Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FF11 on ps3?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. SE needs to drop PS2 support for FFXI... now.
    never going to happen, unless when they are dropping all systems b/c they shutting down servers..lol

I think the ps2 limitation excuse is kinda bullshit because then the problems should be on ps2 users end mostly but it is on SE's end most of the time. The reason a pc player can't see more then 50 ppl at a time is because ps2 limitations? lmao no, think it is cause the servers are crappy <.<
    wait was it the reason because of inventory limitations? well items are stored server side...in fact most data about a character is....

Simply put they could make the servers better even if a ps2 player would still have some processing limitations.............
    They want the PS2 and PC versions to remain the same functionality. So, if it can't be done on the PS2, they won't do it on the PC.

I am sure people who play on pc would look at it with bias since thier game might run more smoothly if they lolstopped-ps2-support-cough-*
    But like i tried to say is your game would run more smoothly and have more capacities if the servers were better, bigger maybe.
    I have actually only heard them(SE-press) mention ps2 limitations once and it was about inventory room, like mogsafe quests. Coulda sworn they said they would try to work around it too. I mean they did implement these new mog-lockers after they said it too.
    Only other times i ever hear about people complaining with connection problems is when theres besieged or its AeryTime when theres 100-700 people in a zone..dynamis bug years back on ps2 ...which they worked around.
    Honestly you are just being too picky, the game already looks good enough to me. I hear world of warcraft has neater processing being on pc
    Take your cake and eat it too, peace

Instead of a ninja edit here again, here is another post.

While we are all on the main subject of cleaning up the game, let us just discontinues pc users too since some bot,hack,rmt,lolwindow. I am sure it is the greater of two evils.
    Enjoy your security with x-box onry then, untill microsft gets corrupted or somthing till they cheat with it, i mean, or till ps3 is slightly held back by it.

Are you...arguing against yourself?

Because I'm just stating facts.

well it wasn't an argument against you but more toward the idea of discontinuing ps2. like you said they struggled with the limitations but they still get the job done. unless you want to argue content and storyline...
    an opinion, about that, which is why i didn't quote anybody. although you seem to always want to take up the other side of an argument

They get the job done to a mediocre standard. I love the game but there are some very obvious and very severe limitations that are obvious to even those who aren't particularly pc-knowledgeable. For example, the lack of effect a good graphics card update has without updating your cpu -_-

As for your rebuttal of discontinuing PS2 due to hardware limitations by suggesting discontinuation of PC due to bots and hacks.... welcome to irreleventsville.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think mog house and inventory space is all planned. People buy mules and second characters to hold more items and SE know this (in the text of their census they mentioned that possible lv1 storage characters wouldn't be counted).

For me, a ps2 user, I have 80 spaces in mog, don't know how much in storage (Storage can get a lot of space if you're not going for moghancement), 60 in locker, and 60 on me. Now here's the kicker, I'm able to store seeming unlimited amount of items in my dbox. The downside is you must wait page after page to get to what you want but it works. Maybe this somehow avoid's the PS2's limited capacity or something by not showing everything at once. If people mean the 60 cap on the character, maybe SE don't want a mage to carry 100 extra hi-eithers or something.

Maybe the developers are just lazy and don't have time to add 5,000 poly count characters in the pc version, or crafting effects that makes your jaw drop. In my opinion, they probably don't want to. Just like they don't want to make ulli, and the 3 kings more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid
    I think mog house and inventory space is all planned. People buy mules and second characters to hold more items and SE know this (in the text of their census they mentioned that possible lv1 storage characters wouldn't be counted).

For me, a ps2 user, I have 80 spaces in mog, don't know how much in storage (Storage can get a lot of space if you're not going for moghancement), 60 in locker, and 60 on me. Now here's the kicker, I'm able to store seeming unlimited amount of items in my dbox. The downside is you must wait page after page to get to what you want but it works. Maybe this somehow avoid's the PS2's limited capacity or something by not showing everything at once. If people mean the 60 cap on the character, maybe SE don't want a mage to carry 100 extra hi-eithers or something.

Maybe the developers are just lazy and don't have time to add 5,000 poly count characters in the pc version, or crafting effects that makes your jaw drop. In my opinion, they probably don't want to. Just like they don't want to make ulli, and the 3 kings more accessible.
    DBox is handled on a different server. The PS2 limitation is that they can't display a list of more than 80 items at one time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What about when I'm in my mog house and am swiching items between my house and my inventory. That's 140 items. For locker that's 120, for safe it's whatever you have your safe to, or do you mean something different? Eh, oh well, it don't matter anyway. Darn PS2

What about when I'm in my mog house and am swiching items between my house and my inventory. That's 140 items. For locker that's 120, for safe it's whatever you have your safe to, or do you mean something different? Eh, oh well, it don't matter anyway. Darn PS2
    And each list has at most 80 items? Wow, amazing consistency.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well they are showing both at the same time is what I was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    And each list has at most 80 items? Wow, amazing consistency.
    I agree that they're only giving the ps2 limitation excuse because they like the extra income mules bring in. If the limitation really was 80 slots per list, they only need to split it up into multiple pages. I'm sure SE have considered this but just decided not to.

Xaru

DBox is handled on a different server. The PS2 limitation is that they can't display a list of more than 80 items at one time.
    The limitation is server-side (if there even is one). The PS2 is more than capable of displaying more than 80 lines of text + tiny icon.

fuck it, just discontinue ps2 since these fucking ppl need 5 extra inv space so damn badly, the sky is falling the sky is falling
    like it or not SE bit the bullet and released it on ps2 1st even though they already knew the machine's capabilities. Probably because they knew that was the limit of what they gonna give you anyway.

Delekii, you must be the town welcoming commitee, whoooooooooooosh
    it is bullshit, meaning it will never happen, you act like some fucking compu-dork on his pc is SE hisself, you really need mog quest 8 so bad for your 15 75jobs or somthing
    attention the world revolves around pc users
    when your LS's ps2 character w/ Ridill and years of rare/ex gear can't play because twats like you want more and more, then you would not singing the same song.
    As for the discontinuing the pc, i just did that to compare to show you it is stupid idea for the ps2 as well, der

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru
    The limitation is server-side (if there even is one). The PS2 is more than capable of displaying more than 80 lines of text + tiny icon.
    dont worry xaruuuu
    the topic has started to die since these guys just say same thing about ps2, SE doesn't even use the excuse anymore
    my lil bro plays on pc. i play on ps2.
    ps2 is faster in everything i have seen in the game other the dl'ing a patch from pol.
    i never seen nms pop purple, i never lag unless there is 700 in whitegate or isp is to blame, zones faster too..
    fucking limitations, now my ps2 can't go ssj and start botting

Banned.

BG Level

There is an edit button ;o.

Stop making stupid claims like this please. The fact is you don't know how they handle inventory pages, and there might very well be a limit. Unless you have intimate knowledge of how the PS2 version is implemented, you are being astoundingly ignorant.

Xaru

Stop making stupid claims like this please. The fact is you don't know how they handle inventory pages, and there might very well be a limit. Unless you have intimate knowledge of how the PS2 version is implemented, you are being astoundingly ignorant.
    Go and visit the Auction House and check the item lists in a category. The likelihood that they reused the code for displaying lists of items is extremely high and hideously obvious to anyone who has even a basic foundation in programming. The prime difference being that for your inventory, there will be flags on your server-side character data stating whether or not you have it (as well as additional info such as charges or the hidden stat for the Tredecim Scythe)

And an interesting fact is that you don't know how they handle it either. At least others attempt to rationalise their theories.

Go and visit the Auction House and check the item lists in a category. The likelihood that they reused the code for displaying lists of items is extremely high and hideously obvious to anyone who has even a basic foundation in programming. The prime difference being that for your inventory, there will be flags on your server-side character data stating whether or not you have it (as well as additional info such as charges or the hidden stat for the Tredecim Scythe)

And an interesting fact is that you don't know how they handle it either. At least others attempt to rationalise their theories.
    AH is handled on a different server. Different thing. Also, AH items are missing a lot of data--charges, signature, etc. You're browsing prototypes, not actual objects.

Xaru

AH is handled on a different server. Different thing. Also, AH items are missing a lot of data--charges, signature, etc. You're browsing prototypes, not actual objects.
    Yes there is additional data, however all the PS2 needs to do is display those things (not a big deal). The only additional load is the amount of information sent between the PS2 and the server, yet again I'm sure the PS2 is capable of receiving the signature and charge variables and displaying them more than 80 times in succession.

However, even if you're right and it can't display more than 80 items at once, why not just give us additional inventories?