BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sergeant Assaults     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

the sit up part of this rank quest is driving me insane.

it appears its glitched or lag has a MAJOR impact on it. the last two times i tried that wierd "fail" noise sounded right when they touched back down on the ground, giving me no chance to push enter at the correct time.... also, the practice part of it with Abquhbah is also glitched. ive tried it about 12 times, and i could NEVER get the whistle to sound out of the 120 (12 tries x 10 per day) sit ups he did.

my current theory is you must practice in order to have any chance of getting the whistle noise, and for the first round of sit ups they do, you must push enter about half way through it.

any help getting this quest done would be appreciated

Edit: I think I passed the sit up part. the secret is after the first whistle you need to wait to press enter until they hit the ground, not before they do the first sit up. (the first is done for you)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    We tried this twice last night with 5 with no success. We used the "run to the other side of the map" strat, still didn't work. Here's what we saw:

The immortals appear to get a package every time they kill an imp. At the very least, they certainly got one every time they killed one and we were around. Hard to tell if they did when we weren't around.

If you are both fighting the same imp, they got the package every time, even if they only showed up with 10% left and we still got the killshot. Very infuriating.

The immortals can run up cliff ledges, they also don't seem to get hung up on the game architecture hang ups that Leujoam Sanctum-Ordelle's Caves seem to have.

I read a strategy on Alla to have someone voke and kite the first one they are fighting to try and stall them from killing it while the rest of the party kills everything else. Anyone had any luck with this strat? Or any other suggestions? We left this Assault with a very bad taste in our mouths, and I would like to beat it at some point just to feel redeemed.
    We started in the big room and there were 3 imps near us, giving us a natural head start, and had one person talk to the start NPC. The immortals took some time, but they eventually caught us.

I ran this a few more times. On one of the times, one the ninjas voked the imp and ran away with it and the immortals followed. The rest of us then continued killing the rest of the imps. So it appears that kiting does work.

I just won this in a trio (thf mnk rdm) by simply outkilling the immortals. Any imp that the npcs touch at all, leave alone. We won something like 5-2 and got 1500 AP (with 1st time bonus, so 1000 base).

anyone had any luck in winning the alpaku seizure tries 3 times last night, got the capture message many times instanly followed by running away. Is this bugged?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4