+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PS3 and Wii question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

PS3 and Wii question

I have asked this in the past but my long term memory fails,

(?) Would PS3 and Wii support games from other reigons? such as PAL japanese games working on NTSC or viseversa?

I really need to know this so i dont end up buying 2 of each ; ;

thanks ppl

Wii apparently no.
    PS3 apparently yes. But lol @ suing importers.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

I don't know the answer to that question but word has it that you've been mia due to another mmorpg, how I miss out chats....

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer
    I don't know the answer to that question but word has it that you've been mia due to another mmorpg, how I miss out chats....
    DIE i ll never quit this soon

i moved back to japan again, i was on a break to augest, now im trying to get back to ffxi when i get a proper pc or somethin:/

anyways back to topic,
    aurik do you have any sources or links u could hook me up with? i believe you but i want to read more about it..

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yaay :D

Just won the auction on a PS3 from a shop for $600
    and to match it, won the auction on a Bravia X2500 Sony TV 8)

Happy Happy flap flap

Nintendo HAS confirmed their first party games will be region free, and that they will leave it up to the third party companies to decide if they want to or not. So the Wii system itself, will support any region it would seem.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Nintendo HAS confirmed their first party games will be region free, and that they will leave it up to the third party companies to decide if they want to or not. So the Wii system itself, will support any region it would seem.
    I thought they took it back?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i need a confirmation because im in a position that i will buy the japanese wii if its reigon free, and if it wasnt ill end up buying another system

:/

Do you live in Japan? Why would you not buy the American system and import Japanese games? I am sure if you do a quick search you can find the confirmation. But Nintendo HAS come out and said that.

edit - Nvm I see your location now.
    The Japan system should play American first party games, thats all thats been confirmed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Do you live in Japan? Why would you not buy the American system and import Japanese games? I am sure if you do a quick search you can find the confirmation. But Nintendo HAS come out and said that.
    i live in japan, and would like to play some titles such as zelda in english...and want to play others in japanese such as redsteel

i thought nintendo pulled back from what you said earlier, but i can only hope what you said is true, im happy enough with ps3 doing that but lets hope wii does the same

I searched on Ask.com, and it was about 75/25 with articles saying it would be region free, and other articles saying it wouldn't be. I remember when they said it in the press conference in NYC or w/e, but I did not realize they had retracted that since then.
    There must be something on Gamespot, or Nintendo.com or something.