Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sergeant Assaults     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sergeant Assaults

Periqia:
    Stop the Bloodshed
    Objective: Exterminate the chigoes
    Recruitment: Lv. 50, 3-6 mercenaries
    Time Limit: 30 min

We split up and the chigoes were no trouble.. they hit for maybe 10 damage. Watch out for Chigoe Breeders, they are black mage Lamia mobs who do Sleepga II, have high HP, and respawn quickly if you kill them. Breeders are usually easy to get by.

We lost because we missed a chigoe somehow somewhere, We walked over every inch of that place twice looking for chigoes and were unable to find any more to kill. Make sure you get the chigoes from up the stairs in the end rooms, easily missed.

Ilrusi Atoll
    Apkallu Seizure
    Objective: Capture the apkallu
    Recruitment: Lv. 70, 3-6 mercenaries
    Time Limit: 30 min

Fairy Apkallu are very cautious creatures. To catch one, you must sneak up behind it very quietly. Remember, never approach an apkallu from the front.

Pugils there die very easilly and should all be killed because they will complicate your objective later. There are ???s there you can get temporary fish items from.

Its kind of tricky to capture them and non obvious. We won by using /welcome on them when they looked at us which made them curious. When they were curious we could click on them and then trade them a fish. I'm not 100% sure how this works as only one guy was able to do it.

I also noticed I could lock on to one in first person and strafe to the side and it would never get scared and run away even though it was staring at me.

After you get the message that you captured it you need to get behind it IMMEDIATLY and walk it back to the NPC. Make sure the people with you get out of the way or he will see them and run away. You also need to kill all the pugils along the way because it will also run away if it runs into one.

Lebros Cavern
    Apkallu Breeding
    Objective: Match the apkallu
    Recruitment: Lv. 60, 3-6 mercenaries
    Time Limit: 15 min

The slightly smaller ones are the girrrls, and the bigger ones are the guys. Let's see how many couples you can make.

A couple decent challange bombs here and there that cast Firaga III.

They all make different cries with different squeeks and quarks like "squee squee squee, quark quark quark, quark squee, quark quark squee!" (Which means SONG in morse code by the way).

We lost our first try and couldn't figure out in time two matching paterns nor a quick way to identify them. Grab a pad and print out the morse code alphabet cause you're gonna need it.

Example.. the winning match of:

squee squee squee | Quark squee | Quark Quark Quark | squee Quark Quark

and

squee Quark Quark | squee squee squee squee | squee squee | quark | squee

Could be translated to..

--- | .- | ... | -.. and -.. | ---- | -- | . | - = OASD and D?MET (not valid, no ---- in morse code)

or

... | -. | --- | .-- and .-- | ..... | .. | - | . = SNOW WHITE

Mamool Ja Training Grounds
    Imperial Treasure Retrieval
    Objective: Recover the treasure
    Recruitment: Lv. 50, 3-6 mercenaries
    Time Limit: 15 min

No fighting here. There are gems in various coffers. The enemy NPCs are going to spread out and try to get them all and so will you.

You can only carry 1 gem at a time from the coffer. If the enemy gets one you can run up and steal it from them. They can also run up and steal from you also, which will send you back to the beginning! This one was actually kind of fun and we easilly won.

Leujaoam Sanctum
    Supplies Recovery
    Objective: Retrieve the supplies
    Recruitment: Lv. 70, 3-6 mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos
    2nd time, I joined another team, 5 of us ran to the other end of the zone and 1 person stayed back to activate the immortals. When we were ready the person who stayed back talked to the main immortal (I think there is a typo in the dialogue where the person said we don’t need to rely on the Immortals, should be we don’t need to rely on mercenaries).

You basically race against them to see how many imps you kill and packages retrieved. As long as you kill the imp, you get a chance at getting items (packages) but not all imps have packages. There are 10 imps in all. Defeat 6 of them, OR retrieve 6 packages and you win. Its really easy if the leader knows where to start off as the imps always appear same place.
    There also seems to be an issue with bringing the temporary items back to the starting npc? I'll be doing this in 4 hours or so and then i'll be able to write about it.

We managed to get the message that we captured an Apkallu, but then it runs away right after we catch it. Do we have to bring it to the npc and if so do you know how to make it follow after you capture it?

Oh erm.. you get behind it and walk it back to the NPC.

Xavier

Attempted Supplies Recovery an hour ago, but lost.

For some reason we went through the zone raping the imps but only really got 1 supply recovered, while nearly every imp the two Immortals killed gave them a supply.

Got kicked out when they reached 4.

Chigoe one's objective is to just kill every chigoe on the map. Ignore the lamia. Really easy, but watch out, some rooms have like 8-10 in them.

The breeding one was just weird. We didn't win and still have no idea how to do it.

The Gem one was awesome. Had so much fun doing it, I wouldn't mind doing it again just for the hell of it. It's really easy. It's a variable point one. The more gems you bring back to base, the more points you get. The game ends when every gem has been taken to a side.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Attempted Supplies Recovery an hour ago, but lost.

For some reason we went through the zone raping the imps but only really got 1 supply recovered, while nearly every imp the two Immortals killed gave them a supply.

Got kicked out when they reached 4.
    We did this last night... I believe there were nine imps total, and we managed to get 2 supplies to the Immortals' 1.

I'm not positive, but I think whichever group gets the killshot gets the drop, so the best idea might be to follow the Immortals and use TP when the imps are low on health.

But yes, 2 to 1 and we got a victory.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Periqia:
    annoying, but easy. Chigoe Breeders can be ignored, I dont think they're sleepable (Lullaby failed). Devek prolly missed a chigoe.
    1320 w/ 5 ppl for leader

Ok do you have to return the temp items you get to recover supplies or do you just have to get a temp item because we got 3-4 temp items and the immortals got 1 supplies and some how they won......+

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ILRUSI IS FUCKING BUGGED I SWEAR.

"You successfully capture the Apkallu."
    "The Apkallu runs away".

without anyone from my party anywhere NEAR me.

Perqai, make sure you get the Chigoes from up the stairs in the end rooms, easily missed.

We won Mamool, Lebros and Periqai tonight.... regretablly only had 3 tags.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Leujaoam is fucking gay too...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the Lebros Cavern: Apkallu Breeding we didn't figure out what matches to what and failed. I wrote them down (hopefully correctly).

F = female, M = male, S = squee, Q = quark

F: SSQS,SS,SQS,S I-9
    F: SQQ,SSSS,SS,Q,S H-9
    F: SQ,SQQS,SQQS,SQSS,S H-10
    F: QSQS,SQSS,QQQ,SSQ,QSS I-8
    F: SSS,QQQ,SSQ,QS,QSS I-7

M: SQS,SQ,SS,QS H-8
    M: SSS,QQQ,QS,QQS G-9
    M: QSSS,SQSS,SSQS F-9
    M: SSS,QS,QQQ,SQQ G-8
    M: SSSS,S,SQ,Q H-6

It'd help if someone could post a match that they found to help figure out what the pattern is here.

-----

Leujaoam Sanctum: Supplies Recovery is strange and we ended up losing. For us it appeared that you have to claim the mob before the Immortals touch it and then we got obtained: XXX when it died. Otherwise, we'd end up assisting them in the kill and it would say they got the supplies when it died (although we got killshot). We weren't sure what to do with the items though if you have to do anything. We lost with 3 supplies received to their 4.

Edit: Nvm, more than 7 in the zone

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Leujaoam Sanctum owned

I’m not sure exactly what happened but this is what me and a JP team did. First time I did it, we lost.

2nd time, I joined another team, 5 of us ran to the other end of the zone and 1 person stayed back to activate the immortals. When we were ready the person who stayed back talked to the main immortal (I think there is a typo in the dialogue where the person said we don’t need to rely on the Immortals, should be we don’t need to rely on mercenaries).

You basically race against them to see how many imps you kill and packages retrieved. As long as you kill the imp, you get a chance at getting items (packages) but not all imps have packages. There are 10 imps in all. Defeat 6 of them, OR retrieve 6 packages and you win. Its really easy if the leader knows where to start off as the imps always appear same place.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    For the Lebros Cavern: Apkallu Breeding we didn't figure out what matches to what and failed. I wrote them down (hopefully correctly).

F = female, M = male, S = squee, Q = quark

F: SSQS,SS,SQS,S I-9
    F: SQQ,SSSS,SS,Q,S H-9
    F: SQ,SQQS,SQQS,SQSS,S H-10
    F: QSQS,SQSS,QQQ,SSQ,QSS I-8
    F: SSS,QQQ,SSQ,QS,QSS I-7

M: SQS,SQ,SS,QS H-8
    M: SSS,QQQ,QS,QQS G-9
    M: QSSS,SQSS,SSQS F-9
    M: SSS,QS,QQQ,SQQ G-8
    M: SSSS,S,SQ,Q H-6

It'd help if someone could post a match that they found to help figure out what the pattern is here.
    We found other males as well (though the same number of females):

QSQS,QQQ,QSS G-7
    QQ,QQQQ,QQQ,QS H-7
    QQQ,SQQ,SQ,QS,QQS,S H-7

Otherwise the patterns we found are the same, but the positions are different. It might simply be because they roam a little bit.

We failed this twice - I've been looking at them since then to see if I can find a pattern. So far as I can tell, there are no direct matches, no reverse order matches (SQQ... would go with ...QQS), no opposite matches (SQQ... would match up with QSS...), and no matches between apkallus that said the same number of squees and quarks in total.

The one theory I've thought of but haven't disproved is that they'll like each other more if you match them up with the same "group" of squees and quarks. For example, matching a SQQ,SSSS,SS,QS might go with SQS,SQ,SS,QS since they share an SS and QS group (which would explain why there are commas in certain places). I didn't get to test this, though.

Any other bright ideas?

so then for Leujaoam Sanctum you dont need to turn in the temp items to get the supplies recovered? We out killed the Immortals and had more temp ites than they had supplies but we still lost and I cant comprehend why.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

The one theory I've thought of but haven't disproved is that they'll like each other more if you match them up with the same "group" of squees and quarks. For example, matching a SQQ,SSSS,SS,QS might go with SQS,SQ,SS,QS since they share an SS and QS group (which would explain why there are commas in certain places). I didn't get to test this, though.
    i tried QSQS, SQSS, QQQ, SSQ, QSS with QSQS, QQQ, QSS and it didnt match ;_;

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

you know what, I think Im going to do the mamool one, then the chigoe one, then maybe the immortal package one, then Im going to do 5 lower tier ones for farming and advance that way
    violence is considerably easier than mating penguins

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sui
    We found other males as well (though the same number of females):

QSQS,QQQ,QSS G-7
    QQ,QQQQ,QQQ,QS H-7
    QQQ,SQQ,SQ,QS,QQS,S H-7

Otherwise the patterns we found are the same, but the positions are different. It might simply be because they roam a little bit.
    According to my friend, the dats contain more than 10 dialogues of the Squees and Quarks. It's probably that the zone randomly chooses 5 pairs to place when you go in. The 10 that I listed are from one run though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Managed to win the Apkallu Breeding one with what I suspect was a lot of luck. I didn't have the forethought to mark down the positions of the two I matched, but I did write down what they said.

M: Squee squee squee, quark quark quark, quark squee, quark quark squee!
    F: Squee squee squee, quark quark quark, squee squee quark, quark squee, quark squee squee!

I thought I needed to find a perfect match, and we were running out of time and so I tried this on a whim. They were pretty similar, but I'm not sure if this kind of match would always work. Nor am I sure if the NPCs are always in the same place. But if at least the couples are fixed, and the NPC locations are random it won't be bad. But if the couples are completely random, then it's probably as bad as the lebros supplies assault.

I got 825 AP with armband, and just 3 people with that one match.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just won Apkullu Breeding after losing our first try. We went to match up a male and female who had the same sentence and it didnt work. At the last minute one of our party memebers hooked up a Male: SQSSQSSQS, with a Female: QSQSSQSS.

Our theory is that the key is not to match up exact matches but instead to look for repeating patterns.

For example something like: QQSSQQSSQQ and SSQQSSQQSS would match, or SSSSQSSSSQ and QSSSSQSSSS.

It's a lot of work to do in 15 minutes time and it awards more points for more matches while only one win is neccessary to win. One match awarded me 742 assault points with leader band so its not even worth doing with less than 2 or 3 matches it seems. Totally not something you'd want to farm unless your extremely patient/masochistic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast