Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Finally got AF2 hands last night!! Along with those I merited up axe to lvl4, once I find a parser that works properly I'll go meripo again and show the results. I'm really excited to see the funguars performance with 3/3 Affinity and AF2 gloves.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yes plz post parser results!

Edit: Waffik, just get one of those bards and you are 90% to a merit party..

Old Merits
    BG Level

Gear and upgrades in the next month or two:

Main: Ogre Killer --> Guttler
    Sub: Temperance
    Head: W. Turban or Wyvern Helm (Wyvern helm looks cool )
    Body: Byrnie --> Byrnei +1
    Hands: Saphari --> Dusk (maybe someday Dusk +1)
    Feet: Ogre --> Dusk (maybe someday Dusk +1)
    Waist: Warwolf/swordbelt/lifebelt --> Speed or Swift Belt
    Rings: Rajas/Gal. --> Rajas/Flame
    Neck: RK --> Chiv. Torque
    Legs: Saphari --> Barb. Zehrens
    Earrings: Brutal/Assault

I use sushi or meat with this setup depending if I am soloing or not.

For ws I switch in 4/5 heca, everything but legs.

Meat build might be better but I like the look of my gear Still, final haste/attack/sushi build and acc/meat build terminate around the same damage per unit delay per tp cycle for bst anyway. It's a different story though for monk, thief, and war due to A+ skill, SA, and agressor.

you should get Temperance torque, swift belt rest seems ok for TP.

ninja edit: You all need to get suppanomimi if your subbing nin and using two weaps <,<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

...if only I had not chosen Abyssal... actually i'd probably do beastly over suppa if your strictly going bst...

edit: yeah temp torque ftw on tping... still working on that piece myself.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn
    ...if only I had not chosen Abyssal... actually i'd probably do beastly over suppa if your strictly going bst...
    I chose beastly over suppa... way way way back when it was rare to see earrings. I've regretted it. Unless you go /war, +5ish atk/acc is not gonna outdo then 5% dual wield reduction.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I picked up abyssal back in early 04. No one except nin's and people that wanted to level nin picked up anything else. War's still used GA in exp back then and merits didn't exist.

As far as temp goes, I'd like it, but I'd probably keep on using chiv. Most builds I've looked at 3 str is minutely better than 7 attack. I work under the principal of 3 attack per unit str to decide on gear.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

My BST gear lately

Apollo Staff
    Holy Ampulla
    O-hat
    PCC
    Spike
    Spike
    Noble's Tunic
    WHM AF hands
    Sniper
    Sniper
    Jester Cape +1
    Life Belt
    WHM Pants
    Cleric Shoes

Oh... lol Ding 74WHM/37BST!

I've seen whms get from 40-75 solo lol, should prolly start exping in pts now tho tends to be better exp most of the time

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah my playtime on WHM is really limited (I am mostly 75BRD).

So i throw on my ACC gear and head out to Mt Z and fool around w/ crawlers vs fishes. Level my staff (Capped at 73) and club (also capped @ 73). Chain 3 while skilling up by myself = pwn

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Bst seems to have this grey area between focusing on acc or atk in your gear and deciding to use meat or sushi at the same time. ;o

I just sold my dusk gloves because I got homam hands for my drg recently, and was sick of the slower movement speed (even with macro swaps). But I have tarasque+1 still. I don't have any adaman tho. I've not tried bst in a merit pt recently, but I seem to recall going bst/nin once a long time ago on statues maybe, and missing a lot with meat, or hitting more but for less with sushi (bad idea with pet getting bound too). Obviously that's the idea, but it seemed more pronounced. If you have a bard doing minuets then it makes it easier to compensate for weaker side, i.e. acc. I suspect that bst/war is probably worth considering, but the combination of maneater/temperance is really nice, and with virtue stones and brutal, I'm sure it can get close just because of swings over time.

I don't have a turban, I hate how it looks on me. ;x So I'd just stick with opti/heca hat. Even then opti is quite ugly too. I'd give in if I was serious about more haste. Sadly I also don't have a suppanomimi. I hit 75 around July 2004, and had no idea about anything really. Beastly earring seemed good because it was going to save the cost of a 2nd melody +1, which were expensive at the time, and with how prices were back then it was a small fortune. Plus it had other bonuses. I never thought about lvling *another* job, so didn't occur to me to be more cautious. I'm not too bothered anyway, I don't use /nin all that much.

Anyway, it's fun pretending to be a war/nin, without having to go 75 lvls of more exping. ;]

Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    I don't have a turban, I hate how it looks on me. ;x So I'd just stick with opti/heca hat. Even then opti is quite ugly too.
    You care about how you look on BST too! I love the look of Hauberk + Bison leggings. Business and comfort all at the same time!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man, unless i'm missing something that they've added in a recent patch, bst just suck when it comes to end game and I'm being very open minded about it.

You're only useful in a handful of situations (if not less!). It seems that this thread needs to be renamed after something that focuses on gear rather than end game.

Bst end game was tiamat and mpking gilsellers and SE has taken that pretty much away :/

Old Merits
    BG Level

Beast end game is dependent upon your usual party make up and content. Generally beast utility is at it's highest for small PT's or with other pet jobs (excluding drg).

I have found both bst/nin and bst/whm to provide a high degree of utility for most events. Even just sticking CC on JoL adds some nice dot without any need to worry about healling or hate issues (40-60 dmg/hit @ 50% acc).

BST can fill any generic DD position in sky and sea, they also have access to temperance axe which has a 50% double attack rate. The only big downside is that both mistral and decimation are fusion for level 3, so skill chains usually break down to Gekko > smash axe or something like that, which isn't that bad with the stun effect. Pets also have un-resisted damage, in that they never hit for zero except under very specific circumstances such as invincible.

Small group dynamis is also a great place for a bst. A bst/nin or bst/thief with powder boots can remove almost any need to suicide pull for smaller groups.

Beast only does poorly for events that require mana burn. So events such as ouryu and bahamut V2 would sorta suck.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If I get to come as BST to an event, it's almost always add control, or the one or two times the 5 BRDs in the LS want to come as BRD. Then I am just another random DD to throw at X monster.

The thing I LOVE about BST is I don't have to whine in LS chat for help on 80% of things I want to get done.. KS farming / farming / skill up / helping nub friends etc.. because in most cases, I am my own tank / dd / healer / refresher

Now if I could just get the time to break my Scythe of Trials.... Then my "/p I'm an EMO DRK!!11!!11!!1!111 {Spiral Hell}" macro will actually be funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Fng
    The thing I LOVE about BST is I don't have to whine in LS chat for help on 80% of things I want to get done.. KS farming / farming / skill up / helping nub friends etc.. because in most cases, I am my own tank / dd / healer / refresher
    Amen to this.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Amen to this.
    How do you refresh yourself again? :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    Amen to this.
    Yag drinks plus who needs refresh when you can rest while the pet does the work.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Amen to this.
    Yag drinks plus who needs refresh when you can rest while the pet does the work.
    Plus Gaudy Harness and Sanction Refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Amen to this.
    Or put on a guady harness for 49 MP! and everything max said.

Early leveling bst, fighting things with lots of AoE (upper dekfults, sky pots) most of the fights would be, 1 pet > Attack .... /heal on > /heal off > Buff... leave, 2nd pet > attack + engage > leave + WS + win!