+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bling and stuff     submit to reddit submit to twitter

willy_grant

bling and stuff

what is this new trend in all the white kids wearing oversized necklaces and $10 gold earings off of ebay these days, do you guys think
    all that rap music corrupted these idiots?

rap music is for black people

New Trend?

Been like this for years.

And yes, it's directly music, more so the media though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

what hole have you been living in for the past 5 years?

not so much rap but more like trying to be "hard" or be a "thug"

Banned.

BG Level

Really you can't blame all of 'rap'... it's usually the group of men with absolute no singing talent who happen to be self-absorbed, usually uneducated(most of the time with less than a High School deploma), and sterotypical who probably have no clue what part of Africa they came from, that sing about how hard they are and how they kill cops and people(of course nothing but bold lies) and/or sell and do massive amounts of drugs(more likely), but on the next track talk about how hard it was to grow up in the ghettos with all the violence and drugs their future persona are the cause off. Hmm, that was all one sentence.

What bothers me more these days the fact almost every girl who isn't butt-ugly(er... sometimes not even then) I see these days are stupid, dim-witted sluts, probably thanks to MTV being their educator, who are going to amount to nothing but produce more useless, easily influencial children and/or become punching bags for the constantly drunk/high fucking morons who believe the people above are not fictional characters and try to be like them to impress some stupid bitch who they will end up divorcing because both of them lack the basic skills to understand how to act like adults. Another single sentence, I must break this habit. Anyway, if more than 1/3 of the parents of this country, let alone world, were as smart as their kid could potentially be at age 12, then a lot of this nonsense wouldn't happen.

Btw, I don't like society much.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Really you can't blame all of 'rap'... it's usually the group of men with absolute no singing talent who happen to be self-absorbed, usually uneducated(most of the time with less than a High School deploma), and sterotypical who probably have no clue what part of Africa they came from, that sing about how hard they are and how they kill cops and people(of course nothing but bold lies) and/or sell and do massive amounts of drugs(more likely), but on the next track talk about how hard it was to grow up in the ghettos with all the violence and drugs their future persona are the cause off. Hmm, that was all one sentence.

What bothers me more these days the fact almost every girl who isn't butt-ugly(er... sometimes not even then) I see these days are stupid, dim-witted sluts, probably thanks to MTV being their educator, who are going to amount to nothing but produce more useless, easily influencial children and/or become punching bags for the constantly drunk/high fucking morons who believe the people above are not fictional characters and try to be like them to impress some stupid bitch who they will end up divorcing because both of them lack the basic skills to understand how to act like adults. Another single sentence, I must break this habit. Anyway, if more than 1/3 of the parents of this country, let alone world, were as smart as their kid could potentially be at age 12, then a lot of this nonsense wouldn't happen.

Yes, I hate snicker lickers too.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bolds = misspellings. Italics = run-ons. Underlined = truth.

w?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical

Bolds = misspellings. Italics = run-ons. Underlined = truth.

w?
    That was the point... though the spellings are probably from typing so fast, now that you quoted them, I have no reason to fix it ;o.

it's the music not the individual right guyz

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Personally, fuck rap. I mean, music is defined by singing and PLAYING A MUSICAL INSTRAMENT(sp)... a beat box is not one... and talking fast does not mean the same as singing... sorry had t get that off my chest. Majority of songs I hear these days are about "bitches and hoes" >_>

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor
    Personally, fuck rap. I mean, music is defined by singing and PLAYING A MUSICAL INSTRAMENT(sp)... a beat box is not one... and talking fast does not mean the same as singing... sorry had t get that off my chest. Majority of songs I hear these days are about "bitches and hoes" >_>
    This is why I don't listen to a whole lot of music these days. To me, if you are singing just to sell records, I have no intention of putting your filth in my ears, If on the other hands you are singing for a real reason, I'll listen.

Old old rap that was sung in a kind of protest , i don't mind, rap of today I BEEZ PIMPIN DEM HOS WUUUUUUUUUUUUUT = gtfomyface.

thats probably as ignorant as the people/things you are trying to insult

and uh yea lets not start a big rap debate again, use the search function

sup stupid laggy double post

Come on now. That's just being ignorant. Define singing. You listen to only country or something? Do you hate hardcore/metal/metalcore/othercoresandcombinationsofmetalandhardmusicingene ral? I wouldn't count that as singing either. And some of the musical instruments used in the songs can be compared to the beats in rap songs based on the fact that it's alot of the same riffs over and over again.

Before you go attacking what I've said, I listen to all of the above. I listen to more rock than rap. I listen to Tupac/Jay-Z/Nas/B.i.g., that's it really. I do agree that rap these days sucks ass, but that doesn't mean it isn't music. I'm planning on making millions when I make my rap song, I don't know what the lyrics will be but it will involve repeating the same phrase over and over and over like so:

Shoulder leeeean, shoulder leeeean, shoulder leeeean, shoulder leeeean
    Ridin dirty, tryin to catch me ridin dirty, catch me ridin dirty, ridin dirty

read this before you put up an argument
    (at least the bold parts if you are that lazy)

RE: Rappers and mc's (read a book)

Just re-evaluate what you're talking about in your songs if you want long lasting respect from people who are just like you. In the longrun that is what matters. Really more than that, put more thought into how your rap is delivered in syllables, patterns and rhyme schemes... those are important you fuckers. If rap is poetry to you, then think like a poet... damn, read a book. Pick up an encyclopedia and just read a damn paragraph or something! Shit... it is so weak to see all these people with recording equipment and a myspace page who can't even rap but wanna present themselves like they are the next best thing.

Shux Wun appreciates anybody with love for Hip Hop... but I don't really like listening to lyrics about shit that don't matter like hoes, clothes, and bank rolls. Sure, I like women, nice cars and clothes, and of course money... but the culture of hip hop was never based around those things and it seems now thats what general folks think of when they hear "hip hop." Hip Hop is one of the brokest cultures that exists in this society today, just like when it started. Broke as a culture... just wealthy as a business. Everybody in Hip Hop is not in the business and shouldn't have to be in the business, in order to be "real." They shouldn't even have to rap, dance, or dj to be "hip hop" if you ask me.

Most people I hear now are just putting words down that they think other people wanna hear about, and their not getting creative at all with syllables and rhyme patterns, just metaphors... and some really corny ones on top of that. Some say they are spittin' metaphors and they are really Similes... stupid shit like that. Rap is fucking poetry man, there is so much we can do with lyrics to enhance how they are delivered to beats, but I think more rappers should read about POETRY, understand how its defined and arranged... then go write new raps. No matter what subject matter you wanna kick about... hoes, clothes, bank rolls even... just be POETIC with it so we can maintain the artistry... but thats just my opinion, and it goes out to the Underground as well as the Mainstream.

Real Hip Hop is made up of the people who live it, not the industry who pimps it. The MAJORITY of people who live Hip Hop are not on TV and are not sexin' groupies in the back of a limousine with a bottle of the best drank. Yes, SOME real hip hop folks are doin' it, but very few muffukas actually make alot of money from hip hop when you break it down. Most artists with that kind of money are really making it in various ways... fasion, movies, tv, and investing in shit outside of hip hop, even real estate.

The truth is that many of the artists that are blingin' out now, were already blinged out before their succesful rap career. Its not a secret that a bunch of successful rappers were drug dealers first, investing their money into their own rap career and being able to be around other people with money. How does a broke street thug get close to CEOs and executives of major record labels, or even start their own damn label? Man, they got folks twisted thinking that these cats actually got rich from just rapping!

Some rappers who were really broke and grindin' trying to get their music to the right folks... putting themselves in the right places... got lucky enough to be "discovered" and signed to labels, but then they are just spending their "Advance Money" on platinum teeth and cars, just to feel like they are rich. These are the cats that had no investment ideas and just start SPENDING... when Jermaine Dupri said "money ain't a thang..." he really did have the money to say it, (eventhough the IRS punked his ass big time) he's still way up in the game like Puffy where that money is real, not advance money, he'd been past that for years.

The other young cats that pop up out of nowhere every so often is who I'm speaking of... some of their money is taken to be spent on those flashy music videos that you see where they have to pay 20 chicks to dance half naked, rent automobiles they don't own, and shoot the video in homes they also do not live in. "Advance money" is a LOAN that any record label will give you when they sign you, but you owe them that money thru record sales... if your records don't sell enough to payback what they've given you then guess what... you're in debt and you lose your record deal.

Fame doesn't always equal fortune. Even Dr Dre went through this before getting Eminem signed on his label. Eventhough he had been a legend in hip hop for many years... Eminem opened up a bigger market with Dre's production, so he was able stay with the label... (or so I've heard). Otherwise, without Eminem he feels like we would've "Forgot about Dre."

Ever wondered what happened to some of your favorite groups and why they ain't making music now? They are making music somewhere, probably in their home studios... just not for a major label 'cuz some of 'em owe them money. Other groups may not owe money but their industry connections are fucked now. OF COURSE HOWEVER, others have actually gotten dropped from labels and been able to start their own shit and ride from the fame they had already. Those are the cats that plan their shit out the right way. You can depend on nobody forever, you gotta lay a foundation to support your own legwork, even when something knocks you down. The only problem with the Independent struggle is that its hard to get your music and videos around the world on major stations without a major record label. But alas, we are here... online!

Anyways, ever heard of "one hit wonders?" That's a group who sold alot of copies of 1 particular radio hit, but then their album didn't sell alot so they got dropped. Some of these groups got dropped and have to PAY BACK their label! It's pretty sad and cats don't know until AFTER they've signed some shit and spent a bunch of money that they thought was theirs.

So anyways, I just don't like hearing young unknown rappers talking about this shit like they got it locked down, 'cuz it shows how much they don't. I have alot more respect for a broke rapper who can admit he/she is broke, tells us he/she has a bullshit job, and hates gas prices while telling it to me in a poetic way... or a rich rapper who can rap about things like social problems rather than how much fucking money is in his ice grill. Don't get me wrong, I listen to some Ludacris, Paul Wall, 50 Cent and even some other commercial stuff at certain times... but I have more RESPECT for artists like Mos Def, Common, The Roots and other socially aware MC's who have gained major fame and could've talked about sexin' hoes or shooting people up just to be more popular, but they don't.

Other than that, MOST of my respect for good rhymes, is the poetic stuff within the Underground and Independent movement that exists in Hip Hop culture worldwide. Too many artists to name... they know who they are. I don't rap for money or respect first of all, so when I write I'm just thinking about how creative with syllables and rhyme structures I can get, just to amuse myself while I'm writing and reciting the rhymes. Its like the actual process of writing and recording the rhyme is what I'm doing it for, not to try and make money from it... so I don't feel like I have to talk about shit that is "popular" in order to get satisfaction from the rap. When I sell cd's, dvd's or perform for money, I consider it a blessing... but thats not the reason why I make a song, or why I want to step on stage to rock... the process of writing the rhyme is EXTREMELY important to me and thats why I think alot of MC's today aren''t saying shit... 'cuz they don't know shit. Read a book. Peace, love, and music&strength.
    -Grammer
    *Grammer posted this on his myspace group

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Sage Francis - Message Sent - Lyrics

I've got some letters inside of my drawer that should have been stamped and delivered
    One is addressed to my ex it says I'm the type of kid who can't be lived with
    One is addressed to my friends it says I'm a mess so y'all can't visit
    One is addressed to myself but I don't know what personality or hand to give it
    I'm a God damn misfit...mismatched, but never missed much
    Mr Right-time-wrong-place with a long face until our lips touch
    I don't miss the mistrust, its what got our messages mixed up
    Before I rip up your letters let us see if I can tear you away from his clutch
    This stuff's a whole other drawer from a different dresser I'm not ready to address
    I went to the west to get my mind off things and I'm already depressed
    I give up.
    Get let down.
    Down play.
    Play games.
    Put on my game face
    Face my pharmecudial needs and feed on my medicine, but I don't like the way it tastes
    I go place to place without enough money to put a bed under me
    So I share my sleeping space with rodents, insects, and dust bunnies
    I laugh at the mess I've created for myself until it gets unfunny
    But I'm content in the fact that they don't expect respect, sex, love, or trust from me
    When I'm hungry I can taste it
    I hide in the basement
    Check up on me every now and then
    Because my mood swings low...and I can feel myself going down again
    Falling off is easy. Getting put on takes a bit of ass kissing
    I'd rather listen to myself flop on the ground than hear the sound of a mattress spring
    I rap and sing and talk and write and often type with 2 fingers
    The "hunt and kill" method
    I edit one third of a word per second
    Your emails sit in my unsent box.
    If you're a girl that I miss
    You'll eventually get my virtual good bye kiss
    The rest are addressed to my friends and the subject line is "Just check this fine bitch"
    And the one for myself is untitled but...its the same virus
    My wrists get slit on your shoulder blades when I lose my grip while I hold your face
    Let it drip on your golden laced silver slip...spilling all over the place
    I'd lay my jacket over the blood puddle when we'd go on dates to prove that I'm a gentleman, peddling my bike at a slower pace
    "The sum of the parts doesn't equal the whole," she states
    Before my parents get home I'll take time to find the fragments of our
    relationship and glue back together this broken vase.
    Falling in love is easy. Falling out of love takes a bit of practice
    I'm good at both without even owning a mattress
    I never asked for a kiss without deserving one.
    If you never saw me cry before wait for the next time I wake up on the wrong side of the floor
    I've got some letters inside of my drawer that should have been sent by now
    Sealed in an envelope
    One is addressed to my ex and it says that I feel our friendship's a joke
    One is addressed to my friend and it says his ex-girlfriend's on coke
    And one is addressed to myself on a personal note
    Unopened...filled with endless quotes
    Whenever I spoke, they'd close me in and bust my lip
    Now I wear parenthesis on my temples, step to the podium and just think

Whenever lonely I shrink...hold myself...squeezing tight
    Before I sprawl out on the hardwood floor and kiss myself to sleep at night
    I have dreams of flight, but I'm not floating
    The ground is approaching awfully quick
    So I wake up screaming for you to catch me
    That's what I start every day off with
    I may talk shit, but there ain't much else to do in this prison cell
    And lucky for me no one listens well...especially when I dis myself
    I'll fly away on a pig when my living hell freezes over
    And since I'm used to the cold I'll be able to rest my head on Jesus' shoulder
    Explanations are in order for why these floor boards are always freezing
    I guess it'll all make sense once we get older and reach the Age of
    Reason
    Until then, I'll have no reason to sleep in.
    Not even on weekends
    Unless we're together, because my will power will probably weaken
    Deepen my appreciation for the current condition because I'm sick of always feeling like something is missing.
    I slumber in one position.
    Crouched up and fetal like.
    And the couch sucks cuz my feet are like...given no space to breathe while I embrace my knees
    So its off to the floor because I can't sleep anywhere else
    That's where I write these letters to all of y'all but never send 'em
    Its better to just keep to myself

Songs like this are what remind me that while there's alot of stupid shit peddled to stupid people, there are some real lyrical gems in hip hop music. Bolded is my favorite line.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sweatshop Union - The Human's Race

Code:
    Inside the place where we hide our face
    And try to fake out fate with the faith we place
    Inside a world wide race where the humans chase
    For more than what we're given

Nowadays people don't talk freely
    We walk these streets, go home
    And not be seen, we watch TV alone
    Then phone in our orders for Chinese delivery
    Closed in our quarters, so high we forget
    That we ever knew any better than this
    And now we swim in the sewage
    Together in bliss and it's a sad state of affairs
    They're making us scared to even set foot outside our own houses
    And now it's like every place I look I see
    Propaganda from the papers, to the books I read
    And they're preparing us for a staged terrorist war
    So they can centralize the power and have us scared to the core
    My parents ignored, I guess it's just too deeply imbedded in their heads
    That the truth is on TV, So breathe deep and be free of all this
    Civilized society or whatever you call it

Sometimes I get lost in my trips through escapism
    Vision of a world free from greed, war, racism
    And isn't it a gift how I'm free inside
    They can steal a child's mind but never rob him of his light
    And some nights we all fall asleep feeling like hypocrites
    Say you changed the world but only talked a bit of shit
    We all quit on ourselves from one point or another
    Suffer bouts with self doubt as we try to recover
    But it all starts from thought and talk which leads to action
    How far can we be pushed, till we respond with reaction?
    For now I turn my back and all I wanna leave behind
    This peace of mind is an illusion of the freedom I can't find

The freedom, the freedom, the freedom I can't find
    The freedom I can't find, the freedom I can't find

In a world wide race where the humans chase
    And try to take things from the living

Why yes, Just watch who you playing
    It ain't me in a way, where the odds are on my side
    *Count em up* one three five
    It ain't beyond a day
    I can't even find my mind, *help me out*
    Be my guide
    It ain't beyond a day
    I got no one to blame, I got nothing but shame
    And it's a rainy day, I need sunshine
    But I'm just one blind man
    Nothing left to see and nothing left to say
    But nothing left to hear and nothing left to jade
    And nothing left me yesterday because I had nothing left to say
    Nothing, done up and went away
    When the same pain became insane
    Picture in the picture frame
    You big bitch to plain
    Kiss your brain, this love game
    Your history maintains loves smile remains

I'll take a leave of absence
    With a sleeve of Abstinthe
    5 grams of magic mushrooms
    And I'll see what happens
    And if you need me
    I won't be reached
    I'll be relaxing
    With my feet up
    Send a postcard
    I'll read the caption
    I don't need distractions
    Coffee, weed or aspirin
    Just open minds and open hearts
    So come see us rapping
    And when I'm done doing my thing
    I won't be a has been
    I'll just be done doing my thing
    With my seat relaxing

And on the day I die
    I can say I tried to save my tribe
    Please don't cry
    Away I fly where I can play by my rules
    And take my time, reach those skies
    And on the day I die
    I can say I tried to save my tribe
    Please don't cry
    Away I fly where I can play by my rules
    And take my time, reach those skies

In a world wide race where the humans chase
    And try to take things from the living
    Never gonna hear them played on the radio though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Underground rap only for me please, lucky for me I live in minneapolis.