FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Grinding and farming certainly isn't unique to FFXI, I guess that's why so many people don't mind it as much as others.

I'm in the Henne mines or something and just got rocked because I hit this gate switch and like 10 Flans jumped out and owned me, I don't know if there was even a door open I could have run away through.
    LOL that happened to me too!!! (I'm at the boss of it now, won't spoil what it is) and I used a quickening of inferno and they all died...then 4 more dropped down and raped me. I was so pissed hahah
    I don't have any quickenings working. Actually only ones I have unlocked are on the 3 char's I don't use, heh.

But this is going to re-ask the question I had in the other topic. When I get a quickening on one character, that block can no longer be accessed by my other characters. Does this effect what quickenings I can get? I'm unsure of what to do with them.

Re-entering the mines, went and finished the rank 2 hunts in Raba-town and got beaten by the rank 3 Ring Wyrm (though I got him halfway). Level 26ish, got a golden amulet for Vaan and he has learned the hp+500 license lol 2.2k hp when Basch is at like 1600.
    No. Each character gets specific Quickenings, and the first one they learn is their own, no matter which Quickening block you learn it from. Ditto for 2nd and 3rd.

Edit: lol. I just one-shotted the mandatory Demon Wall for 12144. <3 Quickening combos.
    Ok cool, I was hoping it was like that. Just means only thing to restart for is zodiac spear, I think...

I cant figure out quickenings what so ever. I am just unleashing them and it keeps saying out of time I did get one off but it didn't chain with the other guy.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    I cant figure out quickenings what so ever. I am just unleashing them and it keeps saying out of time I did get one off but it didn't chain with the other guy.
    When you're doing them if another character in your party has one then their name will appear in the bottom right corner in either white or grey. If they're in white, then their name might have a button next to it (circle, square, triangle, X) and if you press that button then the attacks will chain hit into a really good combo.

If the names are all in grey at the bottom then hit R2 to try to shuffle the names and make them appear white with a button next to it.

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but it can be frustrating too when you don't hit the button in time, or no one decides to chain with you.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Ok, help me out here. I've killed 3 Named monsters so far - Greeden on the south bank, the fish Razorfin in the sewers, and the cockatrice Nekhbet in Estersands (none are "hunts" - just random named mobs).

None of these mobs have dropped anything, and the fish I basically one-shotted so I didn't have a chance to steal. The cockatrice I missed probably 25 steals on and gave up, and Greedle was too tough for my party of 12X3+13 to do anything but full attack on.

I see from a Gamefaqs.com listing that all these mobs have drops and stuff you can steal from, but now that I've killed them can I ever fight them again? Is this game seriously setup where you have to keep reverting to a save point and spam killing NMs hoping that you'll get the drop randomly? If so that seems really stupid. I tried repopping Nekhbet but he didn't reappear. And what do the "rarity" stars mean in the beastiary under the mob's description?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Am i the only one amused that most non-boss mobs (marks or named) have a rage mode when they get at low hp? Whether is be attacking super fast all of a sudden, or spamming some homo spell etc

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Am i the only one amused that most non-boss mobs (marks or named) have a rage mode when they get at low hp? Whether is be attacking super fast all of a sudden, or spamming some homo spell etc
    Yeah and their defense goes through the roof. I know nidhog has a regen that kicks in and his str must go up at least 10 points. Went from lvl 10 mob to a lvl 18 mob by the end of the fight. Oh and I did find something that I just cant stand ..... the only way to wake up someone is with a timeclock I dont think esuna works

monsters are reset in a zone when you zone away twice (go to a zone not directly connected by a zoneline)

and esuna does work for sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    monsters are reset in a zone when you zone away twice (go to a zone not directly connected by a zoneline)

and esuna does work for sleep
    Ah yeah just noticed it does I think its oil that it wont work on

If anyone is down on cash early on, I found a good place to get some.
    In Lhusu Mines, right at the 2 zones there are only Skeletons there. You can easily get 100+ Chains for alot of exp and items. They drop:
    Dark Crystal(Rock? Ore? Something): 35g (real common)
    Bone Fragment(can steal it too): 190g (Eh, sorta common)
    Iron Helms: 700g(Not real common, see alot more when you have Chain level 4). I got around 20k in 20 minutes.

Good for getting Techniks early on.

Theres also this Bat NM a bit before it. Aerieel I think. Killed it twice, nothing on each. Stole a Bat wing though. Whats it drop mainly?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    In Lhusu Mines, right at the 2 zones there are only Skeletons there. You can easily get 100+ Chains for alot of exp and items. They drop:
    Iron Helms: 700g(Not real common, see alot more when you have Chain level 4). I got around 20k in 20 minutes.

Theres also this Bat NM a bit before it. Aerieel I think. Killed it twice, nothing on each. Stole a Bat wing though. Whats it drop mainly?
    There are bats there too.

I found it much better to go after Succulent Fruit, from the red mandras in the first sandsea zone west of the westersand gate crystal. 350g+ each.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Can you go back to the wall later in the game, I just killed the boss in the Tomb and am about to leave, but don't wanna if I can't come back for a while.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade

I've fought Aerieel three times so far. I think chaining bats will pop it... but I haven't been able to steal anything from it and the only drop I've gotten is a bat wing.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

same on that bat, nothing shiny ; ;

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

According to the strat guide, you can steal only a bat wing. It drops something called Golden Armor: Body Piece, Heavy Armor 4, 20 DEF., 4 STR.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wish there was a database with all the NM drop stats, so I'd know which was worth camping and which wasn't... but there's no way I'm dropping $25 on a guide. =\

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you messed up opening chests, you dont need to restart to get the Zodiac Spear. It's just that you now need to waste a retarded amount of time to get it. There's a chest in a dungeon that has a 1/10 chance of being an item (instead of gil), a 1/10 chance of that item being a rare item, and a 1/10 chance of that rare item being the Zodiac Spear. Luckily, you can simply grab the chest, zone, and itll repop. Essentially on average you will need to open it 1000 times to get the spear. (lolCoPteam)

But yes, you can get more than one Zodiac Spear by doing this over and over.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Res
    According to the strat guide, you can steal only a bat wing. It drops something called Golden Armor: Body Piece, Heavy Armor 4, 20 DEF., 4 STR.
    At least the bat wing sells for about 600 gil.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias
    Quote Originally Posted by Res
    At least the bat wing sells for about 600 gil.
    i remember spending 4 hours killing about 30 of that bat without a drop... fuckin LoO in a bat suit

Ridill
    BG Level

Re: Notorious Monsters and FF12

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Phuirehuivcuigfhebvdui and Zhiognjsbfsdipg
    rofl
    this is one of those folks with more time to play than us

i.e. in sky or kuftal 24/7

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3.../skdfhksdh.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level