+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is it me or does FFX-2 suck ass?

I never even owned a ps2 till today, but went ahead and bought one for ff12. While i was at the store i decided to pick up FFX-2 because its one of the only FFs i havent played.

So far the battle system seems unique.. i mean being able to change jobs mid fight is nice but yaawwwwn.

I just started.. but does the story go ANYWHERE? Is there any good reason to continue the game?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well if you played Final Fantasy 10, you will enjoy x2

x2 is not the best by far but it isnt the worst.
    Final Fantasy is all about the storyline imo

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

If you like minigames it's the best FF out there.

I have to say it was one of the hardest FF's I played. But that's mostly because I suck at minigames. I liked it but I'm sure I'll get lolgirl at me so iono. >.>;

That game gave me gender identity issues.

I managed to beat it with 100% completion but it took over a year to do so.

I got an idea that doing new game+ would be cool cause I could get an iron duke or w/e for everyone in my party, but after seeing the opening cut scene a second time I turned the game off and never touched it again.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I liked it. The story picks up directly after FFX, by a year? or something, the serious tones don't come out till the latter half of the game, but for a large chunk of the beggining it's light-hearted.

Tidus looked like Meg Ryan and acted more feminine than she ever did.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Don't talk to me about FFX-2.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

To be honest, at first I was pissed that the game's main character was a female but I got over it.

Dude....if you beat final fantasy 10, wait until you get to the concert scene where it is raining.
    I have a save made on my memory card just for this moment.
    It is a pretty touching so to speak. Probably my favorite part of the game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Offtopic: Why our names the same except for one letter? >_>

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only the best names have the letters "Roc" in them like such as "Roac"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocr
    Only the best names have the letters "Roc" in them like such as "Roac"
    Only if they contain Roc and don't exceed 4 letters.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Should fine someone named Rock and make a static....that farms....Roc?!?!
    Everyone called me Roc anyways though

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocr
    Should fine someone named Rock and make a static....that farms....Roc?!?!
    Everyone called me Roc anyways though
    most people I talk to have the decency to reach their pinky over to the L key. sometimes they don't though
    I put on the Roc Star title sometimes cause I think it's hilarious: Rocl the Roc Star

anyhow I thought FFX-2 sucked the minute I opened a treasure chest and it said You scored an Ether! put the game in public storage and it's been there ever since

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And back on topic, I would still recomend anyone who beat FF10 to play x2 so they can complete the story

good night

This thread rocs

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I liked the battles of the game.

Changing jobs on the fly ftw.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The story was interesting, though the actual plot was pretty much completely off-base from FFX's. I liked exploring the world a year after the first game, just seeing what was different, and the sidestory about the Crimson Legion was pretty darned keen. It took a while to get past the Charlie's Angels thing, and there were a few instances of Bubbly Barbie Yunie & Pals, but the game's tone becomes more serious as you progress.

I actually really enjoyed the sphere/job system. None of the girls had a specific proclivity towards any one sphere, so you could play Yuna as a dark knight, Paine as an alchemist, or Rikku as a Berserker, and be just fine. It took me a while to get into it more, but after getting past the initial stages of "Wow, Dark knight's Darkness is gee golly powerful!," there's a lot more depth and interesting stuff in the jobspheres. Mascots are pretty broken, I played through on them for a while capping them out before realizing that I might as well have 'sharked it, it was so absurdly easy. Started messing with spheres I hadn't considered before (trainer was kind of fun, gun mage is really good once you actually get spells, and lady luck with catnip is absurdly broken; seriously, average of 14-18 99,999 damage hits).

There are some fun parts to the game, and I rather enjoyed the closing to the game (except for HIGHER BROTHER OH GOD YES YES YES FASTER BROTHER YEEEEEES), and the real ending is worth playing it to 100% for if you got into the story of FFX at all. I never did beat Via Infinito, though (100% through second playthrough), and an Iron Duke would be nice to have if I ever play it again.

You can end FFX and move on with your life and be perfectly happy, but I don't regret the 140 or so hours I put into my two playthroughs of the game.

Though I NEVER want to hear Y R P again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The graphics and character designs were great. I love the snide comments they make when they change jobs; they can be pretty comical.

As to what was previously said, the story in the beginning is pretty weak. I don't really care for the whole "sphere" thing and the music is nothing too special. I think the battle system is where the game really shines, and the continuation of the FFX story (the ending had me almost in tears, at least, the good ending did).

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10 I aseriously love the battle system, though... it's by far the best ATB in any FF game, since various things can happen at the same time.

one funest games out there

storyline rocks play was fun

kind felt like barbies >_> o so wrong <_<

but it was over all fun

Greatest thing about the game is the battle system, don't deny that battles are fast, furious and fun. The story needed work, but then again it was pretty much pure fanservice, overall I didn't mind the game, made me laugh a few good times. I wish they used that battle system in another FF, like a FFV remake or something...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast