FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

in my dynamis LS on phoenix, he readied oblivion smash once, split into 3, did the smash....then none of the duplicates depopped, we had 3 dynamis lords running around pummeling everyone for like 5 mins

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ive fought DL twice, he did it one of the two times. I actually do have an SS in one of my windower versions, will look for it.

Seems to happen if you slack on the CS Stunning and you get unlucky on the TP lottery.

Like 2-3 years ago when we were trying non zerg stratigies he did this to us..

Tried to use the divider thing to protect the mages from him, we were doing pretty good but got our shit stomped once he split up. Tried it again with the same result.. rdm/drk wasn't very common then so we figured he was mostly unbeatable.

We have got a splite into 3 > 3x Oblivion Smash twice before, he really likes us. Although wiping just because the mob is crazy always makes us laugh, instead of noobing it up, which makes everyone angry.

Quote Originally Posted by ElSugahpie
    in my dynamis LS on phoenix, he readied oblivion smash once, split into 3, did the smash....then none of the duplicates depopped, we had 3 dynamis lords running around pummeling everyone for like 5 mins
    This is kind of what happened to us lol. If he's always done this then wow lol. I've fought/killed him over 10 times and this is the only time I've ever seen this. We actually ended up winning, however. While everyone was wiping someone put Bio III on him which took him from 2% to 1%, then I and another THF reraised and both of us had TP already and the other THFs Dancing Edge finished him.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

dam. never seen that happen either -_-

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One of my screenshots of the log from when there were 5 Dynamis Lords:

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8290/5timesdlvs4.jpg

I don't think I've noticed his clones not despawn though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alathar
    He's certainly always done that. That's usually the only reason our LS ever loses to him. If he splits, you're screwed.
    He did this to us on Sunday, but he was only at 1% and he only managed to kill half the BLMs before he died.

Tight fisted SOB only dropped a 100 Byne though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    Too bad you didn't somehow win, that would've been some sweet drops. >.>
    we did win, shadow ring and 100note :D

i think it was a lone thf still alive that ended up dropping it....or something silly like that

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

bleh

The 5 Dlords is a result of killing ying/yang a second time, after you do so he has the ability to split into 5.

Quote Originally Posted by senseless
    The 5 Dlords is a result of killing ying/yang a second time, after you do so he has the ability to split into 5.
    We didn't kill Yin and Yang re-pops the times it's happened to us, don't even think he'd summoned them, he just did it like a normal TP move.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

He has many different Tp moves that he can use during the fight. Most of the time people don't see many of them go off due to stuns. What I have seen he can do this move at any time in the fight as a tp move without something else prior unlocking the move.

Its pretty much just random luck if he does a really nasty tp move or some moves that are no big deal as far as I can tell. Sometimes you're lucky other times you aren't.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ive seen 2-5 copies of d lord during various ws....and they despawned after WS every time....

Thats just normal for him

And yeah they all talk the same smack..

It sucks when you get hit with 2 or 3 oblivion smashes though >.> out of the 4 or 5 he used

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've got a SS on my home computer of Dyna Lord deciding to 4 smashes in a row. Or was it a mijin gakure. I can't really tell but all 4 said stuff and then everyone fell.

From what people are seeing and the times i've seen it happen, would the split be SAM 2hr? I know he's used it before, but i've never looked at the log enough to see if they correlate.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elondir
    From what people are seeing and the times i've seen it happen, would the split be SAM 2hr? I know he's used it before, but i've never looked at the log enough to see if they correlate.
    That would suck. Split into three and Meikyo Shisui. Three Dynamis Lords using three WS each. Too painful to think about.

Old Merits
    BG Level

On one of my dyna shells first DL fights, we decided to try to drag him all the way down to the cliff by the first dragon to see if we could take advantage of any elevation glitches for aoe (which proved not to be very effective). Anyway he did the split apart thing and...stuck apart. He totally glitched out. The DL's would just walk around- all 3 of them- and not attack or anything.

The down side? we had like5 minutes at the time of the pull, and due to the confusion of "HOLY CRAP WHICH ONE DO WE ATTACK?" we actually timed out with DL at 10%

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Asherek Raitmeaux
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Dynamis_Lord

"Has the ability to split into three clones of himself, usually to do a WS. This will drop target lock."

It's just a move he can do after a certain amount of time has passed. It can upto 3-4 clones of himself I believe, seen it happen once or twice. And yeah, target lock is dropped because it's almost like he's "repopping" into the same zone again.

I don't know exactly what weaponskills he can do split but i've been hit by oblivion smash when he was split.

Basically it said..

Dynamis Lord readies Oblivion smash.

I survived the first one.. the second killed me.. full alliance wipe.