+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Farming Places     submit to reddit submit to twitter

makojr

Favorite Farming Places

whats you're favorite place to farm EXP/LP/Loot?

LP: Arrowburning in the sand sea is easy (my lv 13 characters also went to 18-19 in a couple of hours)
    EXP: the forest that you have to pass to go to Vierra village. (main group 24ish)

Both places yeild decent amount of loot.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ive been jumping around alot, either NM hunting in the West/East Sands, they repop fast and cake to kill at lvl 24, decent money inbetween also.

Lhusu mines not bad, bone chips are like 250 a pop, or Sandsea, kill the Pink Mandragoras in this area, fruit is like 350 a pop

Chaining the Urtan's to 100 and killing the Urtan Elite NM was fun too, and made decent money doing it lol, although damn Elementals always get in my way and gotta run >.>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The sleipnir type mobs in Ozmone Plain have the ~400gil Iron Carapace common drop, and theres quite a few around. However they're hard to chain due to those stupid Vipers.

once you cang et there, farm worgers. They yield about 350 xp each around lvl 25 and drop, a drop of throat wolf blood pretty often. i farmed a chain there to 100 and got about 70k gil in loot and 3 lvls.

also drop quality hides a lot, which sell great. just do the main area near the camp on the north side of the river, then flee past the saurion to the area above, kill those wolves and flee again to the area one higher, kill those wolves and the wary wolf NM if it's up, then go back down to the bottom. You cross 3 total zones so mobs repop often. Just gotta flee past the t-rex's to keep the chain goin.

I liked Hennes Mines, I'm going back after I get off work tonight. Chaining bats for the Crooked Fang (I think was the name) is sweet, it's a common drop, sells for 437 or 487, I wasn't paying attention, and there's tons of them, just flee from Nightmares and the T-Rex things. Next best place is probably the jungle off the panthers, if you have the patience to wait on respawns, or flee from Marloros. Courel Pelts sell for a good price, they give good XP, low HP, and there's a decent amount of them.

And the best opening farming spot has got to be the Lhusu Mines chaining skeletons.

[edit] Also the Flans in Hennes Mines at the second switch trap are good for chains. Keep tripping the trap and you can get chain 20 each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firan
    The sleipnir type mobs in Ozmone Plain have the ~400gil Iron Carapace common drop, and theres quite a few around. However they're hard to chain due to those stupid Vipers.
    When a Viper pops, flee from it, they eventually lose aggro and go back to their spawn, but remain above ground so you can avoid them next time. That's the best way to keep a chain there.

My personal favorite so far is skeleton chaining going back and forth between Shunia Twinspan (where there's a shitton of them) and Site 2 in Lhusu Mines.

the ring area in Sochan Cave Palace with those big axe guys is pretty nice. easy to get high chains and the skin or w/e it is they have sells for like 630-700. Steal from fish too for Ichthyos Scales which sell for 1k

I went from lv 25ish to 35 in the Golmore jungle. I would run in a circle around the enterance killing the panthers, malboro, and demons. I would make 2 circles, exit, save, then pause and reload the game and go back in. If you reload your save, all the spawns are back. you can net about 10-15k exp and 50-75LP(double with the Golden Amulet). The courel pelts, malboro vines and demon eyes sell nice, and if you get full you can always head back to the Viera village and sell your stuff at the merchant. One thing though, make sure to take Alarm Clocks. Usually i'm able to kill stuff before i get status effects, but they slip in sometimes.

A. Body
    BG Level

best loot/gil farm place early on has to be the second bridge in lhusu mines, you can get chain 30+ of skeletons in one round on the bridge, then zone back twice and return to keep going, they drop bone fragments which sell for 270 (i think?) each, and if you have larsa feeding you hipo you can easily get 10k gil worth of bone fragments (and a couple iron helms) every 30 mins given you got a good weapon (i use two katana from the giza wolfmen and kill these really fast)

edit: oh sorry didn't realize it's mentioned already two posts above

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I liked the forest the Viera live in. I set Ashe to steal from all mobs. The Malboros have Elfin Bows to steal, which sell for like 2.4k each. Their Malboro Vine drop is 400-ish gil, and the Coeurl-type mobs have great drops as well.

On a side note, has anyone else found those awesome Grimoires in the Bazaar? I've gotten two so far...One appeared after I talked to Gatsly after I had defeated Thaxtra (The second Mark, the wolf one). I bought it for 18k, and now all my drops from Beasts/Avians are enhanced. Also got a Grimoire that increases drops from Undead/Amorphs. I'm pretty sure I got it from checking the wall where they post Marks a lot.

i've bought 2 grimores, the 18k one that helps drops, and a 22k one from the bazzar that makes things i pick out of treasure chests better.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

How to make Grimoire's appear: (yay for the guide)

Beasts/Avions - Talk to Gatsly after finishing Thextera hunt. Gatsly will be at the Muthru Bazzar.

Giants/Insects - Talk to any weapon merchant more than 30 times.

Amorphs/Undead - Read the hunt bulliten board more than 20 times.

Fiends - Talk to any magick merchant over 25 times.

Constructs - Talk to any armor merchant over 15 times.

Dragons/Plants - Read the hunt bulliten more tha 40 times.

Elementals - Talk to any merchant over 100 times

Arcana drops (which all enemies can drop) - Sell Phobos Glze, Horakhty's Flame and Deimos Clay to bazzar.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

wtf is a grimoire?

had to take a day or 2 off FFXII to run LS events

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Expensive key items u can buy out of Bazaar, that give you increased drop rates for certain kinds of mobs, depending on which u buy pertains to each mob.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lv18 char building off of Unicorns in Osmone. Iron Carapaces go pretty well, and drop often.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I got 4 levels just mad killing stuff in Ozmone/Golmore Jungle, in about 1hr 30 mins......freakin insane xp, then went and sold all the loot i had from Giza/Ozmone/Golmore, and got 110k on top of it. Was awesome, now have all but the final Grimroire bought.

The place near where you fight Vorpal Bunny has a bunch of skeletons that yield 900-950 exp a pop. Gambit Foe: Undead Raise works nicely there.

what's the highest chains anyones gotten while farming, i'm at 163 right now on those mallicants in zertinan. I've got the big white orb, had it since about chain 95. Does it ever improve beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    what's the highest chains anyones gotten while farming, i'm at 163 right now on those mallicants in zertinan. I've got the big white orb, had it since about chain 95. Does it ever improve beyond that?
    nope