+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saw III     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Saw III

Most disgusting but the most win movie ever.

Discuss.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I was going to post about this, then decided that the lame ass 2 hours i spent in the movie was more than enough waste of my life. Wasn't even close to being on par with the first or 2nd one. Looked like a rush job. The whole story line was so lame. This is a torrent movie, save your irl gil and watch "The Prestige", or wait for "Borat".

Edit:

There was a preview for this movie called "300" not coming out til march. Apparently done/aided by Frank Miller. The comic guy/genius behind Sin City. Movie looks in-fucking-sane. Check out the trailer. http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

Edit x2:

They also making a hostel 2.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What did you not like about it? I preferably liked it...only part I didn't really like was it focused too much on the blood.

omg it was badass... the part at the beginning with the guy with the chains all over.... ugh I swear I almost passed out watching that part... but it was good because it made the rest of the movie seem more timid, I recommend it!

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Spoiler

The whole setup was lame. Im really using this guy to test this girl, but im going to test this guy, then im going to test the surgeon, then im going....shut the fuck up already. It didn't have the randomness of the last films. It was predictable, the "tests" put fourth by the main guy were incredibly fucking stupid. There was no way he could die. What the fuck was his protege thinking was going to happen? It's his "final" test and the fucking test subject isnt even put in any demanding situation. I guess after 3 movies it got really old. The first was was brilliant, simply because it was cutting edge, the second one was really cool, the whole premise with the house and the cop. This one, the whole "Lets pick on some guy who is just vengeful over his son dying"....cmon. lame lame lame.

I'll edit this to make it a bit more understandable. If you're looking for the plot twisting "WTFness" of the first 2 movies, you're not going to get it here. If you just want body parts flying all over the place, and blood spewing everywhere, this movie's the shit. I just really felt it didn't meet my expectations, which were probably high.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    If you just want body parts flying all over the place, and blood spewing everywhere, this movie's the shit.
    Sweet! I know what i'm watching tomorrow

The Saw movies are garbage anyways. The blood and gore death scenes are ok, sometimes creative, but not that great all around. The story is just plain awful though. If you look at the motives of the characters and such none of it makes any fucking sense. Overall, these are the two things that these movies pride themselves on.

The only part of the first movie that saved it from being complete shit was the plot twist at the end when you find out the killer was actually in the room with them the entire time.

The deaths in the second movie weren't that creative, except for maybe the first one where he puts the collar and mask on that guy and makes him dig the key out of his eye. Other than that, the rest sucked. Some guy gets locked in a furnace, that one bitch gets thrown into a pit of IV needles, they were all pretty disappointing. What pisses me off the most is that everyone that sees these movies gets so caught up in analyzing the story, the motives of the characters, etc. It's pretty much immediately evident that all were constructed poorly and without much thought. In a way I think they were intended to be similar to The Boondock Saints in that you could make a case both ways for whether or not the characters have good intentions, are doing the right thing, etc. The difference is that in this movie it's so blatantly obvious that the antagonists are fucking insane. Also, there's a complete plot hole that doesn't explain why Jigsaw is doing all of it in the first place. They stick in some scene with him attempting suicide and then having some revelation about life, and expect that to satisfy.

I'll probably end up downloading Saw 3 off of a torrent, but there's no way I'm going to pay to see it. Apparently the death scenes in this one are much more twisted than in the first 2, which were a huge letdown, so it might be entertaining.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ive often wondered y people that think they r movie critics go to see movies(period) anymore. u can nitpick about this that and the other thing but if u try reading too far into shit or if u go trying to over analyze charater motive etc, then ur gonna miss the entertainment of the movie. sure, there r movies that r perfect in every catagory, but u cant expect that from every movie.

yes, this movie is probably made for mainstream audiences(as was the 2nd one, probably) but its still damn entertaining. and i guess u coulud say it was probably rushed(i was suprised when i first heard the release date) and it was kinda obvious here and there, but it all made sense and fit in w/ the other 2 movies.

gaf, if u seriously dont know y jigsaw is doing what he's doing, then maybe u should watch the movies over again...
    i also think every trap/device/challenge was pretty well thought out... some kinda random, but overall not bad.

idk, maybe im wierd but when i go to watch a movie, i go to enjoy myself and not give myself a headache over how perfectly the characters r developed or what the director was thinking at this precise moment. of course character dev is important, as is nearly every aspect of the movie, but its tiring to hear bitch bitch bitch. idk, i enjoyed myself and itll be a movie that i buy once out on dvd.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I dont know how people can say the plots and twists of the first 2 were no good. This one didnt live up to the same lvl of those 2, but it was still good. Yea they may have been focusing too much on the blood and gore and the story took a while to pick up, but i still enjoyed it.

As for 300... I wish I hadnt seen that preview for another 5months. Having to wait till march 2007 for something that looked that awesome is really gonna suck.

Saw III was pretty badass, I walked out smiling. Was nice after the slightly dissapointing Grudge sequel.

And, my opinion of course, that 300 movie looks totally fucking stupid. The voice acting in the trailer is laughable at best.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Who thinks the opening of Jigsaw's skull part was absolutely the best part. I cant rethink of any movie getting that close with the camera to the actual cutting part..besides those sugery shows on TV. >.>

New Merits
    BG Level

>_>, Everyone who is thinking this is the grossest or bloodiest movie ever, go download http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3535477/...ead_Dead_Alive right now. It was directed by Peter Jackson back in the day, and it's pretty god damn excellent. As for the Saw movies, they're ok, but I can't tell you how disappointed I was with all of them after hearing so much about the level of violence they were sporting. Oh well :X

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hay guys, i went and saw a horror movie and now i'm mad because it didn't have an incredibly intriguing story and the motives behind the characters weren't real so i am going to bitch and moan and try to sound upset about it on the forums!!!!!!!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I absolutely loved the first Saw.
    The second one was weak though. Crummy characters mostly killing each other off; needed more clever Jigsaw traps.

In the first one, Jigsaw seemed supernatural - getting shot in the back with a shotgun and limping away? Laying motionless in a pool of blood for umpteen hours with his victims? Having him turn out to be some old dude dying of cancer took away all the mystery (and appeal) of Jigsaw. May as well have just started calling him John at that point.

I haven't seen Saw III yet, but my main focus will be on whether I'll be enjoying some Jigsaw or yawning at John.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

well, I LOVED Saw III
    I don't think I have ever cringed, gagged, squealed, and closed my eyes so many times before at a movie.
    I went with 2 of my friends, one of them had her hood over her eyes the whole movie, lol, and me and my other friend were holding each other's hand just being totally grossed out

I would so recommend it if you can handle really gruesome stuff
    but if not, don't bother seeing it, because it WILL make you sick

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    Hay guys, i went and saw a horror movie and now i'm mad because it didn't have an incredibly intriguing story and the motives behind the characters weren't real so i am going to bitch and moan and try to sound upset about it on the forums!!!!!!!
    I really wouldn't care about the story, but these movies get so much hype for being ultra violent, bloody, lots of gore, etc. The first two were just such a let down that I literally couldn't find any other reason anybody would like them. I think it's because I've been so desensitized by all the shit Zigma posts here, I don't know. In either case, I'll consider watching Saw III since I heard it was pretty twisted, although that's what I heard about the first two...

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    Hay guys, im goin to log on to BG and act like i read a thread only to be completely wooshed. I said the blood and guts part was great (I don't think anyone is arguing that), but what made the 1st and 2nd films was the unbelievable plot twists, not the gore. You can see gore in just about all the horror movies now-a-days, it takes incredible plot twists that make you go WHAT THE FUCK to make a horror movie shine. The first 2 had it, and it made the movies really great. This one didn't...it's really that simple.

It was alright, definitely up to par with the first or second though.

300 looks pretty cool though. Finally a newer version based on the battle at Thermopylae. C'mon, who doesn't want to see the million man Persian army get their asses beat, even if the Spartans do die.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just watched it, excellent, walked out with a grin.

The most bloody of the series, but it still had a good story to it, and a great end, talk about a nice twist. Cant wait for the trilogy to come out.

Still some loose ends though.. the Dr from the first movie, whatever did happen to him? Sure it seems like he would die.. but, I dunno. The second movie wrapped up well, only loose end was the kid. Now in the 3rd one, wonder whats going to happen to the daughter. Meh.

But I still loved the ending, was great.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Just watched it, excellent, walked out with a grin.

The most bloody of the series, but it still had a good story to it, and a great end, talk about a nice twist. Cant wait for the trilogy to come out.

Still some loose ends though.. the Dr from the first movie, whatever did happen to him? Sure it seems like he would die.. but, I dunno. The second movie wrapped up well, only loose end was the kid. Now in the 3rd one, wonder whats going to happen to the daughter. Meh.

But I still loved the ending, was great.
    What do you mean the kid? He was in the safe, remember? It's assumed he was taken back to family of some sort, since the cops were all there.

Doctor at the end of the first is kind of like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, you never see them die, but it's pretty obvious they did.