+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lord WillyWonka, What do you sing when you're in the shower?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/20 ... 770659.htm

Energy Australia has conducted research showing people are wasting money on hot water by singing and daydreaming in the shower.

More than 400 people were surveyed, with the results indicating the average shower length is seven minutes.

However, families with children aged five to 12 years, spent more than eight minutes in the shower.

Anthony O'Brien from Energy Australia says that is time taken up doing activities such as shaving, playing with toys, singing, daydreaming and brushing teeth.

"That's an activity that perhaps people can look at whether they need to do that in the shower or whether they can just do it over the sink," he said.

Mr O'Brien says 500,000 shower timers have been sent to families in Sydney, in the Hunter and Central Coast regions to remind them to be more energy efficient.

He says families can save $100 a year on their electricity bill if they cut back their shower times.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol who does these things?

I wake up, jump in the shower, wash face and body, shampoo, dry off, brush teeth, deoderant, get dressed, eat small bowl of cereal and leave. I shave at night before bed to save time.

Takes me 10mins. I never understood why people sing in showers, or just sit around in one.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    I never understood why people sing in showers, or just sit around in one.
    I don't think they're just 'sittin around' hehe.

Sometimes I sleep for like 20mins in the shower in the morning lol

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

i used to take really long showers, 30-45min, and sometimes i still do. I just spend so much time cleaning myself, especially if i'm going out. Plus if i havent shaved my non-facial area's in a week or 2, then i'll shower till the water is cold.

When i was little i used to fall asleep and nod out in the shower, found out the hard way that it wasn't safe to do that anymore. Started taking less hot showers cause the hotter the water the more i did it. I've cut it down to 15-20minutes average now... still long but i'm really obsessive when it comes to being clean, and i like to smell good <3

The water here gets frigid after 10 minutes so there's really no choice but to get in and get out.

I usually spend like 20 minutes in shower washing x.x but I've spent 30minutes and more just standing there (wish I had a bath) warm water against skin feels nice when you feel cold. Hehe.. a jacuzzi if not a bath would be nice

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I only take very hot and long showers after I've come from a really intense workout or a coaches' scrimage. Or after I've done something really intense all day like move someone in to a house or whatever.

I have to commute to school every day (thank god that's going to change next semester) so i really can't afford to take too much time in the shower.

I actually save time and brush while I'm in the shower; kills two birds with one stone. Unlike Epical, i shave the night before to save even more time.

oh, and i'm not a metro so it takes me 3 minutes to get dressed. My hair is another story...and can take anywhere from 1-3 minutes to get fixed :wink:

Anyway, quick showers for the win. It's like the discussion we had about time on the toilet, don't be in there longer than you have to.

Groovebox

If people want a real showering experience, go get some of those shower tablets that you put on the floor of the tub while using the shower... it's a menthol explosion, really wakes you up in the morning.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    The water here gets frigid after 10 minutes so there's really no choice but to get in and get out.
    I broke my hot water heater 3 years ago. In an out in less then 3-4min usually for me

Can't even let dishes pile up to bad either or I simply wont have the hot water to clean them all.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

20-30min every morning before school. I do a lot of thinking in the shower D:

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek
    I used to do that lol, but I just love showers. Unless I'm going to be late or in a rush. I take a nice 20 minute+ shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    My hair is another story...and can take anywhere from 1-3 minutes to get fixed :wink:
    A suave buzz cut like mine will cut 1-3 minutes a day to 12 minutes every month or two. Plus, for a $15 buzzer, you pay for it after one cut!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I spend 20-30 min in the shower. My bathroom is like a little partyroom :] I have a radio and a TV in my bathroom (~o.o)~ Not to metion we have one of those ubber change-the-way-the-water-comes-out shower heads. Its so relaxing :O Plus I do all my really big thinking in the shower :] from time to time I brush my teeth in shower while watching TV or listening to musics >.>;

I used to think I was alone when it came to brushing my teeth in the shower. One of my friends recently found out I did, and she did as well. This board seems to have a decent population of 'people that brush their teeth in the shower.'

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How can you have a tv in the bathroom?

I'm sure you can't take a really hot shower because the humid air would get in the tv, unless you have a way to keep the temp in the room stay coo..

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    How can you have a tv in the bathroom?

I'm sure you can't take a really hot shower because the humid air would get in the tv, unless you have a way to keep the temp in the room stay coo..
    There are shower radios/TVs/etc.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i can spend an hour in a shower~ (rhyme~) because the hot water feels nice, and its so mesmerizing~ ~.~ so nice

muscles feel like jelly and you just want to lay down mmmm ~.~ so nice

:Q i like to stand with the water hitting my face for like 10mins (moving only to breathe >.>) and afterwards, its like you've had your face massaged x)))) so nice :D

i want to get in right now ~.~

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by Sendra
    20-30min every morning before school. I do a lot of thinking in the shower D:
    Same here, I find myself thinking too much in the shower. Some people do it on the toilet, I do it in the shower. And I realize that the last sentence can be interpreted in a wrong way.