BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dynamis Tavnazia farming paths / time extentions

[Lordwafik edit : I have split this section off the original topic, and seperated it into it's own topic since the information is too good to be lost ]

Tavnazia (-1 only)
    Hornet (2nd floor, legs): BLM, RDM, WAR
    Hornet (3rd floor, body):

Taurus: All Hydra equipment

Updated with last 2 posts and our Tavnazia tonight.

And some info for the Maxxes or any Tav-interested alliances out there:

We got the ??? on the 2nd floor to pop tonight for an extra 30min. (Our last few runs were focused on killing Diabolos cards) The only problem we had was the amount of repops kinda ate up the time we gained. The 3rd floor is where people will want to spend the most of their time, so for people who don't want to do anything more than needed on the 2nd floor, I'm 90% sure you just need to kill the 2 Hornet pulls, the moving eye pull in front of that door, the moving eye pull in front of the AH and the stationary eye in the connecting hallway but on the AH side to pop the ???. (Any uncertainty lies in killing the stationary eye against the wall by the AH, which we killed tonight for safety) Once you see it's up, send everyone else to the middle of the map and have one person hit the ???. If he/she dies, HP and re-enter, if aggro is avoided, drop glass and re-enter. Even worst case scenario, someone HPing is worth 35 more min on the 3rd floor. If done properly and you killed quickly beforehand, you can have at least 45-50min (probably about an hour or more with practice) to farm the 3rd floor.

I just set my HP in Tav and warp. The eye that spawns at the ???'s spot doesn't seem to repop like the others--at least not right away--so you should have time to get out.

Edit: Also from your post it sounds like you didn't know you can actually get 2 ???s for 2 full hours in the zone.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well the thing about the 3rd floor ???.. is we've never got it to pop, killing all eyes on the Prishe-side too. Do you kill eyes on the elder-side?

And since you seem to know with greater precision what actually pops the 2nd floor ???, did I mention anything unnecessary and therefore not as effecient for farming? Thanks in advance.

Our last Tav a few weeks ago, we unlocked subjobs, farmed the hornets and hydra eyes on the 2nd floor south pathway to trigger eye, killed it and its pops and got the 30 min ??? extension. Went up the 3rd floor, killed the hornets, the eye just beyond the hornets, and the first eye on the ramp (Kindred area seems to have 2 more eyes on each side than Hydra area), then tried to pull the eye that pops the ???, but linked it to the eye at the top of the ramp with a wide wandering path, so our puller sacced to Sealion's Den while the rest of the alliance killed it, and I triggered the ??? for the last 30 min, then we went and attempted the Diaboloses (popped 3 orz).

Edit: Sorry, you added to your post while I was composing this. You definitely don't need to clear all the eyes, you may even only need to kill the one trigger eye; the ??? always pops below the starting place of that eye (second floor for reference, but it's symmetrical):

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4566/img0049du7.jpg

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hrm.. ok so.. on the 2nd floor, are any of these blacks unnecessary in popping the extension from what you've noticed (in either actually making it pop or needed to be killed to avoid a bad link)? Or are any of the red necessary? I'm not gonna claim to be good at making these, but this is rough what I sketched up in a few min.

Basically the blue dots are Nightmare Hornets, the black dots are the eyes you need to kill and/or get out of the way to pop the ???, the green dot. The red dots are unnecessary eyes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...a/2ndFloor.jpg

Edit: And one for the 3rd, again we take the left tunnel, but we've never actually got this ???, so these are rough guesses, and I think that eye location is ok. (for moving eyes I tried to just approximation the middle of their path) Only the one near Justinius, Prishe's door, and the ??? are stationary I think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...a/3rdFloor.jpg

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

When you hit the ??? on the 3rd floor while your puller was running links down to Sealion's Den, I take it the ??? popped as soon as the eye died?

(Sorry to derail the drops with DynTav strats/info, but I'd hope it's interesting to others as well)

It's easier for me to explain using my own maps I made for our Dynamis LS lol, I hope you don't mind.

2nd Floor
    http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6234/tavhydraok0.jpg

3rd Floor
    http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5217/tavkindredlg4.jpg

Every time we've farmed, we've taken the south path on each floor. We've cleared the hornets, though I don't know if that's required.

On the 3rd floor, the fewest we've killed is 2 sets of hornets > KS1 and its pops > KS3 and its pops > pulled KS6 (linked KS4 so puller trained KS6's pops, KS4, and KS4's pops to Sealion's Den while our alliance killed KS6, whereupon I popped the ??? as I described above). My guess is that the eye itself is all you need to pop the ???, or possibly H/K S/N 1 as well, maybe the hornets too. Also, based on the placement of the ???, it seems as though you could do all the farming on a single floor should you choose (e.g. Hydra North Side > ??? > Hydra South Side >> ??? Hydra Repops), though we've not attempted that yet.

Edit: And yes, the ??? pops when the corresponding eye dies.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh okay I see.. you took the path we didn't on the 3rd floor. And no, your maps are way better and easier to see. Thanks for good info on that last 30min.

And yeah, if you can get the 2F's ??? fast and get up to the 3rd floor, you could probably aim clear it completely twice with practice, once before the last ??? and once after. We just need to work on the fastest, most effecient way to the Hydra's ??? and get out. We'll kill all 4 sets of hornets (2 on each floor for safety in case they're involved and for slim -1 chances) next time, but try to skip unnecessary eyes.

Oh what I meant was, based on the position of the ??? (it pops below where the eye was, not right in the middle as you can see from my screenshot), you may not need to even farm the 2nd floor at all, you might be able to farm the south side of the 3rd floor, then the north side, getting both ???s in the process. However, we haven't attempted that yet, so it's just a prediction on my part. You definitely don't need to have triggered the 2nd floor ??? to pop the 3rd floor. The first run where we ever got the time extensions, it was on the 3rd floor, but I popped it too early and we linked bees and wiped, so we didn't get to the 2nd floor one in time.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh.. then that would rule out the 2nd floor being required for the 3rd floor. See I was going to guess initially since tonight was the first time we got the 2nd floor ???, even though I know one time we killed that eye in the same location on the 3rd floor like 2 runs ago. I didn't notice a ???, maybe I missed it, or maybe some unkilled hornet played a part in it. It was after we killed Diabolos Heart for title/key item, we ran up to quickly suicide those eyes but never got a ???. ;/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'd imagine there would be the same kinda link risk pulling HS4 without killing HS2 first, but HS3 can be ignored entirely. So for 2nd floor, go Hornet > Hornet > HS1 > HS2 > HS4 > ???, for the best route you think? One person re-enters and meets the alliance on 3rd floor then Hornet > Hornet > KS1 > KS3 > KS4 > KS6 > check for ???. If it's up then, clear out everything you can on the 3rd floor until time gets low, then hit the ??? and spend the extra 30min rekilling the freshly popped KS1-6.

That is, until you prove or disprove your double ??? on a single floor theory.

Good luck and no mistakes/wipes could probably get 4-5 Hydra pieces and some random Xarca AF2 in a single run.

Yeah, I doubt it makes a difference north or south side to be honest; as you said you probably left a hornet up or some other unknown factor when you tried the north side. However, if it's Hydra gear you're after, south is better anyway because KS3 pops 3 Tauruses. Having looked at the .dats, I think repops might have different enemy combinations than the origional eyes, though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We killed HS1-3 tonight and again all 3 on repops, and yes the mobs that spawned in each pull varied a bit from original pop to repop.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Very hot info, thanks :D I'm gonna use this when my LS starts farming tav, we still havent done an official run (doing catch ups at the moment so we can have 18 in a city, 18 in tav) but after we down diabolos it'd be nice to have this place all to ourselves to farm

Ok, we did Tav again tonight and I had miss-judged the position of the ??? before. It does pop in the middle of the hallway, between the two eyes. However, it despawns when popped, so I'm still going to hold to my theory that it could be popped twice on the same floor. Tonight we farmed Kindred > Hydra > Hydra repops. It appears that the eyes repop in the same configuration as the origional, except that the ??? eye repops between the two hornets instead.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Which hallway, we looked for it and didnt see it, went all the way to AH from the Nomad Moogle side.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Ok, we did Tav again tonight and I had miss-judged the position of the ??? before. It does pop in the middle of the hallway, between the two eyes. However, it despawns when popped, so I'm still going to hold to my theory that it could be popped twice on the same floor. Tonight we farmed Kindred > Hydra > Hydra repops. It appears that the eyes repop in the same configuration as the origional, except that the ??? eye repops between the two hornets instead.
    you mean clicked?

hmm, the SJ ??? in bubu and qufim disappear too after you click them right? i never paid attention

and thx for this great info :D

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Split post, this topic is now about Farming dyna-tav

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Anyone ever have decent drops when doing these runs? Doesn't look like there are a whole lot of mobs because the area is so small. Then again, it could be my poor perception.....

There's enough mobs here to where even if you picked one type (Kindred/Taurus, Hydra, or non-Taurus Nightmare) you could spend the entire 2 hours killing just that type without running out, or running out very close to the end anyway.