Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update 10/24/06     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Update 10/24/06

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news8862.shtml
    At the following time we have performed a version update of FINAL FANTASY XI.

* This update consists of a version upgrade of the client program. When you press the play button after the time stated below, the version upgrade will begin automatically. Please follow the instructions on the screen.

[Affected Period]
    Oct. 24, 2006 3:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Important Update Details]

- An issue has been addressed where the "Digging for treasure" event would still occur upon completion.

- An issue has been addressed where game termination occured during a certain event scene, viewable by selecting "Going for a walk (long)" at the San d'Oria chocobo stable.

- An issue has been addressed where the Flower Stand would not appear correctly when placed in your Mog House. (Windows version only)
    My ass.

Edit: For anyone that doesn't want to scroll down, SE then did this as an additional update:
    - Requirement to receive the "Ashu Talif" related quests has been changed. You are now asked to wait for 1 earth day (past 8:00PDT) in order to receive another related quest.

did you actualy see what they updated? >_>

11 dats and a txt file

gameplay was not interrupted btw

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Here's the real BS we've been fearing.
    ---------------------------------------------------

[Affected Period]
    Oct. 24, 2006 5:00 (PDT)

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

- Requirement to receive the "Ashu Talif" related quests has been changed. You are now asked to wait for 1 earth day (past 8:00PDT) in order to receive another related quest.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol... GG SE

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

wow.. thanks for fixing that huge disgusting bug. otherise someone might get something crazy like r/ex gear and a stack of new ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Matricide
    wow.. thanks for fixing that huge disgusting bug. otherise someone might get something crazy like r/ex gear and a stack of new ammo.
    Or six zillion new crafting components, or PUP attachements, or crash out HQ3 gem prices, etc.

Far as the shuriken go, one friggin new shuriken per Assault is nothing. The Assault should be dropping at least a stack of a dozen where it's dropping one.

My guess- S-E figured the currency cost would retard people spamming the Assault. Considering the buy rate on Imperial golds shot up considerably on Ragnarok instead, I'd say people had already realized it was "LOL LOOTZ FARM" and were proceeding to begin raping the same instance over and over again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its limited by the amount of people actually on T3 (maybe 3 party's of NAs including mine on my server) and it takes almost a hour to run to and from the BC. This update was completely not needed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    Its limited by the amount of people actually on T3 (maybe 3 party's of NAs including mine on my server) and it takes almost a hour to run to and from the BC. This update was completely not needed.....
    It took you an hour to go from Nashmau -> Ruins -> Mire -> Reef -> Assault -> Warp II to Nashmau? For that matter, how does the number of real players limit an RMT party anyway?

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fuck SE.

Aside from the Zerehs, the drops from the new Ashtu Talif assaults aren't worth shit.

Most pointless nerf ever.

If the people going 0/10-15 are any indication, instead of a time-consuming process to gear up a party worth of people with Baby Haidate, it's going to be a ludicrously long process.

Too bad they couldn't actually have a good thing in their game for once.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Oct. 24, 2006 05:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    FINAL FANTASY XI Update (Oct. 24)

[Affected Period]

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

- An error preventing the Fun Inhibitor Engine™ from working properly with the "Ashu Talif" related quests has been addressed. You are now asked to wait for 1 earth day (past 8:00PDT) in order to receive another related quest.

We apologize for any convenience.
    What an amazingly pointless update. Put in armor because the RMT are cock-blocking people from Byakko then cock-block them from the fight that drops that armor.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

world's tiniest violin.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    Oct. 24, 2006 05:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    FINAL FANTASY XI Update (Oct. 24)

[Affected Period]

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

- An error preventing the Fun Inhibitor Engine™ from working properly with the "Ashu Talif" related quests has been addressed. You are now asked to wait for 1 earth day (past 8:00PDT) in order to receive another related quest.

We apologize for any convenience.
    What an amazingly pointless update. Put in armor because the RMT are cock-blocking people from Byakko then cock-block them from the fight that drops that armor.
    I wish I could figure out what is going through SE's mind at times... I figured ok fine they made a replacement item (To B-pants), fine they made it rare but managable to get (You could do the BC as many times as you wanted in a day correct?) And now they even screw that up?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So in other words SE wants to ensure the RMT stay in business up in Sky. Maybe they made the change once the CGF found out about this piece of equipment dropping in the ISNM and sent in enough complaints that SE made this retarded update.

I think Sony and SE are having lunch on a daily basis and comparing notes.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

this works out in our favor

since one of the drops from this were cerb hide we were worried about losing our monopoly on that since we own cerberus pretty much 100%

with this nerf it limits that amount of ??? boxes that can contain cerb hides that are bought into the economy

thx SE

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

fucking jew stew if you ask me, that is a pointless nerf, the drops aren't good and the pants are rare as hell.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I thought SE finally did something right.. rofl

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Obviously, none of you run a business that people pay for per month.

Of course it makes sense from a business standpoint. Don't think anyone was disputing that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    this works out in our favor

since one of the drops from this were cerb hide we were worried about losing our monopoly on that since we own cerberus pretty much 100%

with this nerf it limits that amount of ??? boxes that can contain cerb hides that are bought into the economy

thx SE
    This guy just dosen't stop does he?