Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

Random Idea for a New Expansion

I'd make 3 zones, Zone 1 leads to > Zone 2 leads to > Zone 3.

Zone 3 would have a new HNM camp. The HNM would repop, (pulled this outta nowhere) every 10 hours. It would have a high drop rate on 1 big ticket item. The big ticket item would be on the value level of Ridill or Haidate. That drop wouldn't be rare or ex. It would be equipable by most if not all jobs, and it would be an item anyone would want. I'd definately want other treasure to drop as well, so if you didn't get the big ticket item, there's synthesis materials or some rare/ex equips.

Zone 1 & 2 I would make a town. The idea for this town is a mix of an old western ghost town & The Land of Summoned Monsters from FFIV.
    http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/s...secrets/s5.gif

In this town, the NPC's would be dominantly monsters. The town would have an auction house, a redevous point, delivery NPC, but no Mog House. Aside from the monster NPCs there would be actual monsters you could fight, which would offer great merit party potential, also there would be either monsters or NM's that popped very frequently, or force pop NM's that would be excellent for farming gil. There'd be a large number of quests there as well as missions all with great rewards. You wouldn't be able to chocobo, but you would be able to use signal pearl in the city.

These 2 city zones would be open PvP. Unlike ballista you wouldn't get temp items or be able to /quarry. It would be a lawless zone. If you die, you would lose exp, and the person who killed you would receive 10% of the exp you lost rounded down. Rounded down so that couldn't be abused. You would be able to use a signal pearl in the city and they could assist you in PK or for great justice. It would be a virtual war zone to get to the HNM camp. You would have HNM LS's killing each other, maybe even LS pacts, or city pacts. PK LS, NA vs JP, PK LS vs Anti PKs, random acts of PK, fighting over all the good things the city & HNM zone have to offer. If a LS disrespects you or steals an HNM from you, intercept them in the city. If you don't like RMTs monopolizing the camp, you could hunt RMTs. Alot of possabilities, and it's an idea that could be grown.

Zone 3 would be safe, there'd be no PKing there, but to get to it, you crawl through a warzone. You could even make it so there's like 4 garlaige citadel type switches to open a gate to get to Zone 3, but the switches would all be spread out over Zone 2.

Think about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

your sig is the best part about this post.

you'd love Lineage 2.

New Merits
    BG Level

What don't you get about it Del? If you'd read the topic before reverting to the witless sterotypical forum pics, then maybe you'd have a real reply to write.

Now I'm hungry for pancakes

Quote Originally Posted by Gares
    What don't you get about it Del? If you'd read the topic before reverting to the witless sterotypical forum pics, then maybe you'd have a real reply to write.
    I did read the topic - I then replied in a manner that I thought suited it perfectly.

I understand the theorey in general - I just dont understand how anyone could possibly think its a good idea

New Merits
    BG Level

Maybe you'd show us a good idea, from your own extensive experience.

If my idea offends your ego and lacks good creativity, show me a better way to entertain ppl in FFXI. Bunnys with pancakes on their heads doesn't = asses in seats. Maybe your ass, not mine. That's the problem with the internet though, if someone doesn't like your idea, they almost never 1 up you, they try to take you down a peg for having an idea. Screw that noise.

If you're not going to offer any idea, or say what's wrong with it, or how you'd do it better why even post?

I'd rather have the pancake bunnies than people slaughtering me repeatedly for 240 xp a pop (rounded down, of course)

New Merits
    BG Level

If you don't wanna gamble the exp you don't go to the zone. If you don't wanna farm dynamis you don't go, it's that simple.

There are already plenty of areas that never get used - why dont you just visit Purgonurgo Isle? It would give you the same gaming experience as what you just described. Not a person in sight.

Really though, half the draw of FFXI is that you dont have to put up with fuckhead morons who enjoy PVP at the sake of other peoples enjoyment. Having one of the best items in the game only being available to those willing to put themselves at the mercy of said morons (Exhibit A: WOW PVP Worlds) is a terrible idea. We already know that in the face of potential monetary or itemary gain, people take a step down in the moral ladder - this would be no different.

New Merits
    BG Level

So you're claiming, the flaw of my idea, is that nobody would use the zones? Because of the risk involved? You're saying as a whole the FFXI community is too pussy to step into the zone? That's your arguement?

We already know that in the face of potential monetary or itemary gain, people take a step down in the moral ladder - this would be no different.
    You're saying here that man has the capacity for evil? I think we're all well aware that some people are willing to play dirty to get ahead. Hell people bot & cheat & flee hack. Bots. exploits, & hacks are there for no other reason than for cheating.

I don't think PK is the same as using cheats, it would almost be a way to combat cheats, if you suspect someone is a bot, don't let em enter the HNM zone. Think someone's an RMT, lay waste to them if they enter the city. Guy talks alot of big talk, see if he can back it up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Like a month back, I was detrimentally bored and I went off in search of an adventure.

Long story short ended up on the mana clipper to one of those islands that offers absolutely nothing to any part of the game whatsoever. Was really nice scenery, lol.

Now the real joy of this post? It's about as useful overall as the entire OP.

So you're claiming, the flaw of my idea, is that nobody would use the zones? Because of the risk involved? You're saying as a whole the FFXI community won't risk their Exp to get a reward? That's your arguement?
    You arent asking people to risk their xp for the sake of a reward. You are asking to people to place their xp in the hands of people who are after the same result as they are for the sake of reward.

In such a zone, who in their RIGHT MIND wouldn't kill anyone who was fighting the monster, let alone standing around doing nothing. Its not a matter of risking your xp, risk implies some chance that you can avoid it. You are basically asking people to SACRIFICE their xp for the sake at a chance of maybe getting the item. Getting the item is the risk, not losing xp - thats a certainty.

Why do your posts change like 10 times before people reply?

Anyway, here's what you'd get:

RMT make it through the 'warzone' and camp the safe zone 3 24/7. They can monopolize it because they never have to leave, while legitimate players must make the trek each time.

BLMs duo/trio and ga3 anyone who walks by for an easy 240 xp. It's better than Sea, with no risk and enemies with significantly less HP than normal.

If you die once, you're screwed forever. Raise 3? Aw crap one-shotted. Raise 3? Aw crap one-shotted again.
    Hmm... 240xp a kill? Time to get one of those lvl 75 mules that quit the game and rape him over and over for 100k XP an hour. (at least)

And those flaws only took me 5 minutes to think of.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

this topic is 1 posts too many

New Merits
    BG Level

It's my theory that during the birth of the zone, it would be a warzone, overtime though it could evolve into something more. Pacts, treaties, LS mergers, street justice, PK LS vs Anti PK LS. It has potential and the idea of mine isn't written in stone. Again though lots of people are alot more willing to destroy an idea than add onto it, or change it. That's the internet for ya. 20 people waiting to shoot down any idea that doesn't sound as if it came from the lips of God himself.

I've played games with PKing in it and it keeps things interesting, it's not just completing all the content in an update than waiting/bitching for the next one. Or camping NMs for 3 hours to lose claim to RMT/Bot. There's always that risk, and because of that people act accordingly. Takes some people down a peg, I think that's a good thing. I definately acknowledge the fact that not everyone is able to handle a PK zone. That's why it wouldn't be changing all of FFXI just adding zones that offer more flavor. If you aren't into it, don't do it. Let the people that are enjoy.

http://www.lineage2.com/
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

I know its what everyone always says, but they say it for a reason. FFXI is good because you dont ever HAVE to put up with shithead pkers to achieve a goal, ever. You say if you dont want to do it, dont, but it isnt that simple. This game is an item-heavy game. If the item is worth getting, then people will feel forced to partake. If its not worth getting, then its purgonurgo fever, party for one.

Ballista is a perfect balance of controlled and downplayed PvP. It takes a great deal of skill, good teamplay, and above all, is totally avoidable without any detriment to one's character.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is one of the few ideas I see posted that actually essentially benefit RMTs.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    This is one of the few ideas I see posted that actually essentially benefit RMTs.
    no, Bob, you missed it

overtime though it could evolve into something more. Pacts, treaties, LS mergers, street justice, PK LS vs Anti PK LS
    STREET JUSTICE!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast