+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: King Behemoth today. . .     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

King Behemoth today. . .

Something strange happened @ KB camp today, I was afk in whitegate during windows but from the looks of my LS chat it was like:
    RMT claimed and wiped, then another HNMLS claimed and started to kill with very few people, so I figured wth? they will either wait for reinforcement to arrive or team up with other LS so I went afk again.
    I cam back after 25mins to check and KB was still @80% and that LS had massive deaths in thier alliance including tanks and the few BLMs. 45mins passed and KB was still 70+% so I ran to BD.
    KB went into SSJ/Hyper mode with 51% HP left and started killing everyone from that LS but haven't managed to touch thier ninja only once maybe, I was surprised how that NIN managed to outrun KB even when it was at morning times (checked with a BLM gaiters), KB wasn't moving fast like his normal speed and wasn't moving slow like lolGenbu or gravity effect (I'm sure there wasn't any RDM alive).
    Now for the strange things:
    First: KB speed was not normal, he wasn't moving fast like the normal KB we know
    Second thing: KB was following this sequence of actions:
    Physical hit > physical hit > physical hit > Meteor then run and again doing the same thing for the 2nd time:
    Physical hit > physical hit > physical hit > Meteor then run and again doing the same thing for the 3rd time:
    Physical hit > physical hit > physical hit > Meteor then run and redies one of his WS (Howl or Wildhorn or Shockwave or Thunderbolt) after his WS he will repeat the above. . .
    The NIN didn't get hit (only once maybe?) during while KB was in hyper mode and he didn't even bother to cast utsusemi only when he run out of range of meteor to proceed kiting again.
    During this 30+mins marathon of kiting a hyper King Behemoth it went yellow once and some LS claimed and died IMMEDIATELY after a couple of seconds and only took his HP down from 51% to 49% from a couple of Tga3, then KB proceeded to follow the same NIN again for like 10 other mins.
    After a while a SMN from the same LS did Nether Blast for full dmg taking KB's HP down 1% and pulled hate, KB hits Diabolos for normal dmg !..!..!..
    Hyper mode was reset and the same LS proceeded to kill KB from 49% to 0%...

I don't have any explanation but that was a strange KB.
    Could that KB was a bugged one?
    Or his script was stuck in a loop? even if it is, why the hyper reset?

My LS killed KB once with 9people from 100% to 0% in 1:13hrs. The last 13mins was during a hyper mode and he was killing tanks and mages every 5-7 seconds and was running like crazy because gravity was resisted 100% of the time...

EDIT: This happened in Unicorn server.

all for A abj. Feet.

I honestly didnt know our RMT were doing kings yet...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

never heard of that shit before. Shit was prolly bugged or he had that hot shit and was botting his ass off. On a sidenote third KB in a row dropped D Ring on Lakshmi. Lucky bastards.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was expecting some real KB drama instead of a bugged(?) KB.

This thread is disappointing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: King Behemoth today. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jhun
    Something strange happened @ KB camp today, I was afk in whitegate during windows but from the looks of my LS chat it was like:
    RMT claimed and wiped, then another HNMLS claimed and started to kill with very few people, so I figured wth? they will either wait for reinforcement to arrive or team up with other LS so I went afk again.
    I cam back after 25mins to check and KB was still @80% and that LS had massive deaths in thier alliance including tanks and the few BLMs. 45mins passed and KB was still 70+% so I ran to BD.
    KB went into SSJ/Hyper mode with 51% HP left and started killing everyone from that LS but haven't managed to touch thier ninja only once maybe, I was surprised how that NIN managed to outrun KB even when it was at morning times (checked with a BLM gaiters), KB wasn't moving fast like his normal speed and wasn't moving slow like lolGenbu or gravity effect (I'm sure there wasn't any RDM alive).
    Now for the strange things:
    First: KB speed was not normal, he wasn't moving fast like the normal KB we know
    Second thing: KB was following this sequence of actions:
    Physical hit > physical hit > physical hit > Meteor then run and again doing the same thing for the 2nd time:
    Physical hit > physical hit > physical hit > Meteor then run and again doing the same thing for the 3rd time:
    Physical hit > physical hit > physical hit > Meteor then run and redies one of his WS (Howl or Wildhorn or Shockwave or Thunderbolt) after his WS he will repeat the above. . .
    The NIN didn't get hit (only once maybe?) during while KB was in hyper mode and he didn't even bother to cast utsusemi only when he run out of range of meteor to proceed kiting again.
    During this 30+mins marathon of kiting a hyper King Behemoth it went yellow once and some LS claimed and died IMMEDIATELY after a couple of seconds and only took his HP down from 51% to 49% from a couple of Tga3, then KB proceeded to follow the same NIN again for like 10 other mins.
    After a while a SMN from the same LS did Nether Blast for full dmg taking KB's HP down 1% and pulled hate, KB hits Diabolos for normal dmg !..!..!..
    Hyper mode was reset and the same LS proceeded to kill KB from 49% to 0%...

I don't have any explanation but that was a strange KB.
    Could that KB was a bugged one?
    Or his script was stuck in a loop? even if it is, why the hyper reset?

My LS killed KB once with 9people from 100% to 0% in 1:13hrs. The last 13mins was during a hyper mode and he was killing tanks and mages every 5-7 seconds and was running like crazy because gravity was resisted 100% of the time...
    Just a shot in the air.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

RMT in unicorn only camp Behemoth and they don't bot KB, only 1 group like to cast on KB and cfh or wipe if they claim.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

so 1 ninja lasted how long against a hyper KB? maybe a rdm landed a gravity before the wipe?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by NuJersIsh
    never heard of that shit before. Shit was prolly bugged or he had that hot shit and was botting his ass off. On a sidenote third KB in a row dropped D Ring on Lakshmi. Lucky bastards.
    No the guy who was kiting KB wasn't speedhacking because if he was he would be jailed immediately. The love between Unicorn LSs requires GM calling 100% of the times.

And some of the people (from differnet LSs) were following him with gaiters or/and crimson legs.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Medivac
    so 1 ninja lasted how long against a hyper KB? maybe a rdm landed a gravity before the wipe?
    More than 30mins. I think he lasted 40-45mins almsot died twice from Thunderbolts.
    KB went yellow > claimed by LS then wiped immediately from getting hit with 600-900dmg and meteor > claimed by the same NIN again.

Hey Jhun

Hyperactive Much? when typing

http://www.connollyco.com/discograph...peractive7.jpg

All I pictured, while reading your post was, all that rapid transition typing spewing out LOL

Cat

As a member of the linkshell who killed KB, i think i can explain what happened.

Well, i logged on(late -.-), and arrived in BD when KB was at 49%, and our solo nin had hate. The rest of the linkshell had logged off and on, and were sitting in the tunnels wondering wtf we should do.

A blm with no hate joins up with the nin and does nothing to get hate. Nin eventually dies. Blm uses Bio 2.

I assume that when our nin died, hate got reset and super mode lost. Yet a monster always stays red for a few seconds to party members?

Anyway yeh, i have no idea what happened beforehand, the above is more of a guess than anything.

W head.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Pics

Cat

I only have pics of the drop

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cat
    As a member of the linkshell who killed KB, i think i can explain what happened.

Well, i logged on(late -.-), and arrived in BD when KB was at 49%, and our solo nin had hate. The rest of the linkshell had logged off and on, and were sitting in the tunnels wondering wtf we should do.

A blm with no hate joins up with the nin and does nothing to get hate. Nin eventually dies. Blm uses Bio 2.

I assume that when our nin died, hate got reset and super mode lost. Yet a monster always stays red for a few seconds to party members?

Anyway yeh, i have no idea what happened beforehand, the above is more of a guess than anything.

W head.
    When your NIN died and your BLM casted BioII KB killed a couple of people from outside your LS with 1200-1700dmg Wildhorn (SSJ/hyper mode didn't reset I'm 100% sure).
    It reset before/during/after the Nether Blast ...how? we don't know.

Cat

In that case i don't know either.

Together we're Sage Sundi'ing up Unicorn.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I never saw power up mode reset until the mob lost all hate on original claimers...or anyone with hate at alll for that matter....

Ive seen Fafnir go yellow after killing lots of people while zerk then wait 1 sec claim by another LS still raged...

Seems only sure way rage resets is 1 regen tick of 10%...

IDK seems hella strange, but KB is definitely killable while raged...with some luck (ES and spirits within <.<)

A few weeks ago on Fairy when KB was killed cfh it got raged by an inexperienced LS and was eventually cfhed in rage mode. It never went passive but after 20 minutes or so of running around hitting people for 800-1k dmg it started hitting for normal damage again. Maybe rage only lasts a certain amount of time, I'm pretty certain it never went passive.

I'm positive a galka on this website once said a zerked fafnir he was fighting went to full zerk, crits same damage as normal hits, his ls kept claim the entire time and after a while in full zerk it reverted to normal. Sounds like caca but it might hold some water.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Juvant
    A few weeks ago on Fairy when KB was killed cfh it got raged by an inexperienced LS and was eventually cfhed in rage mode. It never went passive but after 20 minutes or so of running around hitting people for 800-1k dmg it started hitting for normal damage again. Maybe rage only lasts a certain amount of time, I'm pretty certain it never went passive.
    Any HNM will lose it's rage mode if everyone on the hate lists dies or logs off, but that NIN and BLM +some members outside the claiming LS still has hate and KB was running all over the dominion.