BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Apoc Nigh Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quick Apoc Nigh Question

In about an hour, I'm being asked to kite Kam'lanut as RDM while they kill the midget. How susceptible to Grav & Bind is he in this fight? Secondly, does his Light Blade go through shadows?

(I used search, didn't turn up anything useful).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: Quick Apoc Nigh Question

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    does his Light Blade go through shadows?
    Not Utsusemi shadows no

Ashira

Dunno about the Grav and Bind, I went with a BRD who swears he lullabyed him, and that another BRD did as well... then of course on our run he got resisted. Heh.

Honestly, ideally, you should kill the little guy so fast it shouldn't really be an issue. I just remember this going by so fast I didn't really know what happened; but I also went in with a crazy suicidal SAM who finished off Eald'narche in about 4 seconds.

Did that BC 3 months ago and apparently we still had the record for it last week, which I found out when someone asked if I had been in that group. Damn update.

Get your tank to kite him, and you should sub DRK for chainspell stun.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    Get your tank to kite him, and you should sub DRK for chainspell stun.
    Yeah, we're tailing that on the end of an Ultima run, so my CS Stun won't be available. They want to bring along another RDM for that while I kite the big guy. Trying to figure out how well that will work.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does this fight take less time than the bahamut 1 fight? I totally over analyzed bahamut 1, planned it for like a month, and it was over in like 5 minutes ......... ; ;

I understand the basic strategy of kite man, zerg kid

but my group is doing this bc in like a month after we do some sliver farming. 2nd generic question, ninja or pld to kite man, or is it a matter of who cares, since the boy will be dead so fast.

thanks, first time poster, dont hate. ^^

Well, I'm not too sure if gravity sticks on him... But, that really shouldn't matter for the following reason:

If he has the time to get through 7 shadows, phalanx, stoneskin, AND manage to take your health down to zero before your melees have managed to kill the Eald, you've already lost. Chances are, the -gas will have gotten to them by then.

Edit: (To the above poster) Where did you find that avatar? That one was created by Kaahi like, two years ago, which is around the same time she quit FFXI. o.o

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

On my first and winning run we had a rdm/nin kite him, wore max HP gear and had Crimson Cuisses, worked out well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku
    Well, I'm not too sure if gravity sticks on him... But, that really shouldn't matter for the following reason:

If he has the time to get through 7 shadows, phalanx, stoneskin, AND manage to take your health down to zero before your melees have managed to kill the Eald, you've already lost. Chances are, the -gas will have gotten to them by then.

Edit: (To the above poster) Where did you find that avatar? That one was created by Kaahi like, two years ago, which is around the same time she quit FFXI. o.o
    6 =p

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

No, gravity or bind doesn't stick on either of them.

Have your mages dedicate their erases to one DD while using their 2hrs on the kid. If your MNK or WAR gets bound with Eldn'arche zipping about then their 2hr is totally wasted; not fun.

Keep up some useless buffs (bar-spells etc) to prevent Erasega from taking away your RR.

I recomend zombieing this fight after you get the kid dead. Just die towards the southern edge of the battlefield, RR up, and you can take down Kaml'anut in just a few minutes. This is a good strategy if someone gets chewed up killing Eldn'arche and since Kam likes to spam Great Wheel three times in a row he can easily take down a melee that's not prepared.

This is a tough fight, don't underestimate it. However, like Promathia, there's a big element of luck and you can just get straight-up destroyed if the BC decided to not like you

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks for the help. We beat it first time.

I was able to kite pretty easily as RDM/NIN, Paralyze II and Slow II made that much easier -- they both stuck no problem.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Thanks for the help. We beat it first time.

I was able to kite pretty easily as RDM/NIN, Paralyze II and Slow II made that much easier -- they both stuck no problem.
    Grats. What was your pt setup? All the times I've done this BC we've had, let's say, less than optimal setups. First win was Pld/War, Pld/Nin, Whm/Blm, Mnk/Nin, Mnk/Nin, Rdm/Whm (yeah that's right, 2xPLD ftw)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur
    Grats. What was your pt setup? All the times I've done this BC we've had, let's say, less than optimal setups. First win was Pld/War, Pld/Nin, Whm/Blm, Mnk/Nin, Mnk/Nin, Rdm/Whm (yeah that's right, 2xPLD ftw)
    We had 11 people, so we did it twice with me (RDM/NIN) as the repeat.

First time: THF/NIN, NIN/WAR, RDM/DRK, RDM/NIN, BLM/WHM and SMN/WHM.

Not a lot of damage output or status removal, but won with 3 Weakened.

Second time: NIN/WAR, WAR/NIN, SAM/THF, RDM/NIN, SMN/WHM and WHM/BLM.

Had no stunner the second time, so we zombied it and died after the midget died. Rest & healed up, the big guy opened with 3 consecutive Great Wheels, which took our two DD from full to dead. We scrambled through it (a lot of bouncing hate around between NIN and myself via Cure IV's) and survived with 2 dead, 2 weakend and two others.

The fights were tough but fun, the most fun I've had in FFXI in quite some time.

kited it on blm/nin without gaiters, can't be that tough... I don't remember well though, been long time. Stun and Sleep for hate, and kid dies so fast your group should be already attacking yours after Ni > Ni.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

First run I tried I kited as BRD/NIN. Honestly, Utsu is wasted on him. He will be spamming AoE enfeebls half the time you're kiting and if you're wasting time trying to get shadows up you'll just have him catch up to you.

If you as the RDM are going to be kiting it's probably in your best interest to /WAR. Defender will do you more good than Utsu will. However, it's great to have a RDM/DRK for Kam after you zerg Eald. You could probably just go RDM/DRK to kite and use a Stun here and there to gain distance. Then Chainstun Kam once he's out of the way and zerg him all the same.

Utsu is useless for anyone against Kam. He will knock shadows down faster than you can possibly cast them. It's probably best to use a PLD tank (or in my case BRD/WAR 900 Def ftw) and have everyone who can DD do so. He resets hate often so make sure your tank is ready to throw something at him to keep him occupied and away from the mages.

The fights were tough but fun, the most fun I've had in FFXI in quite some time.
    Yeah I think SE got the difficulty on that BC spot on. I'd love to do it again on my monk, I felt like such a leech on blm.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble
    Utsu is useless for anyone against Kam. He will knock shadows down faster than you can possibly cast them. It's probably best to use a PLD tank (or in my case BRD/WAR 900 Def ftw) and have everyone who can DD do so. He resets hate often so make sure your tank is ready to throw something at him to keep him occupied and away from the mages.
    Utsu worked OK for me, although the -aga spells did kill shadows a lot. They certainly did help me put Stoneskin back up when he knocked it down, though. Since there is a combination of -aga spells and physical attack, any decent kiter should be able to do the job. I didn't have much trouble as RDM/NIN (no W.Legs for me), but I could've done the job with probably any reasonable sub as well. I'm sure someone who could evade his attacks or just stand there and take them would work fine too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Bringing back dead thread from new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble
    I'll agree on the shadows point. I did this recently as /NIN and the kiter and it's not easy. On a rather sketchy run I was able to hold off Kamlanut during the second phase for quite some time /WAR and shield blocking quite frequently. Light Blade is the only downside of using PLD/WAR but as it's a hate reset as long as you have a Provoke or Flash available you can pull it back quickly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I was in the OP's group and I tanked Kam for about 50% of the fight as THF/NIN. Tank (NIN) ate some crazy round of attacks and fell, then it bounced around from BLM's to me throughout the rest of the fight. Anyways he does attack fast, but he also missed a lot. I did have to p.dodge because he silenced me and I forgot echo's -.- but after we had that under control is was really easy.

And yeah it helps when it bounces around, but I had hate for significant portions of time just from melee attacks, then a BLM would grab it with T4 and I'd get it back before they died. I really don't see why a NIN couldn't tank this, I think our NIN just forgot echo's and ended up silenced without a chance in the world to survive. In the end it was a rather smooth run, I think only 2 people died.