Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Treasure hunter impact on Dynamis

I'm just wondering if more thfs = better drops in dynamis thanks

yes

Masterofshade

If possible put a THF in every PT, make sure that THF registers on the hate list of every mob that party kills

o, and apparently killing tarus seems to increase drop rate.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofshade
    If possible put a THF in every PT, make sure that THF registers on the hate list of every mob that party kills

o, and apparently killing elvaans seems to increase drop rate.
    Fixed for clarity

trade dynamis mobs the "Assasin's Armlets" and drop rate will increase by 4% trade knife+armlets and you get an over all 8% dynamis drop rate

I've seen Dy-Xarc runs with like 1 thf and 5 AF dropping. Those are rare obviously, especially with Xarcabaddroprate. Usually you really want TH though, and it's noticable except when you unknowingly pay for a Dynamis area consisting of mobs with names like Yagudo Steinberg, Orcish Weinstein, etc.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Goblin Banker?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I like to believe that treasure hunter in every alliance helps, but I really think it's mostly tarutaru death that does it. Mind you, the taru must be an unwilling sacrifice. Trick attack + WS on a white mage while fighting a MNK is the best way to ensure good drops.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Usually you really want TH though, and it's noticable except when you unknowingly pay for a Dynamis area consisting of mobs with names like Yagudo Steinberg, Orcish Weinstein, etc.
    Quoted for both truth and hilarity. (QFTnH?)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The other day we did bastok with 2 THF (one pulling didnt really fight much) and got 17 drops total. One of our bastok's before that we had everyone with 75 THF come on THF (so like 9-10 total) and we got 5-6 drops. It all seems more random than anything.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Treasure Hunter never equals better drops, just gil. What the fuck were you thinking?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The one thing that *should* dramaticly increase is the amount of currency that drop. Seems like TH3+4 open up additional slots for items to drop, meaning mobs can drop 3-5 coins per kill, among other drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    The one thing that *should* dramaticly increase is the amount of currency that drop. Seems like TH3+4 open up additional slots for items to drop, meaning mobs can drop 3-5 coins per kill, among other drops.
    I agree with this, the 4 and 5 droppers are still very rare, but they don't seem to happen at all with just TH2.

On a side note, anyone tried boosting CHR on THFs? Apparently there's an LS on Ragnarok that does it and get more AF2 than they take people in on an average run, something one of our RDMs was so adamant about she tossed her AF2 hat when we made a joke about it. Serious business indeed.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Try to have a THF in every Party, especially BLM PTs. I'm pretty convinced TH works only for the PT that gets the killshot, and BLM PTs get a lot of killshots so it works out well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We know TH increases Dynamis Drop rates.. but the question is "By how much".

Imo i think TH is so small of a percentage that it doesn't improve drop rates by a noticable margin.

It's all about luck.

Easiest way to increase drops is to Rape the zone.

I've done Dyna with 3 Different LS, all of which use a 1-Thf per pt setup, or failing that one Thf in the alliance/pt most likely to kill mobs. The first 2 LS I was a member of saw mediocre results on AF, not sure about coins since it's not something I pay attention to.

However, since I joined Wafik's Manaburn which follows the same one Thf per pt setup I noticed one thing that they do different to every other ls to get so many Af/Coins/etc.

They just rape everything.

As far as I'm concerned, TH is nice, but the easiest way to increase drops is to increase kills. More kills = more chances for drops.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Those are rare obviously, especially with Xarcabaddroprate
    Our Xarcabard drops aren't bad, it's the Glacier that has stinks for us nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Elondir
    Quote Originally Posted by Linsivi
    I agree with this, the 4 and 5 droppers are still very rare, but they don't seem to happen at all with just TH2.

On a side note, anyone tried boosting CHR on THFs? Apparently there's an LS on Ragnarok that does it and get more AF2 than they take people in on an average run, something one of our RDMs was so adamant about she tossed her AF2 hat when we made a joke about it. Serious business indeed.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen a 4 coin drop with only TH2, but I've never seen a 5 coin drop.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    I've done Dyna with 3 Different LS
    Wow that Dyna is a whore.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think the only 'guarentee' you can have with more Thf in Dynamis is that if you are killing a large amount of mobs you are going to get more currency on average from each mob you do kill.

The drop rate on AF2 is so low to begin with that you can still get hosed on AF2 drops even with 10 TH4 Thf, on the other hand you can have some of the best AF2 drops you've ever seen with just 1 TH2 Thf. There's just no real rhyme or reason to AF2 drop rates other than killing more mobs might help.