Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Do you or your linkshell bot for claims?

Voters
872. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I bot, or I know my linkshell does

190 21.79%
  • No, I don't, and I'm as certain as you can get that my linkshell does not

432 49.54%
  • I don't bot, and don't want to, but I think some in my linkshell might

250 28.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you claim bot?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

Do you claim bot?

Pretty simple question, I'm just curious as to what extent it's gone to these days. Please answer honestly, it's not like we can see who voted what!

I doubt even in anonymity the botters are honest.

I'm fairly sure no one in my LS bots, anyone on our server would have to agree considering our claim record <_> We've killed 11 Nidhoggs since last October, and 5 of those were off of other LSes wiping.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Juvant
    well so far at least a decent amount of em are...

(edited cuz I don't wanna skew the results, I'll post my opinions in a few days)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I've always felt that it breaks down like this on my server of the linkshells who go to camps:

- at least 1-2 linkshells heavily bot every day (10+ people).

- of the linkshells who camp regularly and don't support/think they bot, at least 1 or 2 members are actually secretively botting which results in ~50% of their linkshell claims. Even if it's only 1 claim every two weeks, they are able to stay interested.

- the linkshells who actually have 0 botters just stop going after a while because they don't win claims often enough.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Titan generally is pretty good as far as endgame LS's go, not many bot anymore as the claims are usually a random LS. There's an old gilseller who used to be Aris and is now Hampty running a shady style LS where everything is sold including ABJ's. What happens with the Gil really isn't known 100% but it's divided up between members. They're still labeled gilsellers as far as end-game Titan shells go. Even they don't obviously bot anymore, they used to and they still might, but no more warping across BD to tag KB anymore. The new gillsellers obviously bot now, but they're very very poorly skilled and can't kill much of anything. They claimed and CFH KB after tagging Behe for a few days straight.

I did when I did HNM's.

Welcome to Hades. 8)

HomoBots don't count as actual botting Sev.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

wow.. 50% of people don't realize they have botters in their LS.. I imagine the actual % of LS's that don't have a single botter is closer to 5%..

And a dozen Nidhoggs since last october isn't bad.. I know there are or were botters in my LS and we've claimed 4 Nidhoggs ever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvant
    well so far at least a decent amount of em are...

(edited cuz I don't wanna skew the results, I'll post my opinions in a few days)
    The results are already skewed. What if those 39 people (so far) are all in the same linkshell on the same server, all referring to one person they know of who bots?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    wow.. 50% of people don't realize they have botters in their LS.. I imagine the actual % of LS's that don't have a single botter is closer to 5%..

And a dozen Nidhoggs since last october isn't bad.. I know there are or were botters in my LS and we've claimed 4 Nidhoggs ever.
    Two points.

1. It's that kind of mentality that people use to justify botting in the first place. Our linkshell instituted rules a long time ago where if we find out that someone is or has been botting/hacking/pos'ing they would get kicked from our Linkshell. Some members didn't like our 'Self-police'ing' attitude and left to form another linkshell (a few days after they got back from a 72h ban for POSing in an ENM). Ended up that every monthly ban a few more of them would disappear, even the leader was banned a few months back.

2. It is very much server to server, some I can imagine are very bad, but Titan right now is not.

I know I don't nor anyone in my shell bots and it makes you feel good when you can claim a HNM over known botters.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    he results are already skewed. What if those 39 people (so far) are all in the same linkshell on the same server, all referring to one person they know of who bots?
    Or are voting no because they and their LS don't do HNM LS things, and they just read here because it's interesting and mostly lacking in lol? (Hi!)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh

Two points.

1. It's that kind of mentality that people use to justify botting in the first place. Our linkshell instituted rules a long time ago where if we find out that someone is or has been botting/hacking/pos'ing they would get kicked from our Linkshell. Some members didn't like our 'Self-police'ing' attitude and left to form another linkshell (a few days after they got back from a 72h ban for POSing in an ENM). Ended up that every monthly ban a few more of them would disappear, even the leader was banned a few months back.

2. It is very much server to server, some I can imagine are very bad, but Titan right now is not.
    You won't ever catch them, so they just do it secretly.. How would you know if they are botting? This is such a dumb argument and there is never a winner.. but don't be certain of anything you can't prove.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

You won't ever catch them, so they just do it secretly.. How would you know if they are botting? This is such a dumb argument and there is never a winner.. but don't be certain of anything you can't prove.
    Well I know you bot. But yes it's pretty easy to prove based on how people act and behave as well as the attitudes of the LS towards botters. No it's not 100%, but I'm confident in saying that no one in my LS bots because they wouldn't last in my LS if they did.

Wonder when this will get locked.. pretty lame poll lol.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah, but there is no other like it.

Black Belt
    BG Level

which is exactly how the 2nd answer was written to be.

the other thing is if they are doing it secretly, shouldn't it stand to reason that 50% or more of your LS claims would come from the same small group of individuals?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav
    Botting doesn't give me an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav
    Botting doesn't give me an advantage
    I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone quoted that.

Ridill
    BG Level

interesting results so far, probably about what I expected

I wonder what the results would be if the question was simply do you personally bot, yes or no

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast