+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Equal Leveling [Balance]     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Equal Leveling [Balance]

It's to help out people who take 3 characters very high and the others are still low level

Its a very good idea to keep all characters within a 3-5 lvl range

Its very helpful to switch people in and out for a huge quickenings combo

LOL I have 17/18 quickenings and I'm only up to the KRT part
    [Ashe missing 1 due to being @ the 100 + 150 Armor boxes ><]
    [Best so far was 2 11 Hit quickenings (back 2 back) for Cataclysm and Torrent]

I have set up 2 teams

Vaan - Tank, lvl 31, Gladius/Demonsbane/Best Shield available
    Balthier -Semi-Healer/Thief/DD, lvl 29, Killerbow/Vega (Onion Arrow/Silence Shot)
    Fran - Semi-Healer/DD/(Emergency Back-Up Healer), lvl 29, Killerbow (P. Arrow)

Basch - Tank, lvl 25, Gladius/Demonsbane/Best Shield available
    Ashe - Semi-Healer/DD, lvl 27, Javelin
    Penelo - DD/Stealer/(Emergency Back-Up Healer), lvl 27, Cyprus Pole

Great thing is its fun to have everyone lvled for certain NM's
    (3 character Crit about to die, switch to other 3)
    [BALANCE]

Also you make an assload of LP; + gil out of the ass if you use the 2 teams method

I have made around 350,000 gil so far just doing the 2 team method and obtained atleast 4500+ LP (No joke only played 1 week, got it October 31st; playtime = 35 hours]

+ For all people having problems adjusting with Gambits

For the first 15-20 lvls play Wait not Active (wait on highest speed)
    {get to know the certain things about each char and mobs}

After getting to know the situations, then put gambits in as macros for other 2 chars

It's a lovely game/great battle system, I picked up on this very quickly
    (Reminder: First couple of bosses go in as Wait mode and stuff is really piece of cake)

Active should be for certain NM's, Hunts, and bosses that really don't need that much attention

Wait = inputing manually every command and very easy to pick up
    Active = set gambits (macros) and watch the fight and input once in awhile

Do this get all the Lores thru bazaar for monsters to drop nice rare stuff

I have 3/7 lores. I can buy the other 4 lores right now, but no use till monsters of that lore start appearing + need gil for equipment/weapons/etc.

If any ?'s post 'em or if more in depth PM me

an average lvl 15 PT can use quickening combos to take 1/2 HP off a lvl 70-80 boss easily

That is true Helpoemer

But I like being a completionist in RPGS; all weapons, armor, stats, lvls, etc.

But BIG Kudos to you and Thank You for helping me/bg'ers out with some of the great pointers for FFXII, I appreciate the time you took out to help us

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    an average lvl 15 PT can use quickening combos to take 1/2 HP off a lvl 70-80 boss easily
    What? O_O I've only ever done a 6-hit quick with Basch/Ashe/Penelo and it did shit really. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    What? O_O I've only ever done a 6-hit quick with Basch/Ashe/Penelo and it did shit really. =\
    that's what i do for most of the esper fights ¬_¬

queklain<sp> is so hard for me when you first fight him so i use the strategy of spamming quickenings with my weaker PT and get his HP down as far as i can before my better PT takes over for the kill with probably some hitting and then more quickenings.

also to OP, i'm also completionist ;o my JP game is 100% complete, now i want to get 100% in english =3
    lvl 65 PT gogo, and balthier is lvl12 lawl

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

queklain<sp> is so hard for me when you first fight him so i use the strategy of spamming quickenings with my weaker PT and get his HP down as far as i can before my better PT takes over for the kill with probably some hitting and then more quickenings.

also to OP, i'm also completionist ;o my JP game is 100% complete, now i want to get 100% in english =3
    My Balthier is behind everyone too, he seriously is teh suck...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk

Unfortunate too because he's awesome story-wise.

A. Body
    BG Level

you can already chain 15+ for windburst easily with just 2 quickening each person

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

my biggest issue is i have 2 quickenings for bunnygirl and vaan but i cant use them... they show up as grey in the quickening box

also having a helluva time trying to beat garuda, i guess i should level up more and get better gear im only 11-15 right now

helps/suggestions welcome

most likely because you don't have the full mp required to perform a quickening. unless its flashing that orangish color, you can't do one.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk

Unfortunate too because he's awesome story-wise.
    Ya I took an early liking to him as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    most likely because you don't have the full mp required to perform a quickening. unless its flashing that orangish color, you can't do one.
    I don't know if this is true or not. I think you can't INITIATE them unless it's orange, but if someone else intiates it, then someone that doesn't have full mana can still be included in the quickening combo.

For the person having trouble with Garuda, did you do the flower/berry quest?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    my biggest issue is i have 2 quickenings for bunnygirl and vaan but i cant use them... they show up as grey in the quickening box

also having a helluva time trying to beat garuda, i guess i should level up more and get better gear im only 11-15 right now

Rofl I just did that and I'm lvl 28 Guess I'm having to much fun exploring/killing rares. Btw is that even possible to kill the walls at such a low level?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Takedown, you noob, you need to get the seed thing and then garuda is pussy, i beat it at like lvl 24. Also i loled and your use of bunnygirl :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I don't know if this is true or not. I think you can't INITIATE them unless it's orange, but if someone else intiates it, then someone that doesn't have full mana can still be included in the quickening combo.
    i approve of this statement

basically what "Mist Charge" during quickenings is

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

i approve of this statement

basically what "Mist Charge" during quickenings is
    orly, I thought that was someones quickening lol I don't use them much, prefer the old-fashioned way for the most part. I decided to try to one-shot a Shield Wyrm though...yeah fail...lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Quote Originally Posted by takedown2

Rofl I just did that and I'm lvl 28 Guess I'm having to much fun exploring/killing rares. Btw is that even possible to kill the walls at such a low level?
    are you talking about the demon walls?

second wall is a joke, you have so much time, i just melee'd him to death

first wall you need to be prepared.. i was:
    lvl 21ish pt
    2/3 my main team went in with full mp.. for some reason i didnt wait till the last person had mp...
    do quickening chain at the start... i got up to catactlysm.. then switch to the 3 reserve players and did another quickening, this time did torrent i believe
    and that pretty much killed the wall

turn off steal/cure gambits for this fight, and just go pure damage...

also got a demonbane after reloading 15 times to get the chest to drop it D;

For the person having trouble with Garuda, did you do the flower/berry quest?
    That's what i was saying, you can't start one unless it's flashing orange. I should have clarified though that others can still join in as long as they aren't dead/berserked/stopped or disabled or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    Takedown, you noob, you need to get the seed thing and then garuda is pussy, i beat it at like lvl 24. Also i loled and your use of bunnygirl :D
    I beat it prior to level 24 without a seed by cheating

If you aggro him and run back toward the entrance he turns around and leaves you alone and you don't have to zone. When he retreats his hp regens really fast.

Your 2 party members need to have ranged attacks and it doesn't matter what the leader has because his gambits need to be off anyway.

Pay attention to the color of the names. Hold down r2 and run up to him and turn around and run the moment a name turns red. If you screwed up and the leader didn't get aggro keep running and never let go of r2.

If your party leader got aggro and you have good timing, you can let go of r2 right before you get to the last pillar and your ranged attackers will prepare their attack... Garuda will follow you to the last pillar and once you go past it it will turn around and fly back. If you let go of r2 too soon they will finish their attack before Garuda retreats and get beat up, if you let go too late they won't be able to complete their attack at all.

Soon as it starts to fly back start running after it as fast as you can, but don't get too close to him.

Even though it is on its way back it won't aggro your party members who land their ranged attacks on it oddly enough.. as soon as their attacks land you need to hit R2 and start running at him again.

It is going to go all the way back to its start point before it will aggro anyone again.

If you get there too quickly he might aggro one of your party members, and this will turn out badly when you get to the end and let go of r2.. he will stay there and fight the party member he aggro'd.

If you take too long he will regen a bunch of hp..

If you time it just right he will aggro your party leader immediately and you rinse and repeat this for 45 min or so for a easy win. You won't take a single point of damage if you do this right.

I doubt you'll see this strategy posted anywhere else, because its my creation

I just sat there at lvl 19 and let Ashe spam water on it. Seriously that's like the only attack that I did. I only needed 1 cure, and it only took like 10 waters to kill it. Easy peasy...

...but yeah I did use the flower, still that battle was a joke.