+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
    Little Mother
    BG Level

Gulkeeva answered you right after you posted.

It doesn't have alot of hardcore content besides looking for rares and leveling up your skills and abilities, like she said, the game gets updated about once a week so there is always new content to play with, and harder mission etc etc.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    I just watched your video and wow, this game now appeals to me. I'm just wondering but, does this game have alot of content for a hardcore MMO'er? Or will it go dry after a few months? I'm kinda interested now.
    I had that same appeal when I first saw it. I got to level 4 and promptly uninstalled (never again am I paying for the 6 month subscription without playing a month first). The things that really detached me were the way the camera worked, and the lack of attacks in general. The game is essentially based around your arrow keys. And your camera was completely fucked up until you straighten it out with the left arrow key (often requiring spamming). Every attack, which I think was the up arrow key, was the same three attacks, as noted in SB's video (again, spamming your fingers off). I never got to a high enough level to get any special weapons/moves, but apart from the actual fighting part, the game has no real appeal/other content. Granted it was new, but still. =\ Another thing was the way chat was handled. There is no line formatting, so if the typed message went longer than the allotted space, it was literally cut off and such, which looked retarded.

One thing that WAS cool were the different emotes and anime-style facial animations that can accompany them... those rocked.

EDIT: SB, Gulk's a he.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    Gulkeeva answered you right after you posted.

It doesn't have alot of hardcore content besides looking for rares and leveling up your skills and abilities, like she said, the game gets updated about once a week so there is always new content to play with, and harder mission etc etc.
    Sorry, thought he was talking about video, skipped over it.

And TY for info gulk/sb/epical

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    I just watched your video and wow, this game now appeals to me. I'm just wondering but, does this game have alot of content for a hardcore MMO'er? Or will it go dry after a few months? I'm kinda interested now.
    I had that same appeal when I first saw it. I got to level 4 and promptly uninstalled (never again am I paying for the 6 month subscription without playing a month first). The things that really detached me were the way the camera worked, and the lack of attacks in general. The game is essentially based around your arrow keys. And your camera was completely fucked up until you straighten it out with the left arrow key (often requiring spamming). Every attack, which I think was the up arrow key, was the same three attacks, as noted in SB's video (again, spamming your fingers off). I never got to a high enough level to get any special weapons/moves, but apart from the actual fighting part, the game has no real appeal/other content. Granted it was new, but still. =\ Another thing was the way chat was handled. There is no line formatting, so if the typed message went longer than the allotted space, it was literally cut off and such, which looked retarded.

One thing that WAS cool were the different emotes and anime-style facial animations that can accompany them... those rocked.

EDIT: SB, Gulk's a he.
    O_o

SB thinks I'm female when drunk.. and thinks i'm male when not drunk.. the world is confusing!!!!1

er anyway, yeah not to many "attack forms" but its slowly getting more, each weapon now has like 6 different.. "combos" its basically like... doing a weapon skill in FFXI, but your hitting that 100% tp nonstop

later there will be a 3rd "combo chain" so each weapon will have like 9 possible attack animations.

as for the camera, you can lock targets.. and have your camera constantly locked and rotating following whateve ryou have it locked on, I got used to it pretty quick.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bruce's Dungeon Video, I'm sure you'll appreciate it Gulk, it has lots and lots of hot Fortefighter action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrCaky6qf7M
    Can someone please answer?
    If youre looking for hardcore content, you wont find it here. Most people end up quitting after a week, two at most. Even with new content coming out somewhat frequently, it's only good enough for a days worth.

Unless you like going through the few same dungeons, leveling up skills for no reward at all, look elsewhere.

Maybe in a year or so this game will have some content, but right now its just a leveling spree.

Its a shame, I was a hardcore PSO fan, I was psyched for PSU, bought the 6month and after playing it for a month I just gave up on the pos.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I made a video of one the new toy laser cannons

http://www.neko-sentai.com/tmpvid/LLs2.avi

its about 210MB 14min video should be done uploading to the server in like 15min from this post time

Little Mother
    BG Level

I know Gulkeeva is a guy, trust me I do. It's just a bad habit of mine, plus its a little inside joke from one of my drunken nights on PSU.

Epical my camera is like that because I choose it to be, it's what I'm used to and it makes it easier to turn a Photon Art around if I kill my target early or something is coming behind me. The lack of attacks, well I wouldn't expect you to know much about them after only getting level 4 (not attacking you in anyway, but it takes 5 minutes to level to 4 in this game, so it's kind of hard to comment on them). The reason I used the same 2 photon arts the whole movie like I said, was it was just a spur of the moment thing, and at the time I was leveling Anga Redda and the new Twin Dagger PA, so I was spamming them.

If you're looking for a game you can just get on and have fun, then that's what PSU is for, you're not gonna find hardcore fafnir camping bullshit "end-game" here. And the game is upgraded every week so there's always something to do with friends. I think I hit the 800 hour mark recently and still having fun every moment.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

haha if ya watch the video.. I spin the camera around like crazy.. XD

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Most PSU fan cry when I say that, but PSU is closer to Diablo 2 than most MMORPG imo. If you liked that game, chance is you might enjoy grinding in PSU.

Personally, real mmorpg made me tired of that sort of grinding, and I dont have enough energy to put in a game like this.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I don't really care because it's pretty much like Diablo 2. It has an offline story mode that you can go through and you can also get online and play with friends and level up etc etc etc. So in a sense it is the same. I don't get where people think because it isn't like other games, its not a MMO. It's a Multiplayer online rpg, therefore, it is a MMORPG.

Most MMO's are all about grinding, so when you get on PSU and just play around and level up that way, there really is no grind, you just have fun and level up as you go.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

haha I'm liking it because.. its not requiring skillchains, or waiting for parties.. its jump in and start killing.

and yes this is my first phantasy star game, never played pso or whatever else before this

I'm waiting for the real challanges ahead SS rank and hive S rank, seen screenshots of people with upwards to 50~90 deaths in the zone.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Definantly, we're getting our first tastes of Challenging Missions here with Bruces A, I can't wait to see S with level 100+ mobs, SS rank missions, will really make this game fun.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Definantly, we're getting our first tastes of Challenging Missions here with Bruces A, I can't wait to see S with level 100+ mobs, SS rank missions, will really make this game fun.
    You do the hive mission yet? Those Flying things fire off Lv21 megid (jarba style) machine gun all over, and those wizards are definantly going to hurt... they already hurt bad at lv 37 haha. Imagine them at Lv 90 with king status and all the buffs.. with 6 of'em XD

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    You do the hive mission yet? Those Flying things fire off Lv21 megid (jarba style) machine gun all over, and those wizards are definantly going to hurt... they already hurt bad at lv 37 haha. Imagine them at Lv 90 with king status and all the buffs.. with 6 of'em XD
    No I haven't, but suddenly I want to! LOL, wow that sounds like its going to be nuts!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

>.> I made a pair of 8* 50% Light Twin Daggers. Should I keep em for Hive or sell them for oodles of cash?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't really care because it's pretty much like Diablo 2. It has an offline story mode that you can go through and you can also get online and play with friends and level up etc etc etc. So in a sense it is the same. I don't get where people think because it isn't like other games, its not a MMO. It's a Multiplayer online rpg, therefore, it is a MMORPG.

Most MMO's are all about grinding, so when you get on PSU and just play around and level up that way, there really is no grind, you just have fun and level up as you go.

It's true mmorpg are about grinding, but in most cases, that grinding revolve around "event", or large scale fight. In psu, there is no "endgame" like WoW or FFXI, just gears/level grinding from the beginning to the end. The instanced and linear area of PSU also make it look more like Diablo than most mmorpg's "open" world

I'm not saying it as a bad thing, it can be fun for sure, but after wasting 3 years of my life on FFXI, I wouldnt be able to endure it more than a few weeks. This game would have been perfect for me a few years ago, but not anymore.

About the single player story, I wouldnt recommand it to anyone. It was just not fun. Multiplayer is better

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Single Player was long and annoying, and 90% of the time I ran out of all my photon arts on all my weapons, and eventually ran out of photon chargers as well.

I only played the multiplayer during the 360 beta testing though, so I can't really put my 2 cents in on how the online is... but anything will be better than the cheesy storyline in single mode.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    >.> I made a pair of 8* 50% Light Twin Daggers. Should I keep em for Hive or sell them for oodles of cash?
    Possibly trad eit to someone for a better weapon, or.. sell it for like uhh I dunno 30-40mil? 50mil? Then make like 80 light daggers 9* XD