+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quickenings/Highest Combo?

I'm lvl 17-18 and I have 17/18 quickenings unlocked and I can get like 10-15 hits eat time I use it. So boss fights are basically dead after the first use. (I just completed the Dawn Stone mission in the tomb) So just wondering is it always this simple or does it get harder? Cause if it doesn't then lame. lol

Edit: So I'm getting LP and using Quickenings every chance I get to see higher combos, So far I've hit 16 and seen like Cataclysm, Arck Blast and some other ones I can't remember but will edit in as soon as I do! What is your highest D

you can pretty much kill a lot of bosses using quickenings, but some require more careful planning

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

its that way most of the time just dont use them if you want to enjoy the fight or see the boss moves expect some bosses like wyverns they got alot of hp a 15~ quickenings will only take half of its hp

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I try not to use quick. combos unless I have to (I HAD to to kill both walls in KRT, I haven't been forced to since)

quick's are instant win, but who goes and pops bubbly bernie as 75 WAR with 300% TP just to Rampage it? Well, more than 2-3 times anyways

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I have level 2 quickenings for three people at level 26ish, and Vaan just got his first one a couple of levels ago. One level 3 quickening. I find that they're AMAZINGLY helpful in boss fights, especially for ones where the boss spawns a ton of guys and you need to wipe them out fast.

I try to use them as much as I can in boss fights, because I think the boss fights are pretty hard! Plus it's fun to do the slot-like thing.

A. Body
    BG Level

quickening combos kinda sux, first it's waaaay overpowered and let you kill stuff 20 lvls higher than your party, and basically one shots the bosses and you miss all their cool moves, then after you start getting rank C+ hunt missions they become completely useless (well except when they are in "turbo mode" when they are near dead and you wanna finish them off) cuz they use up all of your mp and do like less than 5% of their hp kind of damage

Just want to ask something, so I'm 100% clear on this, so please forgive me.
    I unlock quickenings on the License Board right? I do not learn them in battles/leveling up automatically? Or do I?
    And then after I unlock them, do they need to be bought from the Technick shop, or do I then have them for disposal.
    Thanks guys.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I am nearly 100% sure you only have to unlock them on the board. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. :D

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

on the board, and only 1 character can learn from a quickening spot then it disappears from the others boards

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

kinda off topic.

people with espers, did you make 1-2 people your summoners?

or did you give everyone espers?

++

who did you give the 3 most powerful to?

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    kinda off topic.

++

only use to espers or summons in ff12 is to have them and get rank H+ hunt missions XD

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    kinda off topic.

++

i spread them all evenly out between characters

ashe has ultima and exodus, vaan has chaos and zodiac/elidibus

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quickenings are good but if you want to really have fun in the game you should go straight for Battle Lore, Swiftness, weapon and armor unlocks and gambits. With these you can pretty much take on anything easy.

Im lvl 27 Vaan, 26 Basch and 26 Ashe and im just past the Dawn Shard part. I was able to easily kill the "optional" demon wall and got the Demonsbane Sword which absolutly owns at this stage in the game..... I 2 shotted Vossler.

In fact since Ive been straying away from using quickenings so much Im pretty noob at actually using them. only half the time im able to get inferno/cataclysm off.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by sephir
    I 2 shotted Vossler.
    Ahhhh you asshole, nice spoiler alert. =\

Relic Shield
    BG Level

whoops sorry I didnt realise that I had a spoiler there. But just so oyu know it happens pretty early in the game.

Im lvl 27 Vaan, 26 Basch and 26 Ashe and im just past the Dawn Shard part. I was able to easily kill the "optional" demon wall and got the Demonsbane Sword which absolutly owns at this stage in the game.
    I'm past the demon walls in the tomb,(i killed two, neither were optional though, both were initiated by the game w/o me doing anything) where is this? (i dont' have a guide or anything so forgive me asking questions about possibly obvious stuff.

Unless i read it on here or have seen it in the game i know nothing about it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I think by optional he meant you can run from the first one.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Damn at lvl 23 i took the Optional Wall on like 10 times...kept doing Mist chains and furthest i got him was like 25%~

Finally said fuck it ._. Wanted that sword too....

I don't really like the quickenings. I have all 3 unlocked for all members, but mainly just for the extra MP. I think the battles are awesome and I wouldn't wanna just 1 shot something. Where is the fun in that? And yeah Bk I was about 20~ when I did that wall as well and I just ended up running.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Damn at lvl 23 i took the Optional Wall on like 10 times...kept doing Mist chains and furthest i got him was like 25%~

Finally said fuck it ._. Wanted that sword too....

try this, it took me a few tries but eventually got it to work. Start off the fight by casting Berserk on Vossler. Next Do the biggest Mist chain you can get but leave your "berserker" out of all but his/her last mist Charge. Next cast Berserk on everyone in the pt BUT your healer. Have Gambits ready for Eye drops and Alarm clocks for all ally's with the one non-berserked hero, eventually the wall will fall.

I did this and it took me about 10-15 tries, but it was well worth it.