Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Just to clear up - its not 5% potency to enfeebles. Its 5% potency to damage spells, and an (suspected/semi proved) similar boost to all spells accuracy. That said, accuracy is the most important thing when it comes to enfeebles.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yea I had realized that before I started typing, but if I had started talking about 5% Magic acc or MAB (K. Hatsuburi) I would've had to break my own fingers.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Quote Originally Posted by shieldsofwindurst
    Also, try getting a competent blm or 2 as your primary sleepers in dynamis sometime. All of a sudden your rdms are freed up to spam stun on nins & mnks, enfeeble pets, do backup healing, etc etc. All at the cost of 1 blm who can still nuke statues.
    How about BLMs stun MNKs and NINs AND nuke. WHMs heal like they should and can. BLMs help sleep if needed, usually it's not needed tho.

I didn't say I land 95%, I don't even have a parser so idk wtf I do. Just saying I seem to do pretty well with my "gimp" gear. What do you do when your 1-2 "reliable" BLMs go down, same as we do when 1-2 of our reliable RDMs go down. To each their own, our way works fine and I'm sure your does too.

My BLM may not have every single piece of gear but it is far from gimp. Think what you will, HQ gear isn't everything.

edit: btw, my ls is rdm heavy and blm light, dunno if that changes things
    BLM do shit dmg in dyna. It's better than standing still when you have mp to burn, but you should still use it for sleeping stuff first

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    BLM do shit dmg in dyna. It's better than standing still when you have mp to burn, but you should still use it for sleeping stuff first
    Well, blms are good for spike dmg in finishing off mobs, manaburning pets, sleep-nuking NM Orcs, etc. Obviously depends on the LS (i.e. nvm for manaburn ls's). But yes, blms should not be your primary source of dmg on the regular mobs. If your puller is competent and your melees cut through the mobs like grass like they should, then any blm not engaged in sleeping should be able to in general nuke statues > rest to full > nuke statues > rest to full & repeat.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I didn't have sleepga2 until 72 or so. That was like a month ago.
    /disgusted
    I still only have 3 AMs. And my rings are made of win.
    At least you finally upgraded your pants

Fudge aroud it all you want dude, a BLM or RDM without a Pluto's is pretty fucking gimp in my eyes.
    I only bought a HQ dark staff this month, and honestly the difference it makes is minimal. I haven't noticed any diff in my sleep rate between NQ and HQ staff, but I noticed a jump when I went from warlock>duelist's chapeau.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I only bought a HQ dark staff this month, and honestly the difference it makes is minimal. I haven't noticed any diff in my sleep rate between NQ and HQ staff, but I noticed a jump when I went from warlock>duelist's chapeau.
    +5 skill made a difference? How much would you say? I'm legitimately curious. And from what skill level to what skill level?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

+5 skill made a difference? How much would you say? I'm legitimately curious. And from what skill level to what skill level?
    +15 skill. I didn't have a crimson mask before I got duelist. The difference it made was I could finally wear minimalistic gear (like only have to take dalm to dynamis instead of pulling out AF1/crimsonerrant/etc) and sleep stuff. It was the exact same jump between sleeping in errant body, and sleeping using af1 body. I have no room so my AF1 stays in the NPC eternally (yep, I miss my fast cast alot) .

+15 skill. I didn't have a crimson mask before I got duelist.
    Right, sorry. It's very easy to misread "elemental" as "enfeebling" on somepage at 5AM.

I have no room so my AF1 stays in the NPC eternally (yep, I miss my fast cast alot) .
    Yeah, I hear that. Fucking ps2.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    wtf?

Pluto's is a waste of gil for BLM?

Quit the game, please.
    Sleepga2 isn't BLM specific and doesn't help in Dyna.
    Sleepga2 isnt BLM specific? Huh?

Sleepga2 doesnt help in Dynamis? HUH?

Please tell me, where in the game is sleepga2 of MORE use than in an area where you are fighting to stay alive against hordes of mobs that are very strong, can only be handled in small numbers but come in large numbers, and are easily sleepable by BLMs. ?
    It was once said In my dynamis LS, By the Leader no less (Trust me I'm not proud)

-- BLM ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SLEEP, ITS RDM JOB ONLY --

She was completly serious... Until 2 runs later when she asked why no mobs were being slept, and one of the best BLM's in the shell had left.

Just wanted to throw that in there... /semi-derail

Pluto and Jupiters are the end all be all of BLM staves...

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Just to clear up - its not 5% potency to enfeebles. Its 5% potency to damage spells, and an (suspected/semi proved) similar boost to all spells accuracy. That said, accuracy is the most important thing when it comes to enfeebles.
    I've done Dynamis-Jeuno with an earth staff before and took Pluto's out of my sleep macro. At least I tried to. I put Pluto's back in my macro after half an hour because the difference is dramatic.

Yeah, if you don't have a pluto's, and you have a genie weskit...there's something screwed up in your head. It's not that dark staff can't cut it (it's perfectly fine if you're just getting to 75 and blm is your first job to 75), but to have an tier 0 HQ that is nothing more than epenis and not have a full set of HQ staves is just fucking ludicris. There is no piece of equipment in the game save ridill/dring that is a bigger leap ahead of the next best item than an HQ stave set, and not having at least 6/8 as a blm is fail...especially if you're sporting a genie weskit. Hell, I'm not even just talking about sleep, drain and aspir are pretty damn useful in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Yeah, if you don't have a pluto's, and you have a genie weskit...there's something screwed up in your head. It's not that dark staff can't cut it (it's perfectly fine if you're just getting to 75 and blm is your first job to 75), but to have an tier 0 HQ that is nothing more than epenis and not have a full set of HQ staves is just fucking ludicris. There is no piece of equipment in the game save ridill/dring that is a bigger leap ahead of the next best item than an HQ stave set, and not having at least 6/8 as a blm is fail...especially if you're sporting a genie weskit. Hell, I'm not even just talking about sleep, drain and aspir are pretty damn useful in their own right.
    Its ok, in his dynamis shell every one else aspirs plenty so he doesn't need to.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Also, try getting a competent blm or 2 as your primary sleepers in dynamis sometime. All of a sudden your rdms are freed up to spam stun on nins & mnks, enfeeble pets, do backup healing, etc etc. All at the cost of 1 blm who can still nuke statues.
    How about BLMs stun MNKs and NINs AND nuke. WHMs heal like they should and can. BLMs help sleep if needed, usually it's not needed tho.

I didn't say I land 95%, I don't even have a parser so idk wtf I do. Just saying I seem to do pretty well with my "gimp" gear. What do you do when your 1-2 "reliable" BLMs go down, same as we do when 1-2 of our reliable RDMs go down. To each their own, our way works fine and I'm sure your does too.

My BLM may not have every single piece of gear but it is far from gimp. Think what you will, HQ gear isn't everything.

edit: btw, my ls is rdm heavy and blm light, dunno if that changes things
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...XI/dynamis.gif
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...I/470drain.jpg
    (I have had a 491 drain @ dyna, no screenshot)

the aspirs and drains are pretty constant, I use diabolos pole and obi, and MAB gear.
    the damage on the other hand isn't, I get unresisted on the stats bout 1/50 times. (once or 2x a run)
    As far as resistance on the normal mobs, its the other way around, I get resisted maybe once or twice a run.

I have to be honest, that have not used pluto/obi in dyna before, (got diabolos pole before hq dark, never thought of changing macros)

I would like to hear some support on Pluto's > diabolos pole, even if just a link to another thread. (tried a search, dismal findings)

lol, I don't know how you can even argue that Pluto's Staff isn't essential. BLM should always be sleeping in Dynamis no matter what the situation is. Sleepga II lasts longer than any other Sleep spell and if you're not casting it you are just plain stupid. Sure RDM and BRD can sleep, but as soon as the mobs wake (maybe less than a minute later) that BRD will be killed even before RDMs or BLMs have time to resleep.

As for Sleep accuracy, especially in Dynamis Xarc, I highly doubt Judai could make due in a situation where he needed to pull through on spell acc. Especially when the pull has multiple PLDs in it. My enfeebling gear is pretty much the best you can get for BLM minus Altruistic Cape and HQ JSE Head and Legs, putting me @ 276 enfeebling with no merits on enfeebling skill. My sleeps are maybe 70% consistent, but usually always have trouble sleeping PLDs (resist sleep ftl), so I save ES for them. If you are BLM main and you're meritting anything other than Elemental Skill, I don't understand that at all, BLM have more than enough gear available to compensate for our poor enfeebling skill and unless you have capped enfeebling merits you won't get much benefit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Goso
    the aspirs and drains are pretty constant, I use diabolos pole and obi, and MAB gear.
    You actively swap in MAB gear for drain & aspir? Instead of, or in addition to, dark skill gear?

I would like to hear some support on Pluto's > diabolos pole, even if just a link to another thread. (tried a search, dismal findings)
    I would too, but I've never seen any hard evidence in either direction. Historically people have always just said something along the lines of "I got diabolos's, it didn't do anything for me over Pluto's, so I tossed it". When everyone across all forums says that, you pretty much accept it. There was one guy a few months back who claimed better performance with diabolos right after an update, but pressed for proof/screenshots/any kind of support he gave nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    If you are BLM main and you're meritting anything other than Elemental Skill, I don't understand that at all, BLM have more than enough gear available to compensate for our poor enfeebling skill and unless you have capped enfeebling merits you won't get much benefit at all.
    Well, I think there might be some validity to partial meriting. Just yesterday I forgot to refresh signet before dynamis bubu, and at with normal base enfeebling 278 + pluto + obi, with only a loss of 7 from no MC Bracelets, I had a noticeable loss of sleep potency. If a loss of 7 hurts that much, I have to ask how much a boost of another 6 would help.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

You actively swap in MAB gear for drain & aspir? Instead of, or in addition to, dark skill gear?
    Yes, all my slots that don't have a DRK+ slot, I have MAB+ if possible.

I don't have all the drk+ stuff I would want, but its what I got.
    in full drk+ gear I have 306skill in dark (+37) and a MAB of +21

Doing a dyna run tonight, I will try hq staff instead of pole, and see if there is a difference

I always bought into the pluto's > diabolos pole argument myself, until I saw this. With Pluto's staff and triple conditions, the highest possible non-MBed aspir should be capped at 186 MP, the fact that this is 193 indicates that either diabolos pole increases it by a factor greater than 15%, allows you to break the cap similar to stone gorget with stoneskin, or both.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I was wondering why people were arguing about pluto's staff when it used to be only 100k-200k (I had to buy it twice for my monk because I accidentally dropped it once but both times years apart they were less than 150k)
    But I just checked the AH and it seems prices skyrocketed on it, I guess it might be all the new xbox players or more likely all those RMT manaburn alliances

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    I was wondering why people were arguing about pluto's staff when it used to be only 100k-200k (I had to buy it twice for my monk because I accidentally dropped it once but both times years apart they were less than 150k)
    But I just checked the AH and it seems prices skyrocketed on it, I guess it might be all the new xbox players or more likely all those RMT manaburn alliances
    What planet are you from? Just curious.