+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Farming Places     submit to reddit submit to twitter

makojr

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    what's the highest chains anyones gotten while farming, i'm at 163 right now on those mallicants in zertinan. I've got the big white orb, had it since about chain 95. Does it ever improve beyond that?
    my highest was 91. someone in my ls got 300+

I got 217 on the Yurotan[sp] guys, the hooded dudes at the refinery, but I got a big gold orb though, not white, and it never changed after 90ish.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I don't think I'm going to leave Golmore Jungle for a week. Just chain the panthers at the entrance (There are like 18 of them with no intervening mobs). Let the little Hi-Potion dispenser take care of the healing, kill all of them, take 45 seconds to zone back to Ozmone and past the save crystal, go back and repeat. When your chain level caps, they will frequently drop 2-3 coeurl pelts each.

Plus, very good experience considering they die in 3 seconds even if your only weapons are store-bought.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think I found something broken lol, however I don't think it's do-able without Deathbringers on at least two of your guys.

Anyways, if you're at least 36, Gate Crystal warp to the G. Jungle place, and start clearing stuff out (take the long way down). Eventually work your way to the most southern zone. Once you're here, set someone who has serk to always serk your main DD (for instance, I'm Vaan, and I had Ashe auto-serk Basch whenever he didn't have it). Vaan will hit for 1800+ and Basch hits for 3000+, easily two shotting ANYTHING in the zone. Now clear out the entire zone... all the coeurls, all the malboros, the t-rex (he gives you over 1k exp with a party of 3), everything.

Once every mob is dead, skeletons will start popping as you run (think Lhusu train tracks). Thing is, you're now two shotting mobs that give 970+ exp each. With double exp or LP accessory equipped, it's disgusting how fast you make money/exp/LP. Also, once you pop Dark Skeleton Z and kill it, it will spawn an NM called Grave Lord at the very bottom of the map. He has a bit of HP, but you'll plow through it like nothing with your setup. Make sure you have your mage silence him, because he can cast some nasty spells. Once you kill him, he gives 1500+ exp and 16 LP (do the math if you're wearing either of the double _____ accessories). Also note that the KO proc on the Deathbringers CAN go off and work on this guy, too... so pray for that. Once he's dead, the zone will have no more mobs in it until you reset it (if you have the Deathbringers in the first place, I assume you're quite familiar with how to do that lol), so go and cash in at Eruyt and save there. Turn around and do the exact same thing for as many times as you want (Grave Lord/t-rex is resettable, too). =D

For instance, I came home today and loaded my game with Vaan at 36, Basch at 35, Ashe at 31, and 6k gil. I just cashed in and saved again after just a little over an hour, Vaan is now 41, Basch 42, Ashe 39, and I now have 45,631 gil. Time go to do it again so Penelo isn't gimp either lol.

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Vickaz
    How to make Grimoire's appear: (yay for the guide)

Beasts/Avions - Talk to Gatsly after finishing Thextera hunt. Gatsly will be at the Muthru Bazzar.

Giants/Insects - Talk to any weapon merchant more than 30 times.

Amorphs/Undead - Read the hunt bulliten board more than 20 times.

Fiends - Talk to any magick merchant over 25 times.

Constructs - Talk to any armor merchant over 15 times.

Dragons/Plants - Read the hunt bulliten more tha 40 times.

Elementals - Talk to any merchant over 100 times

Arcana drops (which all enemies can drop) - Sell Phobos Glze, Horakhty's Flame and Deimos Clay to bazzar.
    i just sold those three, it unlocked in the bazaar something called a 'Morbid Urn' that costs 250k gil

Making gil isn't all that hard, but 250k is about 4x more than i've had at any given time so far.

makojr

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    I think I found something broken lol, however I don't think it's do-able without Deathbringers on at least two of your guys.

Anyways, if you're at least 36, Gate Crystal warp to the G. Jungle place, and start clearing stuff out (take the long way down). Eventually work your way to the most southern zone. Once you're here, set someone who has serk to always serk your main DD (for instance, I'm Vaan, and I had Ashe auto-serk Basch whenever he didn't have it). Vaan will hit for 1800+ and Basch hits for 3000+, easily two shotting ANYTHING in the zone. Now clear out the entire zone... all the coeurls, all the malboros, the t-rex (he gives you over 1k exp with a party of 3), everything.

Once every mob is dead, skeletons will start popping as you run (think Lhusu train tracks). Thing is, you're now two shotting mobs that give 970+ exp each. With double exp or LP accessory equipped, it's disgusting how fast you make money/exp/LP. Also, once you pop Dark Skeleton Z and kill it, it will spawn an NM called Grave Lord at the very bottom of the map. He has a bit of HP, but you'll plow through it like nothing with your setup. Make sure you have your mage silence him, because he can cast some nasty spells. Once you kill him, he gives 1500+ exp and 16 LP (do the math if you're wearing either of the double _____ accessories). Also note that the KO proc on the Deathbringers CAN go off and work on this guy, too... so pray for that. Once he's dead, the zone will have no more mobs in it until you reset it (if you have the Deathbringers in the first place, I assume you're quite familiar with how to do that lol), so go and cash in at Eruyt and save there. Turn around and do the exact same thing for as many times as you want (Grave Lord/t-rex is resettable, too). =D

For instance, I came home today and loaded my game with Vaan at 36, Basch at 35, Ashe at 31, and 6k gil. I just cashed in and saved again after just a little over an hour, Vaan is now 41, Basch 42, Ashe 39, and I now have 45,631 gil. Time go to do it again so Penelo isn't gimp either lol.

You're welcome!
    gonna have to try that on my 32-34 chars.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical

You're welcome!
    Thanks so much for this spot, its really the best places to farm at my stage of the game.

Anyway, to add a little, after you clear this area out the first time (killing the NM epical mentioned is an indication) zone into They Feywood in the south(be careful, if u move after you zone into the Feywood, you run right into a trap >_>) Immediately zone back in to the jungle. This kinda resets the zone's skeletons and i was able to go through each loop twice and chain more skele pops. Chain 90+ is about as high as u can go when the mobs stop popping completely.

They'll start dropping 2k head gear pretty often as well once you get the last tier chain ^.^v Made a good amount of gil/xp in just 2 runs :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

that part of the jungle is blocked to me by an energy barrier

I only have the beast type grimoire item book and the only difference I see is that my precious dogs and couerls drop pebbles instead of skins. I had never seen a pebble drop from them til I had the book, now it takes twice as long to get my 99x pelt stack.

I am farming wolves in the feywood atm for prime pelts, my chain just hit 104, and all I got was a pebble.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant2
    that part of the jungle is blocked to me by an energy barrier
    You need to get a little further into the storyline then you'll be able to go through the barriers. Can't say much else w/out spoiling the story a bit.

where is the best place to farm mandies in sandsea? the ones at the entrance dont really spawn a lot...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    I only have the beast type grimoire item book and the only difference I see is that my precious dogs and couerls drop pebbles instead of skins. I had never seen a pebble drop from them til I had the book, now it takes twice as long to get my 99x pelt stack.

I am farming wolves in the feywood atm for prime pelts, my chain just hit 104, and all I got was a pebble.
    I was thinking of getting this one but now I dunno...

I got the undead one and went out to that spot that Epical mentioned (which is amazing btw- thanks for the tip)... They started dropping these death's head items... which weren't like worth nothing (I can't remember... something between 400-600 apiece?) but when they started dropping those it seems like they started dropping the more expensive item less often. (Also it feels like more magicite is dropping now as compared to all my other runs lol A ton of magicite and not so much of everything else. >_>; ) I dunno...

I got more grimoires and I am rewarded with more pebbles and magicites.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

by the way, for the golmore skele farming, you can just zone out to fey wood (bottom of the map, and zone back in...only skeles are up) dont have to clear the other shit first...hi chain

Overlooking Eternity in Nabreus Deadlands is great for xping and farming. Get 3200 xp a kill with Embroidered Tippet on and the drop bloody bones and ancient bones which are 1500 or so each. Also there are 40 mobs in this area so you dont have to zone much

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend

Same issue. Used to farm Werewolves in Giza for the Quality Hide, and now it takes twice as long to get a stack then it did before.