+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 vs Wii vs PS3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

360 vs Wii vs PS3

After getting a much needed raise at work, it looks like I can finally look realistically at getting one of the new systems, so the question is which?

Now, I know this is asking a loaded question... and debates could go down alot of different roads (like comparative specs, game support etc). I've done a bit of research on my own, but I was just curious to get a gauge of what fellow BG forum-whores thought when comparing the systems/ prospects heads up.

browse the forums for a week, and you should get most opinions.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Me answer: Wii

Calm answer: Which ever system has the games you like to play.

PS. I hope Sony burns.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

PS3 looks untouchable for a casual gamer for quite a while. As for Wii vs Xbox2 it just depends on what you like more. Though Xbox2 is already out and easier to gauge if you'd like it.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'm getting a wii because it has a remote and the PS3 is out of my pocketbook's reach. I don't like the XBox game selection all too well so yeah

Honestly just whatever system has the games you play more of/like better >_>

Groovebox

My first choice would be Wii because it's cheap(ish) and new.

My second choice is 360, only because the selection of games it will have. PC is the best gaming platform, and every game made for PC is made for windows - and any game made for windows and uses DirectX (all of them do lol) - it's a fairly painless process to port them over to 360... or even program a game for windows/360. I think with Vista and Zune coming, 360 is going to be right in the middle of it all.

PS3 - Besides FF13, I could care less about BluRay or any of the other audio and videophile orgasm-inducing features of this overpriced beta player.

It really is just about which games you like to play. I used to think PS3 was utterly doomed, but now I'm not so sure. I think it may break even or so, or at least not be completely annhilated. I'd recommend the Wii for anyone really, no matter what your taste is in games, there should be SOMETHING that you can enjoy on the Wii. Even if you've never been a big fan of Nintendo's flag ships, the wiimote should guarantee some fun.

Im getting Ps3 for sure, and Wii. I have no incentives to get 360 yet

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by LAGUNA
    Im getting Ps3 for sure, and Wii. I have no incentives to get 360 yet
    360 looks tempting with Gears of War :/

Any game that I would want for the PS3 dosn't come out for another year or so, so until that price drops screw it. Hopefully getting Wii ASAP and already have a 360.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

i love the games comming out for ps3, and if i could afford it at launch i'd have preordered it.

There is only one game i want to play for wii that'll be out in 06, and the other i want wont be out probably till spring or summer.

i have a 360, and i dont play it much. I like one or 2 games for it, but im really just waiting for gears of war.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Wii = Light Saber = Win

I have a PC already so I don't need an Xbox

PS3 is too fucking much but I love Sony (at least until now) so I'll consider it when it's like $300 or less.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I will get a Wii for sure, I will want to play the usual Nintendo 1st party titles of course and it not costing too much helps.

PS3 maybe when FF13 or White Knight comes out or some other game I feel I need to get... still it is damn expensive.

Xbox360 when Gears of War comes out I will be tempted, same with Blue Dragon and Lost Oddyssey. Damn MS for buying Mistwalker exclusivity.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Wii = Light Saber = Win

I have a PC already so I don't need an Xbox

PS3 is too fucking much but I love Sony (at least until now) so I'll consider it when it's like $300 or less.
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?pro ... d=B020245U

I doubt it will ever go that low ;x look @ ps2 price $150 STILL, it was originally $300 dollars. So even if the price went down 1/2 you would still pay at least $350. And thats after quite awhile.... I bet the lowest it really gets is $400.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah I know, and unless they have some hot-shit PS3-onry games then I'll never get one... I know the graphics are insane (i've seen incredible previews) but idk...going to take alot to get me to spend that much.

You're paying for Blu-Ray, and I don't want Blu-Ray...that's the crux of it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If I had 0 systems... I'd buy a PS2 and stock up on so many good games. Followed by a cube or xbox. Definetly buy a DS as well if you like fun.

For the "next gen" consoles, I'm extremely excited about the Wii. Games have been feeling pretty stagnat lately and I'm hoping this will shake things up. I initially thought the DS stylus was gimmicky but its my most played system outside of FFXI by far. The same should hold true with the Wii, I'd like to play more innovative games.

I already own a 360 and if it wasn't for the fact that I got $100 off of it, I'd probably not buy it at full price. So far I'm a huge fan of Dead Rising and some of the other games are fun like Ghost Recon and Project Gotham but nothing that in my opinion sells systems. I just purchased the new Splinter Cell and preorded Gears of War so we will see. The upcoming JRPGs, BioShock, Assassin's Creed all look excellent as well. The 360 is most fun with online multiplayer though, especially with friends. Co-op play feels like its making a return on the 360.

PS3, uh yeah, without getting into another rehashed debate, I won't be picking up. I buy alot of games, as in this month 3 Xbox 360 games (prepaid or bought), about 6 DS games and 2 PS2 games, not to even mention the 3 Wii Preorders. With all this... I still don't think that the PS3 is worth the asking price for the system. I'm not a fan of the gameplay of Metal Gear (and I love stealth games, and yes I finished most of them). I'm even less of a fan of Sony PR. Maybe in the far future if the PS3 has a number of exclusives that I can't resist (DMC4 wrryyy), I'll reconsider it again.

Xavier

Essientally, you can buy a Wii and 360 for the same price as a PS3 after all is said and done, and play all the Nintendo + Wii games, and then play all the ports of the PS3 games when they find their way to the 360 anyway like they did with the PS2 and Xbox.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This answer changes over the next year. Basically with the number of units Sony has commited to, unless you're obsessive and rich, PS3 is out of your reach. But when all the BlueRay lasers are easily manufactured and they get cheaper, the system will be more readily available and cheaper. So...

Within the next 6 months:
    If you want to play HD: XB360
    If you want to play interactive games: Wii
    If you want to prove you have nothing better to do than camp out at your local Best Buy for 24h just to get a $600+ game console with a small game library which was designed for the system: PS3

By April 2007 it should be no problem finding PS3s then you can really decide based on the games which is best for you. FFXI was my game of choice, so I picked up a 360 when I heard that they wouldn't be making a PS3 version. I probably will get a PS3 when the first FF come out for it if it's exclusive to PS3 and not on XB360. I'm probably gonna grab a Wii just for Smash Brothers. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Essientally, you can buy a Wii and 360 for the same price as a PS3 after all is said and done, and play all the Nintendo + Wii games, and then play all the ports of the PS3 games when they find their way to the 360 anyway like they did with the PS2 and Xbox.
    If the PS3 doesn't outsell the xbox360/wii by 2:1 at least, expect the games to be built on xbox360/wii first and be ported to the ps3 later. Seriously, it's so much easier to develop for those 2 systems--xbox especially.

On one game I was a part of, the official line was to treat the ps2 like royalty: design for that hardware first, and then do whatever to get the game working on the others. However, the reality of the situation was that we all had xbox dev or debug kits at our desk and 99% of the time we were compiling the xbox SKU at our desk and then testing it on PS2 later because that was the fastest/easiest way to work. Is it any wonder that the best SKU of that game ended up being the xbox?

It all depends ont he types of games you like to play.

If you like RPG's get a PS3: They already started there RPG assualt with White Knight Story, and Sony is making PS1 games downloadable.

You get a 360 if you like 1st person shooters.

You get a Wii if you like Zelda and 31 flavors of Mario, as he plays in every sport imaginable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast