Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This game fail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level

FF7 got 4 games including the original

FF13 got 3 games announced so far

please use accurate data in your arguement

and what's wrong with capitalizing on a well known name? from a pessimist's point of view it's cheating people's money, but from my point of view it's allowing players who love the franchise to go back and visit the world we once enjoyed so much.. i liked ffx-2 just fine

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    the only real regret i have about this is Nobuo Uematsu no longer doing music score for FFs... but he hasn't done much in half a decade anyway so >.>
    He is working with mistwalker now
    He got offers from SE/nintendo/etc to work for there games but his answer was /no lol

He dont feel like doing anywork for anygame unless its good and emotional enough for him
    um... i know that, but it's not because he feels like FF games are no longer "good" or "emotional enough" but because his history with Hironobu Sakaguchi, who is the one person that led the bunch of old schoolers away from SE
    First of all he is not only working with sakagushi he would love to make the OST of anygame aslong the game emotional and good enough for him he get alot of offers all the time and accpet alot of works outside sakagushi games he just simply did not want to work with FF12 even though he made almost all other ffs games sound tracks

also that reminds how crapy ff12 ost is compared to ff4-11 ost
    learn to read, i don't care who is working with, he left SE because of sakagushi, and that's my regret, because a FF game without nobuo isn't as much of a FF any more to me, and yes FF12 music score is kinda forgetable

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

FF7 got 4 games including the original

FF13 got 3 games announced so far

please use accurate data in your arguement

and what's wrong with capitalizing on a well known name? from a pessimist's point of view it's cheating people's money, but from my point of view it's allowing players who love the franchise to go back and visit the world we once enjoyed so much.. i liked ffx-2 just fine
    ff13 goin for 6games is whats planed

FF7=

FF7 ps1 game
    FF7 DOC
    FF7 PSP
    FF7 2X Mobile games (vencint game and the turks game before crisis)
    FF7 advent children
    FF7 Anime (only saw 1 episode and thats it i think)

Yes thats 5Games+Movie based on FF7 game+Anime what we got atm

And soon new stuff may pop~ (FF7 DOC clearly show thats this game have more new stuff unexplained+the end which give a tip about ff7 doc 2?)

I counted all of them as game becouse they are based on FF7 which is a game

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, he was phasing out of working with the FF series long before 12. Look at FF10, and the majority of 11.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Eredar

I think this FF was one of the better ones. I loved the story, the battle system and the License Grid was decent. I was getting tired of the chessy Love story lines of the main character like the last few FFs were about.

FF12, along with FF7 and FF6 were the only FFs where I actually tried to finish everything the game had to offer 100% (Final Weapons, Mini Games, Extra summons etc.) because I didn't get bored half way through.

I don't regret any of the 90+ hours I spent on this one

wait 1 week and come to this thread again and see if it was "only me"
    I'm just not seeing it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

the only real regret i have about this is Nobuo Uematsu no longer doing music score for FFs... but he hasn't done much in half a decade anyway so >.>
    He got offers from SE/nintendo/etc to work for there games but his answer was /no lol

He dont feel like doing anywork for anygame unless its good and emotional enough for him
    Didnt he make the music for super smash bros? Well into's music? That song is made of awesome.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

Didnt he make the music for super smash bros? Well into's music? That song is made of awesome.
    I'm not sure, but he is signed on to do some of the music for Super Smash Bros: Brawl, for the Wii.

A. Body
    BG Level

according to what source?

FF7=

FF7 ps1 game
    FF7 DOC
    FF7 PSP
    FF7 advent children
    um, there's only one mobile game, AC and Last Order are not games, just because they are based on a game doesn't mean it's a game, simple logic (see: x-men: the last stand is not a comic, same concept)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob

I'm not sure, but he is signed on to do some of the music for Super Smash Bros: Brawl, for the Wii.

You can download the song here.
    http://www.smashbros.com/jp/music/mp3/main_theme.mp3

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

according to what source?

FF7=

FF7 ps1 game
    FF7 DOC
    FF7 PSP
    FF7 advent children
    um, there's only one mobile game, AC and Last Order are not games, just because they are based on a game doesn't mean it's a game, simple logic (see: x-men: the last stand is not a comic, same concept)
    no there is not only 1 its 2 and more may comes at US people dont care much about mobile games unlike japan

FF7 DOC final episode http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/...26389_mb_3.jpg

FF7 before crisis http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/...24170_mb_7.jpg

I only regreted playing FF12 becouse of the super weak storyline (yes i play rpgs 80% for story and 20% for other stuff)

Also about the 6games planed for ff13 the source is TGS or E3 not sure it was interview with SE i dont feel like searching for every damn thing people here have no idea about go search yourselfs

And about super smash bros as i said before nintendo wanted him to make an ost for super smash for a verylong time and he answered no thanks

Becouse the game were not emotional enough for him so maybe nintendo kept beggin him for wii super smash? lol no idea about the wii smash but i know he got old super smash offeres and he refused

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob

I searched a bit, and he did do the main theme according to this article
    [link deleted]
    Not sure if he did anything else

You can download the song here.
    http://www.smashbros.com/jp/music/mp3/main_theme.mp3
    lmao that theme is good for a game like super smash i wish if he works more with nin XD i didnt know he can make that good themes for a fighting game like smash

actully i like it alot!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: This game fail

Wrost FF ever
    lol

no really lol

lol

No I'm not finished, but already all 6 characters are better than every single FFX character (except Auron) so if you were to judge COMPLETELY on story/characters this wouldn't be "wrost FF ever". The gameplay is amazing, it's what I wish they could make FFXI into in many aspects of it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Wrost FF ever
    lol

no really lol

lol

No I'm not finished, but already all 6 characters are better than every single FFX character (except Auron) so if you were to judge COMPLETELY on story/characters this wouldn't be "wrost FF ever". The gameplay is amazing, it's what I wish they could make FFXI into in many aspects of it.
    Whats your current gameplay time?
    main problem is the charcters almost never develop storywise once you get them

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Wrost FF ever
    My opinion is so much better than your I can use it as fact in an argument. How can you even use your preference to disprove someone else point.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Wrost FF ever
    lol

no really lol

lol

38 hours. But FFX characters were stupid. The game would've been decent overall if the characters didn't seem so...fake. Penelo, aside from being able to use magic and such, could actually be a real girl, she reminds me of my ex-fiancee a bit lol

And come on, how deep did FFX get? All the long 'deep' conversations were just "I WILL FIND A WAY!" and that's it. The FFXII characters I can see existing, Larsa, Penelo, Vaan, Basch all had more thought put into them than FFX characters, whether they do much development or not. The level of dialogue in the cs's show it. FFXII story/characters has more to be desired, yes, but I'd say what's desired is MORE of it, not actual character depth that was missing in FFX.

I'm just arguing against the "worst FF ever" statement which is total BS. Just on a gameplay standpoint this game is one of the best FFs ever. I think the AI and gambit system is very innovative, too. If only the AI of FFXI NPC's acted like the ones in FFXII...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Wrost FF ever
    lol

no really lol

lol

38 hours. But FFX characters were stupid. The game would've been decent overall if the characters didn't seem so...fake. Penelo, aside from being able to use magic and such, could actually be a real girl, she reminds me of my ex-fiancee a bit lol

And come on, how deep did FFX get? All the long 'deep' conversations were just "I WILL FIND A WAY!" and that's it. The FFXII characters I can see existing, Larsa, Penelo, Vaan, Basch all had more thought put into them than FFX characters, whether they do much development or not. The level of dialogue in the cs's show it. FFXII story/characters has more to be desired, yes, but I'd say what's desired is MORE of it, not actual character depth that was missing in FFX.

I'm just arguing against the "worst FF ever" statement which is total BS. Just on a gameplay standpoint this game is one of the best FFs ever. I think the AI and gambit system is very innovative, too. If only the AI of FFXI NPC's acted like the ones in FFXII...
    FFX had a story and charcters story but it was weak storys
    also there was alot of events that happened with good CGS (FFXII CGS freaking fail bigtime all about ships nothing amazing or cool)
    FFXII have almost no story at all in the first place

And about the gameplay go watch gametrailers.com video review its full of flaws specialy about the gameplay they even scored the game 7/10story 7/10gameplay if you watch the video you will get there points

Unless your a "blind FF fanboy" its pointless to argue with im just a FF fan but not the dumb ones who defend anything

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... mv&pl=game

Its all about auto attack+healing magic i dont consider this as an best FF gameplay ever i may have a diffrent opinion than you but it doesnt mean its BS and if you say its BS your just a BS yourself not your opinion

your 38hour gameplay is 20hour moving through big areas and 13hour farming gil or hunt quests/messin around with game menu

5hours is everything happend with the "main game" with stuff like

1-You need to get into the castle go talk to dallan
    2-dallan tells you go to town south of the city to get stone helps you get into the castle
    3-woman at the town tells you find her child and then she may help you
    4-you find the kid his leg is broken and ask you to turn stone into another type of stone by touching 4 stones around the area
    5-you return to the kid and take him back to his mom
    6-you return to dallan etc

What kind of BS is that? this isnt something amazing story wise not even close this game all about questiong (go to that place get that key/stone etc) and when you do everything you get 2min boring CS and next 3hours you are running from zone to another zone

FFX wasnt that lame

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Eredar

How does this game not have a story? After seeing you say that I'm starting to think to myself if you even played through this game. This game had lots of story to it, sure its character development was low, but it wasn't about the characters this time around (Except Ashe, she had quite a bit of inside story along with Basche), it was about the feuding empires.

And about the CGS... again are we playing the same game? I understand if your just saying they weren't cool or anything but your comparing them to FF10s CGS over FF12s? Ok sweet in F10 you got to watch Yuna dance around a bunch of times, oh- Yuna and Tidus kissed in the water. Yeah I got the watch them play blitzsball! Besides the beginning intro of FF10 and the few scenes of Sin ripping through shit, I don't see where ff10s CGI does better then ff12s.

I would name quite a few ff12 cgis but I'd rather not spoil anything for anyone.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

[img]Unless your a "blind FF fanboy" its pointless to argue with im just a FF fan but not the dumb ones who defend anything
    [/img]

For the record, I can't stand RPGs and their cookie cutter story line.... at all. Ive never been able to sit down and finish a RPG other then Morrowind, FFT and FFTA.

With this, I'm 40 hrs in, and Im starting to believe this game is one of my best console experiences ever. Theres hundreds of reasons I love this game so far but when it comes to the story line, its got me sucked in. Its not some centralized cookie cutter storyline focused on one person or a small group of people. This story is about an idea, its about a conflict and it involves the world, not just a few kids. The sheer number of polics and involves players in this struggle gives this a very "LOTR, everyone must get involved in this conflict" feel to it. Which I love. Politics, war, tragedy, conflict, world participation, its the sum of everything that sucks you into this story that makes me love this game so far.

All the characters have real depth to them as well. The kids have shell shocked life expereinces, the soliders are deidicated to their cause, the judges all have diifferent politcal stances, motives and ideas. The leaders have true passion in their ideals and will do everything to bring these ideals to reality.

Its not just a, hes a badguy, hes a goodguy, goodguy goes after badguy, oh and their is a love story thrown in the mix.

I havent even gotten into the gameplay and why I love it as well.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by deviousone
    How does this game not have a story? After seeing you say that I'm starting to think to myself if you even played through this game. This game had lots of story to it, sure its character development was low, but it wasn't about the characters this time around (Except Ashe, she had quite a bit of inside story along with Basche), it was about the feuding empires.

And about the CGS... again are we playing the same game? I understand if your just saying they weren't cool or anything but your comparing them to FF10s CGS over FF12s? Ok sweet in F10 you got to watch Yuna dance around a bunch of times, oh- Yuna and Tidus kissed in the water. Yeah I got the watch them play blitzsball! Besides the beginning intro of FF10 and the few scenes of Sin ripping through shit, I don't see where ff10s CGI does better then ff12s.

I would name quite a few ff12 cgis but I'd rather not spoil anything for anyone.
    It does not have a story "almost" becouse what you goin to see in the first 5hours will get repeated again and again and again rest of the game its all about a war between 2 empires one is strong and another is weak which trying to be a strong enough to get there kingdom back and every other charcter story almost ends right after you got them

about the CG thingy yes FFX CG way better a million time than FFXII
    FFX CG

-Yuna dancing there was pretty effects and song it was emotional atleast
    -freaking awsome CG opening
    -charcters looks awsome in CG [lulu/auron/yuna/rikku etc]
    -CG does "matter" like sin attack when the city got destroyed + goin into new city you get to see the whole place/ppl
    -FFX CG is too good to even question it or count them k? go play it

at FFXII what you get to see at CG?
    70% flying ships
    10% like 5second clip of some new zones
    10% stuff that make no sense like vaan touching the water/watching airship etc
    10% other CG which still doesnt looks amazing

Best thing CG wise about FFXII is the intro it was good song/CG/when menu screen appeared 10/10 intro

Rag is just upset that Cloud and Sepiroth don't show up.

Oh, and no materia either >.>

If you want to go on storyline, FF1-3 and 5 are most definately the weakest by far. Of course, that's not fair because they were limited in nature. Still, it is sad that SE has yet to surpass FFVI in terms of epic storyline, but that's ok. They still put out the most ambitious, beautiful, and vast games around...I have yet to play too much into the game due to work and family commitments, but what I've seen so far, this is shaping up to be a very solid entry with the possibility of being one of the greats. Right off the bat, the sour taste I had from X was washed away, and I've yet to see any truly annoying character. The new battle system is excellent, and the visuals are terrific.

In the end, FFXII would have to just tank for the last half of the game to get anywhere near FFVIII in terms of storyline ineptitude, in my opinion.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast