of guilt would you hold against yourself for doing something "wrong" to obtain something if you're doomed to stagnate because others do it without regard to others in the first place?
    The same sort of guilt I'd have because I broke any law just "because others do it"?

And before you say it, yeah, it's only a game. That doesn't mean I want to cheat. The "clean rep" of the LS I'm in played a large part in my decision to join them in the first place, and I don't regret it one bit. Sure we don't claim kings very often, but that makes the ones we have got all the sweeter.

Nobody "stagnates" just because they're missing a king piece or two, or a lolridill. That's just a lameass excuse to justify cheating.

Banned.

BG Level

Stop caring about abjurations.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Paegan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryko

Fight fire with fire.

The same sort of guilt I'd have because I broke any law just "because others do it"?

And before you say it, yeah, it's only a game. That doesn't mean I want to cheat. The "clean rep" of the LS I'm in played a large part in my decision to join them in the first place, and I don't regret it one bit. Sure we don't claim kings very often, but that makes the ones we have got all the sweeter.

Nobody "stagnates" just because they're missing a king piece or two, or a lolridill. That's just a lameass excuse to justify cheating.
    Then please explain how the botting linkshells amass so many members, and the legit ones tend to remain relatively small( Not in all cases, but it seems to be a general trend on alot of servers ). In the end, most people look for a linkshell based on what that linkshell can get them, not everyone is like "omg I wnt 2 hlep ^_^"
    You may not totally stagnate, my shell certainly hasn't, but you don't have such a membercount as to be able to respond to camps at any hour of the day. You do what you can, and hopefully everyone is happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

you dont need to bot to claim ^^
    if you REALLY want Fafnir/Nidhog
    Claim darters, keep 1-2 slept till window is up
    10 seconds before window, Start casting GA's and have your melee ready AOE ws's
    XD
    that's not cheating, just very fucking annoying, ^^

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Sadly, the biggest problem with Abjurations is that more often than not, they fail to live up to people's expectations.

I guess the anxiety/anticipation for a lot of people is just unrealistic, so that when they finally get the item and realize its not earth-shattering good, they lose a lot of their desire to play.

Still, its hard to say "stop caring about abjurations", because until that person experiences the letdown themself, they'll never know. Once they do though, they typically quit or play a lot less.

Personally I think SE should just reduce the timers on Dynamis so that more people can upgrade relics. Honestly, spending that 2-3 hours a day farming currency and AF2 would make a lot more people a shitload happier.

People here can knock relics all they want, but honestly its the only thing I've done or gotten that's been "worth it", and I've played with just about every toy in FFXI.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I personally don't care too much about the abjurations that are dropped, I just want people to get more Ridills! D:<

That said, I haven't been in DA for ages, lolcollege

Old Merits
    BG Level

Besides DA there is always another place to go, sure they don't drop ridills but there is more to the game than a single sword for war.

The worst part about end game are douches, and there on every server, some more than others.

Although saying that there still remains a certain degree of pride that you do actually own one of the more sought after Abjurations even if at the end of the day the benefits in owning it are not as player enhancing as you thought. Its nice to have the time invetsed in kings "pay up" and feel a little bit better about wasting so much time there. (Though its its a crappy abjuration then sure you might end up feeling more bitter "3 years for Dryadic Abjuration feet? I've wasted my life!")

People need constant goal orientated reasons to play if they arnt content with hanging out with linkshell buddies and the like. Even if getting the abjurations are a slim chance people still try for them anyway. I do feel a bit annoyed when people get rare items like abjurations/af2 then either quit the linkshell or the game entirely a few weeks later.

Of course this brings us back to never getting the pay out from competeing against so many boters and sheer high numbers. Even knowing that I still find myself going back to Aery.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    Besides DA there is always another place to go, sure they don't drop ridills but there is more to the game than a single sword for war.

The worst part about end game are douches, and there on every server, some more than others.
    Well ya, but the fight itself is still fun (for most people, unless they suck at it). I mean I could go and kill some Tough mobs in Assault for 2 hours or I could sit in a pit full of no talent assclown botters for a small chance at killing a mob that's still fun to kill.

And some of the abjurations themselves are still best-in-class. Hard to beat Heca Cap and legs for any job that can use it, and ofc Adaberk. Its the Abjs like Dalmy and Kbody that seem to drive people to the point of extinction once they realize its just not all its cracked up to be.

Edit: Oh ya, posted my solution in some other thread:

Just have Fafnir reraise til he drops Ridill or spawns Nidhogg. Then he can sleep for the day np.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast