Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FF11 on ps3?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FF11 on ps3?

cant seem to to find any info will FF11 work on ps3 anyone seen anything about this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

From what I've read, no, it will not.

Don't believe everything you read though.

Banned.

BG Level

ps3 will not be harddrive compatible

that is all.

Only compatible with PS3 IOUs

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they ported to PS3 we'd probably start hearing about BLU-RAY or XBOX360 limitations.

Banned.

BG Level

This isn't thready worthy.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ZAM

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

SE is tired of the PS2 limitations thing that sony screwed them over with already, so they arent putting it on the PS3
    and SE was tired of being dicked by sony, now that they started developing for other people theyve realized the joy of being able to make games again (see FF3 for DS, all the FFadvance games)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

uh, the xbox was out when FF11 came out for PS2, square knew the xbox was more powerful than the PS2, yet they still went with the least capable system

i doubt square is angry at sony for the PS2's lack of power, or angry at sony period, figuring FF13 is coming out for PS3, and not Xbox360

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    SE is tired of the PS2 limitations thing that sony screwed them over with already, so they arent putting it on the PS3
    and SE was tired of being dicked by sony, now that they started developing for other people theyve realized the joy of being able to make games again (see FF3 for DS, all the FFadvance games)
    Or, they are currently making a MMORPG just for PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    uh, the xbox was out when FF11 came out for PS2, square knew the xbox was more powerful than the PS2, yet they still went with the least capable system

i doubt square is angry at sony for the PS2's lack of power, or angry at sony period, figuring FF13 is coming out for PS3, and not Xbox360
    SE developed an XB version of FFXI but couldn't work out online/XBLive details with Microsoft. It eventually turned into the PC port.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    completely off topic, but since you mentioned it.

FF3 fucking owns. Get it, all of you.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I remember this one. FFXI came out on PS2 first (yea even before pc) because of the user base and Square's ties with Sony was just a bonus. Sure xbox was powerful (think about the xbox user base in japan at the time), but it's not like PS2 wasn't powerful also. PS2 isn't PSx or gameboy, come on. I think the limitation thing is just a cheap excuse for the FFXI developers or sage. PS2's limitations isn't the reason they ported the game to PC with sloppy code. They just rushed it.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Your sig is too big, OP

Quote Originally Posted by Ploid

I remember this one. FFXI came out on PS2 first (yea even before pc) because of the user base and Square's ties with Sony was just a bonus. Sure xbox was powerful (think about the xbox user base in japan at the time), but it's not like PS2 wasn't powerful also. PS2 isn't PSx or gameboy, come on. I think the limitation thing is just a cheap excuse for the FFXI developers or sage. PS2's limitations isn't the reason they ported the game to PC with sloppy code. They just rushed it.
    You're totally ignorant of the subject, so you shouldn't make statements like the above.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea I was replying to the quote in my post, and the ps2 limitation excuse. Not about FFXI compatibility on PS3. I should have quoted that two times to let you know.

I'm telling you for a fact that there are serious PS2 limitations that they must really be struggling against. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean they don't exist.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. SE needs to drop PS2 support for FFXI... now.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. SE needs to drop PS2 support for FFXI... now.
    Only if they intend to revamp it quite a bit, at least graphicly.

I think they should release it on the Wii(with no or little motion sensor suppot) if they drop the PS2, and update the graphics and maybe the engine a bit. Its hard to believe anyone in Japan who woudn't buy a Wii or Xbox360 for the game if they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko
    never going to happen, unless when they are dropping all systems b/c they shutting down servers..lol

I think the ps2 limitation excuse is kinda bullshit because then the problems should be on ps2 users end mostly but it is on SE's end most of the time. The reason a pc player can't see more then 50 ppl at a time is because ps2 limitations? lmao no, think it is cause the servers are crappy <.<
    wait was it the reason because of inventory limitations? well items are stored server side...in fact most data about a character is....

Simply put they could make the servers better even if a ps2 player would still have some processing limitations.............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast