+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Gambit Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Aside from that, though, it'll work fine. Lower the threshold maybe? To <90%?

I don't think I would even bother making a Charge gambit, if your char. is low on MP then just do Charge manually. Personally I have yet to fight anything where any of my characters ran out of MP. Ring Wyrm I came close at the end my healer was almost out of MP but thats it. Anyway also, as far as Decoy, I have changed it so my healer(in mage gear) is casting Decoy on my tank, and it seems to stick ALOT, and if it does miss, I have yet for it to miss 2x. So I do beleive it does check the casters Magic attack vs. the targets magic defense.

only gambit charge when you have the self: mp<10%

You can get "self" gambits from any shop after you leave Barheim Passage, not very deep into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    You can get "self" gambits from any shop after you leave Barheim Passage, not very deep into the game.
    No you can only get the "Self" gambit after getting out of the Passage. The Self: MP <10% comes much later in the game than that

Relic Shield
    BG Level

To Firan and others above, concerning Decoy resisting. I took a look over the beginning of the Brady guide to see what they had to say about buffs. I don't have it with me here at work, but I do recall one section mentioning how spells like "Bubble" and "Reverse" are good, but have problems with actually landing. It then goes on to mention something about your Magick Resist trait affecting these buffs.

By extension, and assuming their definition is correct, the Magik Resist trait is a tradeoff. Protect yourself from harmful magick at the cost of resisting your own positive magick. By extension, shell should be limited to being used only when you really really find a need to resist a powerful enemy magick user, or perhaps an elemental/entite.

If someone with the book at their side would like to confirm, please do.

Having decoy get resisted 3~4 times in a row is fucking annoying. Seems like it always happens at the worst possible time.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I did have a huge problem with Decoy getting resisted like 75% of the time, since then my main Decoy gambit caster (Ashe), i got gear that raised her Magic power alot, and its getting resisted very rarely now, casting onto Vaan my tank. Also, on the License board, since then, ive gotten all the Magic Potency boxes, and that has made a huge difference also in landing enfeebles and Positive buffs on allies, etc.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions
    I don't think I would even bother making a Charge gambit, if your char. is low on MP then just do Charge manually. Personally I have yet to fight anything where any of my characters ran out of MP. Ring Wyrm I came close at the end my healer was almost out of MP but thats it. Anyway also, as far as Decoy, I have changed it so my healer(in mage gear) is casting Decoy on my tank, and it seems to stick ALOT, and if it does miss, I have yet for it to miss 2x. So I do beleive it does check the casters Magic attack vs. the targets magic defense.
    As I posted previously on Decoy, I am now around lv 55. Still using Basch for tank (heavy armor) and Ashe for mage (mystic armor). I still have Ashe's gambit set to cast Decoy on Basch and it is NEVER resisted anymore. Just make sure whoever the caster is has high magic attack compaired to the targets magic defense.