Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sergeant Major Assaults     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sergeant Major Assaults

Ilrusi

Pretty simple one. There is an npc who is looking for a ring. The mobs around the area are easily soloable (I killed a few kraken as 75 nin). The ???s around the area enable the NPC to give you hints to where the ring is. One hint will tell you who is closest to the ring, while the other one will tell you which direction it is. To find the ring the npc has to be standing on top of the exact location, and when you talk to her, a ??? will pop.

Leujaoam Sanctum

This one is really fun. Sadly we lost because we had no idea what to do, but it was still fun. When you start out, the immortal npc will give you a special power, but will also give you a huge disadvantage along with it.

We got optical grafts (which I assume gave us a huge accuracy boost), but we got our attack cut in half. You have to find 3 lamia, they are together. They aggro and link by sight. Prosector is blm (you want to kill this one first), Bowyer is rng, and whatever the last one was something else. I don't remember. The mobs are pretty easy but they take a while to kill. Also, they were very difficult to sleep. Our blm managed to sleep one once without elemental seal, and our bard got resisted every time.

After you kill those 3, you get your next power/weakness. The second one was a huge attack boost (75 nin, my attack was around 950), but a very detrimental slow effect. Utsusemi: Ni recast time was almost a minute and a half, not to mention the major reduction in attack speed. From what I remember you only had to kill 2 mobs with this power.

After those mobs are dead, you get raptor grafts, making you run faster than flee speed consistantly. The weakness is your hp gets cut in half. The blm said he had chainspell. Unfortunately this didn't really help us because there were no mobs to fight. This part was sort of bugged. At some point, the npc just started giving us the same power bonus over and over, maybe 3 times. Then after a few seconds, she gave us our next power. We didn't even fight anything.

I'm not quite certain what the next power boost was. I believe it was a magic attack boost bonus, with MP -50% penalty. At this point we only had 5 minutes left so we assumed after we killed the last 3 mobs it was over. Unfortunately, after we found the mobs and got everyone there, we only had 1-2 minutes left so we killed off the last 3 really fast, hoping it would end, but she gave us another power again. I think it was the attack boost power, but I don't recall since we got kicked out of it soon afterwards. Someone in my group said that it mentioned something about the 3 we killed being the last group, but we still ended up losing.

All in all, it was probably the most fun assault out of all the ones so far, but I'm not sure if it's bugged since we didn't have time to win or anything.

Leujaoam Sanctum
    Azure Experiments
    Objective: Become a test subject

Wow.. It is by far the most difficult kill mission i have encounted yet. Thats basically all it is. The buff/debuff you get is completely random and we got them in a different order than you did.

The location of the next set of monsters to spawn is random as well, so you waste a lot of time running around looking. We killed 4 sets and won with 30 seconds to spare. The rune of release appeared the moment we killed the last mob. A little luck is involved in how often you get the raptor graft which is the best one.

The worst one is the Gobbue graft... its like a 200% slow and we got it on the last set and we almost lost because of it. I do not think this is one that will ever be defeated by a group of 3 unless someone figures a trick to it. We had 5 and a 6th would of made it a lot easier.

1200 points first time/no band for 5.

Mamool Ja Training Grounds
    Blitzkrieg
    Objective: Annihilate the enemy

HAHAHA AWESOME!!! BEST FUCKING ASSAULT EVER.

You have to kill 200 mobs in 30 min. You get temporary items as you kill stuff that can boost your max hp or mp and tons of potions and elixits and stuff. You really can't loose this, this mission is total fun and slaughter.

You don't even have to chase after the mobs.. just go find a nice spot to camp and after a few seconds all 200 of them will aggro and rush you like the flood in halo.

I tried to be smart and counterstance the horde of mobs.. SE must of thought ahead on that one because instead of taking 15-20 damage a hit I started taking 200-500 damage...

Only 799 points for 5 first time/no band.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3...0108vu9.th.png

Lebros Cavern
    Wamoura Farm Raid
    Objective: Remove the threat.

Just a bunch of baby Wamouracampas that con low evasion when I wear full strength gear with meat. Than you fight some big flying Wamouras near the north. Normal TP moves apply. This isn't that hard on the surface, but you have a lot of ground to cover in a short period of time.

1399 points first time/no band with 5.

You think eventually you would get good items from appraiser.. bronze leggings +1, spark spear, and imperial tea leaves ftl.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Mamool Ja Training Grounds
    Blitzkrieg
    Objective: Annihilate the enemy

HAHAHA AWESOME!!! BEST FUCKING ASSAULT EVER.

You have to kill 200 mobs in 30 min. You get temporary items as you kill stuff that can boost your max hp or mp and tons of potions and elixits and stuff. You really can't loose this, this mission is total fun and slaughter.

You don't even have to chase after the mobs.. just go find a nice spot to camp and all 200 of them will aggro and rush you like the flood in halo.
    fuck yeah, that sounds cool
    do you get exp from them?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wow I wanna finish up Sergeant just for that.

They are even match mobs, but you don't get any exp for killing them.

How much max hp did the 200 mobs have? AOE ws kill them in 1 hit?

Ya.. Spinning attack always killed a bunch at a time.. It is just hard to engage a mob and not kill it before you get the weaponskill off.

Notice my crit hit as a monk for 522 damage?

The mobs seem to take 3x normal damage.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

They are even match mobs, but you don't get any exp for killing them.
    if you got exp I would say greatest assault ever but since you dont, I shall call it enjoyable epeen assault

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Even without the xp, just going around killing shit for the assault will be fucking nice :D release my anger! rawr

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor
    Even without the xp, just going around killing shit for the assault will be fucking nice :D unlock a trial weapon or skill up rawr
    Updated ^^

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ya.. Spinning attack always killed a bunch at a time.. It is just hard to engage a mob and not kill it before you get the weaponskill off.
    Sounds like a job for "/autotarget on" :D I cant wait to do this assault.

Did the take increase magic damage as well?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor
    Even without the xp, just going around killing shit for the assault will be fucking nice :D unlock a trial weapon or skill up rawr
    Updated ^^
    Now that I think about it, I got my Pole of Trials in my MH somewhere >_> Yeah, need to unlock that damn thing...

Periqia
    Defuse the Threat
    Objective: Clear the mine fields.
    Time Limit: 30 min

Erm.. its kind of like hot and cold? Little quirin miners that are EP and easy to kill roam around.

You run into Kachink! messages that indicate the presence of a mine nearby.. different message indicate if you're getting closer or further. If you click on it and hit enter you can defuse the mine, if you take too long(or maybe when you step on it?) it blows up. Not 100% sure the mechanics on it but it was easy.

I assume you get more points for properly defusing the mines.. I thought this assault was really stupid except for the 1519 assault points I got first try/no ring doing it and we maybe defuse only half of them?

They explode on timer. Doesn't matter if you step on it. I noticed most of them spawned near the qiqirin mobs.

You guys get anything that wasn't level 6 gear from appraisal? There has to be a point at which we start getting good stuff from it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

At rank 7 assault, I can honestly say the 2 best items I have recieved from assault (Storm Gambieras + Heims Earring) were from Lamia 13 and Golden Salvage, respectively.

From rank 5 mamool farming for 20k and some rank 6's (no completed rank 7's yet, been away from the game since tuesday) have seen nothing valuing more than 5k.

At most we get like a holly staff +1, and thats with a steady assault schedule for about 2 months not missing a single tag.

We got Akinji Bazubands from one of the new assault, I don't remember which though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

We got a pair of Spectacles on like our 40th tier 2 Mamool-Ja assault (I like whoring that one because I'm too lazy to merit, and getting to just go around and hack things is preferable to the others). The rest of the time we've gotten feather collars, gorgets, and eggplants though.

Blitzkrieg has got to be some of the most fun I have had in a LONG time.

If you ever want to burn some aggression, and get a reward at the same time, this is the place to do it.