Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Crafting Curse     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Crafting Curse

more rant than anything.

current smithing skill 93.9+3

I just don't get SE at times, I can't HQ a fucking thing in this game..and the things I can HQ never sell.

example made 2 musketeer gun +2 , lusiant hands shit like this....and I cant even get rid of them.

Tonight I went 0/12 tier 1
    0/12 tier 2
    0/2 tier 0

hell I even tried 12 synths of a level 15 recipe and got 1 hq in all 12 synths

I just don't get it. Only tihng I can think of is a Anti HQ code set forth randomly for each char. lol ask Tekki about my track record he can confirm. I just don't understand how some people can take a shit and it will turn out HQ and I cant HQ a fucking level 15 synth.

Anyone else having this problem? And smithers want to shed some light in your experiences? can drop line here or send pm with comments advice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we don't have one lets make a thread of horrible HQ track records.

Mine is about 6 months without a decent money HQ....

Haubergeon +1 0/28 2 breaks
    Hauberk +1 0/4 (not much of a track record but when your counting dollars I would rather take the less hit to the wallet on nq haub then attempt +1 hauberk)
    Sai+1 2/18

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

sounds like my woodworking luck. I HQ'd 2 of my first 3 cursed haidates, 0/15 since. Also 1/30 on -1 Kabuto, 0 for god knows how many on divine logs, and 0/6 on Togi with 3 breaks. Yet we have a smither in our shell who churns out HQ hauby's like it's going out in style. Even HQ'd a hauby for himself before going out to exp his ninja.

it just happens that way... i went 2/3 gloves 3/4 sh+1 then suddenly 0/3 sh... 0/6gloves.. 0/10+ leggings... 0/2 cap... and then 1/1 dragon harness +1 XD guess its all luck~

Quote Originally Posted by ahjir_shiva
    XD guess its all luck~

Anyone else having this problem? And smithers want to shed some light in your experiences? can drop line here or send pm with comments advice.
    Smithing sucks, and it sucks even more in this economy. Everything we make for big profit is essentially vanity gear and people don't buy vanity gear in a deflated economy. Not to mention that dropping adaman ore prices are allowing alot of people to push past a mark they couldn't afford this time last year. So... less money on the market and more supply on the market = a pretty shitty market.

As for your craptacular HQ rate, I couldn't HQ anything for shit until I hit 100+3. Like.. anything. The only time I'd get a HQ animation was on shit like darksteel sheets. I went 1/12 trying to snyth solid gear for myself. When I hit 100 it picked up pretty quickly. 2/3 luisant hauberk, 2/7 Haub +1, 1/1 cursed celata -1, 1/1 cursed mufflers -1, etc...

I don't know if it's just placebo or simply that I'm actively paying more attention to it, but it -feels- like I got a pretty decent boost in luck when I finally hit 100. I know it's not very comforting to hear, but that's my experience.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Your either lucky or you aren't. Thats jus the way it works even though its stupid. I hq'd blessed pumps my very first try. Now i'm like 1/30ish when its 150k loss. I've tried so many nomad mantles its unreal and i've only ever HQ'd 1. I'm like wtf. in my guess its all /random

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Daemonxel has more then just bad luck XD. I think in the 6month+ crafting/money making spree Ive gone on I see poor Daem looking at the AH all emo

Ya bro ur cursed, I even tried to help you with some advice and look were that landed ya. HQs that wont sell XDDDD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its just luck. Or in your case bad luck. I've also gone 0/30 on a fucking tier 3 synth before. Someone just wanted signed choco gear. I logged after wasting 30 GP crystals in a very very angry fury.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: Crafting Curse

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel
    Haubergeon +1 0/28 2 breaks
    I see that and raise you. I had a run (which I broke last week ... finally)

Haubergeon +1 -- 0/50 with 2 breaks (3/63 all time with 4 breaks total, one not losing ingot)

I've been keeping records of my HQ records ... my Tier 1 HQ percentage is 3.8%

Sanoske

Yea.. I'm something like 0/30 on Blue Capes (tier 1). Was playing around a bit, check out my luck on different moon phases/days... went 0/20 on Jugglers Headband(cheap medium - also tier 1).

HQd Prince's Slops... 1/2(first on server) and couldn't sell them for the life of me. Ended up selling for 1M, next day... 2 sell at 2M. Yea... I'm due for a bit more crafting luck.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Its all random luck, i had a better hq rate on scorpion harness at lvl 70 with underlevelled sub than i do at capped skills.

I've gone 0/50 on a tier 0 but hit 3/50 ish tier 0 (with no hq result) skilling up and tier 1 then i've seen 9/12 hq on tier 2. Crafting depends more where your luck falls than anything.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've gone at best in 1 run 5/36 tier 1 synths making Mamushito +1s. Yesterday I went 0/36 and the day before went 2/36 and the time before that around 3/54. I'm going to say it's all luck since these were all on lightningsday facing the same direction. I've also gone 0/12 beeswax which is a level 4 or 5 synth. It's so random.

you and me are on the same cruise ship... I still only HQ 1 T1 synth out of every 3 batches, and once went on that 1/107 streak.

Then i see RMTs taking over the market and undercutting the shit out of things I've lowered myself to making my money purely on materials lol. Rainbow cloth and thread, even silk cloth stacks -.-;;;

Sanoske

Quote Originally Posted by kihre
    you and me are on the same cruise ship... I still only HQ 1 T1 synth out of every 3 batches, and once went on that 1/107 streak.

Then i see RMTs taking over the market and undercutting the shit out of things I've lowered myself to making my money purely on materials lol. Rainbow cloth and thread, even silk cloth stacks -.-;;;
    That makes me cry...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just avoid the pain by not crafting > > I keep thinking of trying again, then sober up a bit and smack myself over the head for ever thinking about crafting... It's... just... to... painful... Its all luck and I don't have any. I think Tekki stole mine :-/

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think im the only person on sylph making money with a craft anymore 8D

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

My crafting curse is I finally found a bare/empty market in alchemy to make money in, I finally HQ'd the damned thing, then the next day after I list mine there's 5x HQ up.

I bought like 12~ or so v.claws (at 2mil) hoping to make some money (nq's were selling at 1.8~1.9, HQ 4~4.5mil). 2HQ, 1 break, rest NQ.

Then for the next 4 days, people started to list over 10 NQ SH on the AH and i sat and watched as my SH's come back and price dropped for 1.3mil. Why are people so retarded =/

i went like 1/35 on tier1 triumph earring/morion earring.

what really pisses me off, is i can't make the highest hq Gems to save my freaking life.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl
    I bought like 12~ or so v.claws (at 2mil) hoping to make some money (nq's were selling at 1.8~1.9, HQ 4~4.5mil). 2HQ, 1 break, rest NQ.

Then for the next 4 days, people started to list over 10 NQ SH on the AH and i sat and watched as my SH's come back and price dropped for 1.3mil. Why are people so retarded =/
    It's cuz Garuda blows...

1/30 on Hq Staves is my best record. Ha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast