Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That does suck. I've ordered countless things through them. x.x Back to Yesasia for me.. ;;

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    -chooo chooo- sony hating bandwagon coming through -chooo chooo-
    Choo choo blind ps3 fanboy coming through. Sony is fucking retarded and the ps3 is going to drop like the fucking Titanic only there won't be a shitty movie about it.
    You never know... if Sony needs the money enough... I'll never let go blu-ray, I'll never let go!

my orders got cancelled :/

hmph thats gay, just downgraded my psp to 1.5 and needed some new parts :'(

Especially with their argument about how their power adapters aren't certified in the EU(thought that's what UL was for).. All that tells me is that I should unplug all my sony stuff and get rid of it before it burns my house down.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I really doubt sony was the only reason.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstriker
    You all do know that in November of 2002 Lik Sang was sue'd by Microsoft and Nintendo for selling for selling Mod chips. Wonder what would have happened had Microsoft and Nintendo won many years ago. Seems like they been doing illegal shit for years, and the law is the law. I didn't know it was Ok to break some laws and not break others.
    ^what night said

I admit I've never even heard of that website before, but I don't see the big deal about sony suing a company that's pretty damn shady. >.>;

blax n gunz
    BG Level

being sued is not the same as doing something illegal. Lik Sang was sued because Sony didn't like customers circumventing their ridiculous region-lock on the consoles. Nevermind that it enabled people to buy more games than they could normally. If Sony loses control over it's tech it sues people.

Mind you the only 'legal' way to play games from all regions is to buy multiple consoles...which are sold at a loss. GG Sony, way to bump up your profits.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I haven't imported in a couple years. Is NCS still around? I always liked them, but maybe because I lived like an hour from their HQ so I got my orders same day sometimes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Sony didn't like customers circumventing their ridiculous region-lock on the consoles.
    Games and consoles are region-locked because different parts of the world operate on different standard voltages and framerates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree
    Sony didn't like customers circumventing their ridiculous region-lock on the consoles.
    Games and consoles are region-locked because different parts of the world operate on different standard voltages and framerates.
    Uh, no, that's one benefit of region locking, but for the most part they're region locked so that various regions can control the price without having to worry about importers undercutting.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guys Guys. You don't understand the brilliance of it all. Sony says REGION FREE, rejoice ye gamers! Oh btw we are shutting down importing you fucking thieves. Stop trying to use our region free games or we will blow you up with these batteries.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree
    There are only two kinds of framerates consoles come in. PAL and NTSC. EU uses PAL. Handhelds however are excempt (to my knowledge, I know all nintendo handhelds are. Voltages = Bullshit for a handhel again to my knowldge. I can't charge my phone, my DS, my Camera if I go to EU? Bullshit! last I checked the PSP was sucking shit for sales in EU. I guess they have to pin it on something. "Nintendo announced on September 15, 2006 that its competing Nintendo DS consoles hold a 70 per cent market share in the European region for eleven consecutive weeks." - wiki

"Here is the projected damage lik-sang has cause our sales in EU, we demand restitution!" Ok so what about subtracting the sales of total sales of other regions from the "projected" damage. "lolz whut r u talkin about?"

A. Body
    BG Level

wow this is hilarious, i JUST read about this on some asia game forum and everybody there was cheering sony on for putting down a major shady company, and i come over here and everyone has the exact opposite reaction to the same news XD

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Some people enjoy being raped in the ass once every 2 weeks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    wow this is hilarious, i JUST read about this on some asia game forum and everybody there was cheering sony on for putting down a major shady company, and i come over here and everyone has the exact opposite reaction to the same news XD

Japan don't have to worry about import. >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Thats a real shame tbh...

I bought from Lik-Sang all the time when I bought my Japanese / NA switched Gamecube from CEX as a member of there staff....

Basically, in the UK there is a chain of shops called CEX (Computer Exchange) that use to do ALOT of imports. Anything from SNES JPN to the latest console at the time... they were pretty much the main boat keeping the UK gaming import alive.

I use to work in the E-commerce dept along side head office so I was pretty clued up on what things were happening... So one day 5 weeks before Christmas in 2002 (I think) CEX was seriously pushing out imported Game cubes even including that funky Panasonic edition one, plus even the US was buying from us since we had a shit ton of stock (people didn't know about Lik-sang I guess).... BUT... diaster stuck... Nintendo pushed a law suite on CEX's ass.

They Claimed "Computer Exchanges actions within the UK was effecting sales in the US and damaging EU's release scheme".... They even made CEX hand over all of there imported stock so they would not take any further action. This included SNES, NES, N64, GAMECUBE, GAMEBOY, GAMEBOY COLOUR, GAMEBOY ADVANCE, GAMEBOY ADVANCE w/back light....

About a year after that (I had left the company by then)... Sony Sue'd them for somewhat the same reason's as Lik-sang but with a twist though... they just didn't want them taking the EU's market share by selling imported consoles & games.

Its all the same with the companies I guess....

From what I gather from the media here - SE have shunted the PS3 release date right back for Europe as (as usual) they won't have anywhere near enough consoles around and available. Now, in order to stop people importing consoles and games like they did with the PS2 so they don't get stuck with things like waiting till October 2006 for KH2, and March 2007 for FF12, they're trying to throttle any avenues to import the consoles into the country so they can strangle it again with "EU conversions" nine months later than the NA versions and with no optional extras (bar a higher price tag). The one game I've seen where the EU actually got something over the NA version (bar a much later release date) was FFX where we got the dark aeons and Penance with his million ways to inflict pain and own you royally.

They pulled a similar thing with people modchipping their PS2s to play imported games a while back too.

I have to say - I'm not buying a PS3 whenever they (finally) come out in Europe.

When you bend over for Sony, you must need more oil than OPEC to take it so easily in the ass from em.

Apparently, the Blu-Ray diodes must cause brain rot in Sony executives. Riiiiiidge Racer!

Old Merits
    BG Level

I used to buy so much sony shit... I have a ps1, ps2, psp, viao laptop, a trinitron tv, have had 2 sony digicams, a lolnetwork walkman (fuck you ATRAC)... now I'm surrounded by shoddily made consumer electronics from a company I've come to scorn. Heavily.

I really really wish MGS4, FFXIII, and all the rest would be playable on something other than a Sony machine... and preferably not a Microsoft machine, either

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Cesaria
    They pulled a similar thing with people modchipping their PS2s to play imported games a while back too.

I have to say - I'm not buying a PS3 whenever they (finally) come out in Europe.
    They tried to pull the same thing here in Australia, then there came a new law, that in Australia it was 100% Legal to mod your console , but only to play imported games, however it is understood that once you mod your console, you no longer have warranty over it. Shortly after that it got overturned once again (due to sony convincing the judges that piracy is the key reason to mod consoles), so a bunch of people had legal mod chips, and another bunch didn't.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/security/s ... 709,00.htm