+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    If your giving 2 handed swords to most of your guys, who do you recomend for shield?
    nobody, most of the good 2h swords have +30 or more evasion anyway

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Notorious Monsters and FF12

Quote Originally Posted by theo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    Also, please include any other info about the similiarities between 12 and our cherished 11.
    So, last night I found this NM and got some awesome loot, equipped it to my main character.

Five seconds later the NPC controlled character in my party sent me a /tell bitching about how she deserved it and she had more "credits" then me or some such nonsense.

Yeah, its like that.
    lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by theo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    Also, please include any other info about the similiarities between 12 and our cherished 11.
    So, last night I found this NM and got some awesome loot, equipped it to my main character.

Five seconds later the NPC controlled character in my party sent me a /tell bitching about how she deserved it and she had more "credits" then me or some such nonsense.

Yeah, its like that.
    Just be glad that when you went up to fight the mob that a dozen characters with names like Phuirehuivcuigfhebvdui and Zhiognjsbfsdipg didn't gank the mob from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Phuirehuivcuigfhebvdui and Zhiognjsbfsdipg
    rofl

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    is anyone dying ALOT? I mean like, ALOT? My characters seem to be of level and have decent gear...but I get killed so easily.
    Where are you? :D

The only monsters that would repeatedly kill me are the ones I failed to activate Libra and 'check' before engaging, like that fucking t-rex right outside of town (who doesn't aggro until you attack it btw.)
    like the walls owned the shit out of me...
    The demon wall?

SPOILERS

Run.

No, really, run. :D

You can kill it but it's really, really hard to do that.
    Response to spoilers

I finally beat it after dying 5384953789523759827 times. I ran from the first but you can't run from the second. Had to use like all my LPs and get quickenings though >_>
    Spoiler strategy on this wall on how to kill. The reward listed below

I went back to the save point before approaching the wall. I went through and grinded until I was 20/21. I had one ether I found in a chest. Then I wen tto the NPC outside of the tomb and the wine that puts a guy in berseer. Vaan, Bash and Fran have quickinings unlocked for me, Vaan and Fraan have level 2 ones unlocked.

I basically did this fight like an Animated weapon from XI lol. I started off by shutting off all my gambits. Then I put my guy into zerk mode. Then I ran in front of the wall to trigger it. Once into the fight I immedietly throw down a mist combo. This is where luck REALLY comes into play for two parts. The first combo is the first lucky thing u have to hit. My personal best was a 10 combo quicking for nearly 75% of his health. Then the next part is where u hope to god to get real lucky. I constently hit charge and saved my ether for the lacky with the unlucky charge. Remember running around also gives mp, hence why my gambits are off. I dont want them auto attacking. If your lucky you can get another mist off.

My win conisisted of a 8 combo start. Then I started to charge and one of my quicking members got teled. I got very lucky on the charges and did another combo but I blew that with only a x2. But he was down to like 15%. So I popped the ether on Vaan and tried to walk as fast as possible to get mp. I set the other guy to attack. I was one mp from my next quicking and I won.... My zerged guest had beat his ass down.

Was an awespme feeling. Now about the rewards:

There is a path open AFTEr you beat both walls. Youll see where it starts via c/s. At the end of the path there is a chest and its random for crappy item/gil/ UBER sword for that point of the game. I saved after the bosses and kept re-opening the chest until I got the Demonsbane (The only reason I knew it dropped that, I felt compelled to kill that optional boss somehow. I didnt want to waste my time so I at least looked up the reward)

The sword was worth the effort, about this time I was playing with sword that had a base dmg of around 20-35. This has 59. Im now at this point in the game. Im running around the tomb nearly one shotting things with this sword XD.

I did not read the guide since I didn't want to be spoiled, but have a question.
    Is this Wall something I will run into as part of the main story, or is it a Hunt or what? I just see so much discussion regarding it. Also, how far into the game is the fight?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    is anyone dying ALOT? I mean like, ALOT? My characters seem to be of level and have decent gear...but I get killed so easily.
    Where are you? :D

The only monsters that would repeatedly kill me are the ones I failed to activate Libra and 'check' before engaging, like that fucking t-rex right outside of town (who doesn't aggro until you attack it btw.)
    The T-Rex doesn't aggro cause he eats the wolves around him and gets his fill of blood/food
    LoL, I'm going to get a memory card tonight so I can actually start playing but I found the T-Rex both times playing through without saving. Last night I was farming wolves trying to pop the NM and the T-Rex like ran up and ate the wolf as I was fighting it, I freaked out thinking it would aggro and ran with R2 like a little girl lol. I was so scared lmao. "The Wind Daksjflakf blood rages on the wolf" or something like that haha. This game is so much like FFXI only better XD. I can't wait to finally start progressing.

There is a wall in KRT (no, really, KRT) that will start moving once you get to a certain point in the tomb. You have plenty of time to notice it since there is a cutscene showing the wall and stuff like that, but it is part of the main storyline. You have to trigger that wall spawn to be able to go to the next area and actually do what you need to do in the zone. It's hard to explain exactly without saying anything that would semi-spoil it but the short answer to your question is: Yes.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The wall is easy if you:

Buy the Immune: Blind accessory from the Item guy outside and equip them on all 3 guys. Level 21 and I killed him np before it even got halfway (2nd one, ran from first).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

The wall is easy if you:

Buy the Immune: Blind accessory from the Item guy outside and equip them on all 3 guys. Level 21 and I killed him np before it even got halfway (2nd one, ran from first).

Maybe because I was level 14 I had trouble rofl I'm at the mines now and they're giving me lots of trouble too u.u

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The wall is easy if you:

Maybe because I was level 14 I had trouble rofl I'm at the mines now and they're giving me lots of trouble too u.u
    Pro Tip for the Mines: Let the guest character do the bulk of the healing for your party. He has un-fword-limited potions and hi-potions. Just be sure to head back for the save point every once in a while, the skeletons do blood aggro and if you get overwhelmed (or do what I did a billion times and wander into traps mid-battle) nothing will save you.

Or just grind more It'd seem.

Leave it to FF11 to train everyone to mindlessly kill thousands of the same mob over and over and over and still be content. We will all own ff12.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Leave it to FF11 to train everyone to mindlessly kill thousands of the same mob over and over and over and still be content. We will all own ff12.
    Did you never play FFV?

or FFIV? If you don't grind a good 5-10 levels before you go to the Moon, you have no chance at survival.
    Hai2u Behemoths as random encounters.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Grinding and farming certainly isn't unique to FFXI, I guess that's why so many people don't mind it as much as others.

I'm in the Henne mines or something and just got rocked because I hit this gate switch and like 10 Flans jumped out and owned me, I don't know if there was even a door open I could have run away through.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Grinding and farming certainly isn't unique to FFXI, I guess that's why so many people don't mind it as much as others.

I'm in the Henne mines or something and just got rocked because I hit this gate switch and like 10 Flans jumped out and owned me, I don't know if there was even a door open I could have run away through.
    LOL that happened to me too!!! (I'm at the boss of it now, won't spoil what it is) and I used a quickening of inferno and they all died...then 4 more dropped down and raped me. I was so pissed hahah

The second wall isn't remotely as hard as the first one. Nobody should really have any trouble with the second one...the first one though, is really hard. My guys are all level 18 and I can't even do 25% of the wall's total life damage before it kills me. Then again, I am not using quickening combos so it might be a bit easier (probably even required since it's a timed fight).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

LOL that happened to me too!!! (I'm at the boss of it now, won't spoil what it is) and I used a quickening of inferno and they all died...then 4 more dropped down and raped me. I was so pissed hahah
    I don't have any quickenings working. Actually only ones I have unlocked are on the 3 char's I don't use, heh.

But this is going to re-ask the question I had in the other topic. When I get a quickening on one character, that block can no longer be accessed by my other characters. Does this effect what quickenings I can get? I'm unsure of what to do with them.

Re-entering the mines, went and finished the rank 2 hunts in Raba-town and got beaten by the rank 3 Ring Wyrm (though I got him halfway). Level 26ish, got a golden amulet for Vaan and he has learned the hp+500 license lol 2.2k hp when Basch is at like 1600.

I don't have any quickenings working. Actually only ones I have unlocked are on the 3 char's I don't use, heh.

But this is going to re-ask the question I had in the other topic. When I get a quickening on one character, that block can no longer be accessed by my other characters. Does this effect what quickenings I can get? I'm unsure of what to do with them.

Re-entering the mines, went and finished the rank 2 hunts in Raba-town and got beaten by the rank 3 Ring Wyrm (though I got him halfway). Level 26ish, got a golden amulet for Vaan and he has learned the hp+500 license lol 2.2k hp when Basch is at like 1600.
    No. Each character gets specific Quickenings, and the first one they learn is their own, no matter which Quickening block you learn it from. Ditto for 2nd and 3rd.

Edit: lol. I just one-shotted the mandatory Demon Wall for 12144. <3 Quickening combos.