Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

super-rare drops linked to # in existence on server?

Um, im not refering to any item in particular 'Wink wink'... But has droprate of SUPER-RARE items ever been linked to the # of them in existence on a server? Someone in my shell suggested this theory and it is rather interesting because almost every server seems to have had a, or multiple, "super-rare" items drop from a monster that rhymes with ring rehemoth after the recent banning sweeps.

If this topic has allready been beaten into the ground.... sorry im at a fafnir camp (im bored outa my fucking skull)...

Also... SIG UPDATED!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe it's just a good coincedence of good luck?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In before the lock.

Shit has always dropped in streaks, always.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Really, if they monitor relic weapons it might not be too farfetched to believe they pay attention to the other super rare items as well.

lolno

SE's not good enough to program something in there like that to make it a changing droprate, they're a bunch of monkeys.

If you haven't figured that out after all your 75s, I pity you. =/

And, yeah, I'd level THF to 75, and PLD to 75, and WAR to 75, and DRK to 75, and SMN to 75, all right now--but I kinda want my cap first. I didn't even have my first 75 job until Feburary of last year, so...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Well, here's an odd story. A while ago I was coffer key hunting with some friends. This was back when astral rings were in Castle O. One of the people there said they were friends with an SGM. She claimed to call them up, next kill, we got a key. We then had to look for the coffer. She said it would pop in the NW corner of the highest floor. It did, and the person we were helping got their rdm AF. I'm not sure why we stayed, but we were there for some more time. We saw the servers coffer bot, Czardas, standing at the coffer spawn on the steps, the girl said her GM friend said to "watch" because the next coffer was going to be a mimic. Momentarily the coffer spawned at Czardas, he went to pick, mimic spawned and killed him. Honestly, I don't know how to explain how that worked if GM's really were as weak as many think they are.

Could also be luck, but I know that my record is clear even though it was marked for MPK (MPK'd a coffer bot at Castle O, they were afk but not far from their computer apparently lol) because the same friend told her SGM buddy about it and they took it off my record.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    If you haven't figured that out after all your 75s, I pity you. =/
    Awww come on now, don't be a cock. I thought it was a good question. SE claims they like certain items to be rare, so let him entertain this notion.

Unless you're privy to some information about the SE dev team...shut it.

No baseless negative speculation allowed. Only baseless positive speculation.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

All I know is my gut says maybe.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you go to fight Fafnir with the wishes to get a Andvaranauts and nothing else, chances are you wont get Andvaranauts but you will get a Ridill.

And, yeah, I'd level THF to 75, and PLD to 75, and WAR to 75, and DRK to 75, and SMN to 75, all right now--but I kinda want my cap first. I didn't even have my first 75 job until Feburary of last year, so...
    What level is your thf? Because if you are 66, don't even bother wasting your time with Maat.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I used to think this to be true as well... but my only arguement was "Why not have it this way?"

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy
    What level is your thf? Because if you are 66, don't even bother wasting your time with Maat.
    lol, k

I do remember some silly story about 'omg you can't steal warp scroll if it's not your first time killing Maat' but then I stop and think.

'SE's not smart enough to do something like this. They're a bunch of retarded monkies.' Then I just think that the people doing the BC just got frustrated with not being able to steal and gave up.

Someone else on my server did Maat THF at 66. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have a problem. lol

Hi

2-3 d.rings in a row on multiple servers is a coincidence? Knowing how much it dropped before, dunno why people are being idiots about the theory of changed drop rates cough geno

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy
    lol, k

I do remember some silly story about 'omg you can't steal warp scroll if it's not your first time killing Maat' but then I stop and think.

'SE's not smart enough to do something like this. They're a bunch of retarded monkies.' Then I just think that the people doing the BC just got frustrated with not being able to steal and gave up.

Someone else on my server did Maat THF at 66. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have a problem. lol
    You could quite easily have a problem with Maat at 66. Steal is completely random, you can go 1/1 and the worst I've heard is 1/28, I don't ever count on steal to work, I went in at 70 prepared to kill him, steal just happened to work when I used PD and hi-pot'd myself to full and had extra time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    I used to think this to be true as well... but my only arguement was "Why not have it this way?"
    That's pretty much what I've always thought too ... just because that's the way I would do it if I was in their position ... make it SOME factor in the drop rate at least (but not the only one). Then again, I don't have any faith in FFXI's devs either, soooo whatever. lol

Not to beat Zymurgy to the punch (since he knows this first-hand), but the "silly story" is absolutely true. You can still steal the scroll, but it won't result in a win unless you're doing the fight the first time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

what the fuck does that have to do with the topic, or anything?

Anyway, I'll explain why some people on gilgamesh have speculated this.

Back when you could force d.ring to drop by only having people in the party/alliance that kills KB who have a pixie earring, there was a very hardcore Japanese linkshell on gilgamesh, GraceFullNation/bancha (I might be remembering linkshell wrong, it's been a long time), that got many, many d.rings.

In the couple years since they stopped really doing kings, not a single d.ring has dropped. So people started to wonder if maybe since they forced so many to drop, we'd hit our cap for this server.

It's not really much of a stretch to think after THAT much bad luck something else could be going on. and I don't just mean for my linkshell, I mean NO d.rings, period

then, after years of no d.rings, one drops right after last ban. seems like enough to make one at least wonder.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

No lock yet?

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio
    what the fuck does that have to do with the topic, or anything?
    It didn't, was just referring to his sig. (whatever guy with the 12 or w/e 75s, I forgot how many he had (aka didn't count)

Since the topic needed to be locked in the first place. And it's a random number generator. RANDOM. You know, kinda like Dynamis drops? Kinda like any other drops in the game that aren't 100%?

It's fucking random, now get over yourselves.

Also, until I see a screenshot of this 'you can't win by stealing warp scroll after beating him on another job' thing, in which the log shows you stole then you did not win, I don't believe anyone.

Edit: Clarify that last part a bit, by someone who hasn't beaten him on THF already once.