+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    I see SAM tanking food.
    There's probably better suited tanks than SAM for that food. Maybe PLD/WAR tanking food.

While there's better food for HP, DEF, VIT or whatnot, if someone is going to eat the thing, a PLD/WAR would probably get the most use out of it. Seems made for them, anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    Don't the Dahaks on Mount Zhayolm drop Dragon Meat?
    If they drop anything (even though it says they do on somepage) the rate is extremely low. I've killed about 20 of them in ptys and 0 drops.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    Don't the Dahaks on Mount Zhayolm drop Dragon Meat?
    If they drop anything (even though it says they do on somepage) the rate is extremely low. I've killed about 20 of them in ptys and 0 drops.
    This can't be true, look at the dragon blood prices. Last couple months there have been 10+ Dragon hearts on the AH at any time, the hearts are now 300k, lower than I've ever seen them.

On a completely unrelated note, Archain the father of NA thievery lives 20min from me >.>;

I can see this food doing quite well for anyone using /sam. Berserk will still kill defense, but PLD/DRG/DRK/WAR subbing SAM with Pro IV could have some pretty nice defense (enough to have more than a mobs attack, I think) if their gear is ok defense-wise, which could keep them using Hasso a bit more often and needing shadows less.

I also think whatever new multi-player fights that are coming out next update will include ISNM/ENM/BCNM's of sorts that will drop this meat so you don't need to kill Hydra for the meat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

and scorp harness went from 25mil to 1.5mil(on asura), everything's deflated. even an extremely low drop rate would mean more of them on the AH than before, considering all of the other sources take longer than 30 min to repop.

(drop rate prob is better with TH2+, I killed them in a manaburn pty)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I see SAM tanking food.
    There's probably better suited tanks than SAM for that food. Maybe PLD/WAR tanking food.

While there's better food for HP, DEF, VIT or whatnot, if someone is going to eat the thing, a PLD/WAR would probably get the most use out of it. Seems made for them, anyway.
    PLD/WAR shouldn't exist outside of XPpt (unless you have an aegis)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    I see SAM tanking food.

Neither should a SAM tank.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

RNG in my LS used a hellsteak. He promptly killed himself. Seems to have no ranged attack boost on it, which is odd considering the other steaks do. He also thinks it has - ranged accuracy on it. Hit less with hellsteak than he did with no food at all. I know it probably doesnt have this stat...but still kinda funny.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    RNG in my LS used a hellsteak. He promptly killed himself. Seems to have no ranged attack boost on it, which is odd considering the other steaks do. He also thinks it has - ranged accuracy on it. Hit less with hellsteak than he did with no food at all. I know it probably doesnt have this stat...but still kinda funny.
    I've also heard that it has acc+ on it. Someone from my ls tried it in a exp pt and I've heard that it gave same acc boost as a sushi.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Something with +90ish attack and Sushi levels of accuracy would qualify as Big News. Confirmation prs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Well, +attack, +acc and +defense on one food would make it desirable like that kind of drop should be...but I don't see it being a huge item so much because not many (if any) would spend so much on food.

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao
    Something with +90ish attack and Sushi levels of accuracy would qualify as Big News. Confirmation prs.
    Pretty sure there was no accuracy on it. I used it on trolls and was parsing about 85%, same as I usually do.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Not surprised that much +ACC would be pretty darn obvious.

Level 67 dark knight went 357 to 417 attack with hellsteak.

He "thinks" it gives haste.. I don't know.

I'm saving my steak for DL this wednesday.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    I see SAM tanking food.

I've done a Tiamat without 1 PLD/WAR tank dieing once during the entire fight (That's 2 PLD/WAR in the tank party, neither dieing, just trading off hate). Mind you, one had D.Ring and other helpful items. But anyway... ya no deaths because if PLD/WAR is used correctly it can outshine any other tank the game has to offer. Oh ya, did I mention this was back when there were no Tiamat strats and we tanked it like Fafhogg? Everybody on the feet, yep, sure did. No deaths. Now I've seen people who do that little trick where they stand on the hill to avoid all AoEs, and they still die alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    ya no deaths because if PLD/WAR is used correctly it can outshine any other tank the game has to offer.
    LOL

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    ya no deaths because if PLD/WAR is used correctly it can outshine any other tank the game has to offer.
    LOL
    PLD/NIN is good if your melees are pussys or if your BLMs can't nuke. Otherwise, please give me a trustworthy tank that can do fine with intelligent white mages. Instead of replying "LOL" and jumping on a bandwagon, give me a reason why PLD/WAR can't be good, and give me an example of you beating Tiamat on it's front feet without anyone dieing the entire fight, thanks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I see SAM tanking food.

I see great Cannonball Food.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    LOL
    PLD/NIN is good if your melees are pussys or if your BLMs can't nuke. Otherwise, please give me a trustworthy tank that can do fine with intelligent white mages. Instead of replying "LOL" and jumping on a bandwagon, give me a reason why PLD/WAR can't be good, and give me an example of you beating Tiamat on it's front feet without anyone dieing the entire fight, thanks.
    Taking damage = losing hate.
    Mighty strikes = ouch.
    PLD/NIN can focus more on +enmity so all their other hate tools add more hate than when they're pld/war.

You think voke is that great? lolno

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Depends how you fight, we use 2-3 pld/wars (or war/whm) in a pt with a rdm sj smn for blinks. Works perfectly. Hate with war sj is always more solid, plus with aerial armor theres no issues

If you try to kill Tiamat with just a PLD/WAR tanking and 12 people within 2 hours, it just won't happen. A PLD/WAR requires a good deal of support to work, while other tanks can do the same job better and require less.

No one said it was impossible for a PLD/WAR to tank something, and it surely isn't impossible for PLD/WARs to tank something from start to finish without dieing, it's just now much less unlikely and inefficient in comparison to other tanking combinations. A PLD/NIN will generate much more hate, hold it stronger, and takes less damage in comparison. The same could be said when comparing it to a NIN/DRK or NIN/BRD.

Over the last like 2 years or so I've tanked besides /WAR and /NIN and /BRD, etc, and there's a huge difference between PLD/WAR and PLD/NIN. A PLD/NIN can literally solo tank JoL, meanwhile a PLD/WAR or NIN/WAR voking in around +50 enmity will rarely even see any hate at all.

Provoke sucks.