Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How does your Dynamis LS Operate? (aka BLM/NIN vs BLM/RDM)

I was tempted to post this in a reply to the TH thread, but I figured this could use it's own topic.

Obviously every LS has a different set of members. Some LS are manaburn, others meleeburn, others maybe something else. I was mostly curious about how you typically organize your parties/alliances, and how you actually perform dynamis.

Do you have a single mob caller that everyone targets? Do you split into several self-sustained alliances and fight multiple mobs at once? Do you create "task forces" that branch out and clear complete different parts of the zone? Or do you move in a giant laggy hoarde of people and slaughter mobs in 5 seconds?

I've always wanted to try something out of the ordinary. Maybe this thread can provide alternative ways to do dynamis which are more fun and/or effective.

My LS Currently has about 30 members per run. We've been using the same basic strategy every time. We create a "BLM PT" to handle killing stones and using Sleepga 2 (virtually all of our BLMs sub NIN). We create a "Tank PT" which contains 2-3 PLDs with BRD WHM RDM support and they tank all the mobs. Every other party is considered a "Melee PT" which (ideally) contains a BRD, Healer, THF, and 3 other melees. We are typically shorthanded on BRDs or THFs, so sometimes we create "gimp" melee Parties with no THF or BRD and they aren't allowed to kill mobs.

We have a puller who pulls, various people sleep mobs (BRDs, RDMs, BLMs), one of the Melees calls the targets and everyone does /assist and we kill the mobs 1 by 1. Tanks typically grab hate on as many mobs as possible, focusing on the more dangerous ones like MNKs.

I was mostly curious about LS who fight multiple mobs at once, or who split into 2 (or more) groups and clear 2 different parts of the zone simultaneously.

Black Belt
    BG Level

we do pretty much exactly the same thing except

1) BLMs don't sub NIN (maybe they should so they can die less), pretty often we have 2 BLM PTs, we try to put a THF in each also.

2) we don't have a tank PT unless it's Xarcabard, so we have from 0-3 PLDs mixed into a "gimp" melee PT.

the last Bastok run was the first time we actually tried to do any kind of splitting. but basically it was the same thing except we split melees to assist 2 different people (when we had one assist some stuff were dying before everyone could engage).

and we had some "problems" when one assist took some people one way with the puller and most of the BLMs going another way. still cleared the zone though.

My main dynamis is a manaburn group. Party formation is generally thf, 1 refresher (brd or rdm), then fill the rest of the slots with blm and maybe 1 smn.

The only party that varies is the "command pod" party, the one that handles pulling/scouting/planning etc which is normally me (as mnk/whm lewls), lordwafik (as rdm/nin or rdm/blm depending on zone), and then whatever other special jobs we need for the zone.

We typically will pull a bunch of stuff, sleepga it, blms freenuke statues, and then use /assist to pick off individual mobs with IV spells. Sometimes (but not often) we'll flatten a pull with aga3--depends on the mobs in the pull.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My Dynamis LS typically has anywhere from 7-9 full parties.

I have 1 Alliance made up of the Blm's, Puller and a couple of Nin or Pld to kite stones.

The 2nd Alliance has 1 tank party and the rest are melee parties.

3rd Alliance is all melee parties.

We use 1 person to target, typically myself as Pld, although I could theoretically target on any job.

I found that splitting up attackers was not very productive. It ends up leaving each mob up for a longer period of time, giving them more chances to use AoE's, 2 hours, etc. Focussing attacks on one mob at a time tends to drop it very quickly & often save a lot of HP loss & MP wastage. Especially if you are fighting multiple mobs too close to one another.

http://www.dynamisbums.com

anywhere from 40-full run
    parties with melee, tank parties, and black mage parties set up very similar to what was mentioned in the OP. For zilart dynamis, we have anyone with 70+ thf leveled come as thf. they change jobs to a useful DD for dynamis lord.

usually one puller and one targeter, sometimes multiple targeters. blms nuke statues, rdms sleep stuff. our main puller is a pld, and he just runs through large groups of things and links everything. lately, the targeter as more often than not been a summoner (since he doesn't do much in dynamis anyway).

it's basically the massive lagtacular rape-fest that most dynamis ls's are used to.

note: blm/whm or rdm

BLM/NIN is trash, although its half decent in Windy and Jeuno to avoid some of the AoE, a BLM/NIN will die much more than a BLM/WHM or BLM/RDM. Stoneskin helps alot and BLM/NIN doesn't have the survivability of /WHM or RDM.

My Dynamis does usually about 18-21 ppl, we make a tank pt with a nin pld whm rdm and brd, a Melee pt with a thf and sam heavy, blm pt with a rdm, and a left over pt with the main puller and main sleeper usually alone in that pt.

We have about 5-6 blms three always go /nin and on big pulls they solo thier own statues. the sam's kill 90% of the beastmen with WS the last 20%, our blm's usually tier II to help speed the dmg up and We use blm's to kill the mnks and nin's to avoid two hours. and we usually have 1 Rdm sleeper and maybe 1 assistant sleeper usually rdm.

New Merits
    BG Level

BLM/NIN offers far more survivability than BLM/RDM or BLM/WHM.. why do you think people use it. Majority of AoE in dynamis are all utsusemi blinkable, and since most mobs, especially in northlands will break Stoneskin with 1 hit, it should be extraordinarily easy to tell why /NIN is the superior sub for survivability. We won't have every BLM sub it though since there is extra utility in having 1 BLM/WHM in the party for Paralyna and Barfire but I find it kind of shortsighted to make a blanket statement that BLM/WHM has higher survivability lol.

Your blms must be pretty bad if they're getting hit by statues...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: How does your Dynamis LS Operate?

I was mostly curious about LS who fight multiple mobs at once, or who split into 2 (or more) groups and clear 2 different parts of the zone simultaneously.
    My linkshell's dynamis shell splits up in farming runs of Beaucedine to attempt to tackle the two Hydra extends and the regular beastmen extends at the same time. We split up into two groups after the I-7 15 min extend on the Goblin tier. After which one alliance (takes the majority of PLDs with them for extra kiting) works towards the 2 hydra extends, and the rest of the shell gets the 4 remaining beastmen extends. In this case, each group has their own assist and most communication is kept within party chat. That's the extent of us splitting up.

Sometimes, if we have two blm parties, one usually assist the melees with mobs (saving nukes for PLD THF and stuns for MNK types) on smaller pulls (i.e. < 3 stones+slimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Lhexh
    BLM/NIN offers far more survivability than BLM/RDM or BLM/WHM.. why do you think people use it. Majority of AoE in dynamis are all utsusemi blinkable, and since most mobs, especially in northlands will break Stoneskin with 1 hit, it should be extraordinarily easy to tell why /NIN is the superior sub for survivability. We won't have every BLM sub it though since there is extra utility in having 1 BLM/WHM in the party for Paralyna and Barfire but I find it kind of shortsighted to make a blanket statement that BLM/WHM has higher survivability lol.
    In outlands BLM/WHM or BLM/RDM still has the edge imo. If you do happen to get hit with Thundaga III from a Ahriman as BLM/NIN thats gonna be very devastating, another problem would be Mijin Gakures - if you get unlucky and one does make it through stuns, I'm sorry to say but most BLM w/o Stoneskin will die. If your BLM have trouble staying alive w/o /NIN thats pretty sad.

/WHM or /RDM actually allows BLMs to toss much needed Cures out to those in need as well... while /NIN makes it pretty much a one trick pony. Not to mention not having erase or -na spells from /WHM. Honestly, if your BLM need /NIN to avoid getting pwned all the time, they've got some problems. Stoneskin and Blink will do the job just fun and you have tons of extra support spells as well from /WHM.

/NIN won't help at all for statues much either - sure you can blink a hit, but yea... those statues move @ perma gravity speed, if they can't outrun them and nuke em down, they've got some serious issues.

BLM/NIN does nothing but gimp the all around potential of the BLM in Dynamis while offering very little benefit.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    LOL yea, BLMs that actually get killed by statues is just plain stupidity.

New Merits
    BG Level

Nobody should get hit by statues, but BLMs in a lot of LS will be primary sleepers, overwriting RDM sleepga or BRD lullaby with SleepgaII so they will take a beating from slept mobs as they waken on the larger pulls. Utsusemi protects them in that case. In our LS' case we tend to get 1-2 RDMs at most the majority of our runs, sometimes 3 on a good day, so BLMs will be primary sleepers as well as nuke called mobs. Stones are really not even a consideration since they should be dead by the BLMs ( assuming 3-4 on the run ) within 10 seconds of arriving at camp.

3 shadows won't do very much to save a BLM from a large slept pull waking up.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you have 2-5 slept mobs that your tanks can't grab a hold of if they wake up then your tanks suck.

If you have 5+ slept mobs waking up & getting pissy at the Blm's /Nin isn't going to save them.

Either there are very few slept mobs to worry about, in which case there's no problem, or there are enough slept mobs that if they do wake up /Nin won't help anyway.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    3 shadows won't do very much to save a BLM from a large slept pull waking up.
    I pull our dynamis LS as BLM/NIN and I can say with great certainty that those 3 images + Ni do in fact save my ass when the mobs I sleep wake up. I tend to get first sleepga on them from pull as they approach camp on the days when we have just a single RDM available so will be first target on wake up on the those pulls.

I'm not disputing that /WHM offers far more utility, in terms of support to the rest of the alliance, I'm just stating that it doesn't offer more survivability if you ask your BLMs to do more than just solo stones which could be done without subjob safely.

Of course all this has done is derail poor Fara's thread, so no real need to continue on this since it's just a difference of opinion. Fairly certain all fara wants to know if other LS have experimented with split paths like we used to, with much success, but have since abandonded because of low attendance.

If you have 2-5 slept mobs that your tanks can't grab a hold of if they wake up then your tanks suck.
    Not every LS has a large number of tanks to take care of slept mobs. Faranim stated we run with 2-3 tanks but thats far from the case. Most of our tuesday runs have 0 or 1 PLD so we don't have the security of sleepers being protected. That's a large reason why a few more of our BLMs changed to /NIN the last few months.

Individual sleep2s >>>>> sleepga2. Tag incoming mobs with sleepga1, that will give you a full minute to overwrite sleep2 on them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Individual sleep2s >>>>> sleepga2. Tag incoming mobs with sleepga1, that will give you a full minute to overwrite sleep2 on them.
    very true, but its also difficult for the BLMs to have a coordination with each other about which mobs they all Sleep II so they dont end up sleeping the same ones over and over, plus it might end up being just a waste of MP if you dont have many BLMs available.

Our LS is pretty basic about dynamis. 1-2 BLM parties, WHM + RDM parties in control of PLDs and assorted melees, we stick BRDs with a group of BLMs if we even have them there.

2 melee assists, 1 + backup...same with mage assist. Xarcabard we just have a main assist + 1-2 backups.

If we're lucky and have 2-3 BRDs we'll stick DRKs SAMs and MNKs in that pt with them, our NINs DD 90% of the time and dont tank in dynamis much. Average attendance in cities for us is around 26-35...Outlands we have a much higher outcome, probably 30-40.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i believe it too but how do 4+ BLMs know which mob is there's to sleep and not someone else's responsibility.

Coordination is hard Blms and rdms should have spell effects unfiltered so they can see which mobs have been successfully sleep2'd.

In the worst case, a 1 or 2 wake up from sleepga1 after 60 seconds, at which time you put it back to sleep. Better than every mob waking up after exactly 90 seconds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Coordination is hard Blms and rdms should have spell effects unfiltered so they can see which mobs have been successfully sleep2'd.

In the worst case, a 1 or 2 wake up from sleepga1 after 60 seconds, at which time you put it back to sleep. Better than every mob waking up after exactly 90 seconds.
    Doesn't matter how unfiltered your spell effects are when you have a bunch of mobs with the same/similar names...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast