Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I didnt use any flower on garuda, my 2 rangers fran and basch with killer bows and penelo just healing as needed, 300-500 per shot and he dropped like a fly (lol)

seriously missing real garuda, not this mothra thing, where is the half nakies bird girl ; ;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    Takedown, you noob, you need to get the seed thing and then garuda is pussy, i beat it at like lvl 24. Also i loled and your use of bunnygirl :D
    I beat it prior to level 24 without a seed by cheating

If you aggro him and run back toward the entrance he turns around and leaves you alone and you don't have to zone. When he retreats his hp regens really fast.

Your 2 party members need to have ranged attacks and it doesn't matter what the leader has because his gambits need to be off anyway.

Pay attention to the color of the names. Hold down r2 and run up to him and turn around and run the moment a name turns red. If you screwed up and the leader didn't get aggro keep running and never let go of r2.

If your party leader got aggro and you have good timing, you can let go of r2 right before you get to the last pillar and your ranged attackers will prepare their attack... Garuda will follow you to the last pillar and once you go past it it will turn around and fly back. If you let go of r2 too soon they will finish their attack before Garuda retreats and get beat up, if you let go too late they won't be able to complete their attack at all.

Soon as it starts to fly back start running after it as fast as you can, but don't get too close to him.

Even though it is on its way back it won't aggro your party members who land their ranged attacks on it oddly enough.. as soon as their attacks land you need to hit R2 and start running at him again.

It is going to go all the way back to its start point before it will aggro anyone again.

If you get there too quickly he might aggro one of your party members, and this will turn out badly when you get to the end and let go of r2.. he will stay there and fight the party member he aggro'd.

If you take too long he will regen a bunch of hp..

If you time it just right he will aggro your party leader immediately and you rinse and repeat this for 45 min or so for a easy win. You won't take a single point of damage if you do this right.

I doubt you'll see this strategy posted anywhere else, because its my creation
    I commend you for this creation, but damn if that is easy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernin
    Takedown, you noob, you need to get the seed thing and then garuda is pussy, i beat it at like lvl 24. Also i loled and your use of bunnygirl :D

If you aggro him and run back toward the entrance he turns around and leaves you alone and you don't have to zone. When he retreats his hp regens really fast.

Your 2 party members need to have ranged attacks and it doesn't matter what the leader has because his gambits need to be off anyway.

Pay attention to the color of the names. Hold down r2 and run up to him and turn around and run the moment a name turns red. If you screwed up and the leader didn't get aggro keep running and never let go of r2.

If your party leader got aggro and you have good timing, you can let go of r2 right before you get to the last pillar and your ranged attackers will prepare their attack... Garuda will follow you to the last pillar and once you go past it it will turn around and fly back. If you let go of r2 too soon they will finish their attack before Garuda retreats and get beat up, if you let go too late they won't be able to complete their attack at all.

Soon as it starts to fly back start running after it as fast as you can, but don't get too close to him.

Even though it is on its way back it won't aggro your party members who land their ranged attacks on it oddly enough.. as soon as their attacks land you need to hit R2 and start running at him again.

It is going to go all the way back to its start point before it will aggro anyone again.

If you get there too quickly he might aggro one of your party members, and this will turn out badly when you get to the end and let go of r2.. he will stay there and fight the party member he aggro'd.

If you time it just right he will aggro your party leader immediately and you rinse and repeat this for 45 min or so for a easy win. You won't take a single point of damage if you do this right.

it's so much easier just killing it normally than this ¬_¬

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer

I did the quest for the seeds or w/e, and didnt even use them to kill this thing >_> I thought it was pretty easy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    most likely because you don't have the full mp required to perform a quickening. unless its flashing that orangish color, you can't do one.
    I don't know if this is true or not. I think you can't INITIATE them unless it's orange, but if someone else intiates it, then someone that doesn't have full mana can still be included in the quickening combo.
    i approve of this statement

basically what "Mist Charge" during quickenings is
    I thought if you hit Mist Charge, then let the combo end there without doing another quickening, then that character will have a recharged bar when its over.

Its never done anything for me when ive continued the combo after getting it

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    most likely because you don't have the full mp required to perform a quickening. unless its flashing that orangish color, you can't do one.
    I don't know if this is true or not. I think you can't INITIATE them unless it's orange, but if someone else intiates it, then someone that doesn't have full mana can still be included in the quickening combo.

I thought if you hit Mist Charge, then let the combo end there without doing another quickening, then that character will have a recharged bar when its over.

no, it's only for during the quickening sequence

and if you continued the combo after using a mist charge..then you used up the MP that it gave you ;o

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

and if you continued the combo after using a mist charge..then you used up the MP that it gave you ;o
    Then why can I use more then 1 quickening in a combo without a mist charge, per character, if they only have 1 quickening to deal with and it blows all their mp?

[quote=Celeras]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Skyylya":f43c8

Then why can I use more then 1 quickening in a combo without a mist charge, per character, if they only have 1 quickening to deal with and it blows all their mp?[/quote:f43c8]

it's random, sometimes when you perform a quickening with one character, another will automatically get a mist charge, without having to press mist charge

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

[quote=Helpoemer][quote=Celeras]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lbelle":838e2
    Quote Originally Posted by "Skyylya":838e2

Then why can I use more then 1 quickening in a combo without a mist charge, per character, if they only have 1 quickening to deal with and it blows all their mp?[/quote:838e2]

it's random, sometimes when you perform a quickening with one character, another will automatically get a mist charge, without having to press mist charge[/quote:838e2]

I dont buy it. Why can I use a Quickening on characters without MP if initiated with another character? Why put Mist Charge in the combo sequence at all if they can gain them randomly? If they do in fact gain them randomly, why dont I have full MP if I were to chose to not further extend the combo after their button comes up?

Its too much. One character has to initiate the sequence, then anybody can use their quickenings. Mist Charge refills MP if you close the combo after getting one. Thats it.

Not really.. when I first got to him I was waaay underleveled, didn't have much in the way of gil, and I hadn't farmed any LPs much less have any quickenings. I didn't know there was a way to weaken him and trying to fight him head on was futile because he simply did more damage than I could heal.

I think its more fun to be a weak as possible going into fights to be forced to find fun and interesting ways to get by them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Im having trouble on Gaurda myself lol. If you dont get the Killer Bow before clearing Lhusu Mines, is it lost forever?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

no, its a normal item u can buy soon after

Cool trick I learned

If you want to catch up your other characters (low leveled)... and don't have the necessary weapons (ala demonsbane,deathbringer,zodiac spear,etc.)

Just have the main 3 characters get the monster down to lowest life possible then remove all memebers of the party with the lowest lvl and let them get all the glory

I did this by mistake early on but it does help bring up characters quickly

Hell, I trioed the lvl 31+ Wild Saurian (T-Rex) near the zone to eastersand-wasteland till it got to an inch of its life then quickly removed all 3 high leveled characters (lvl 35-37) and put in my low level character (25) to kill it
    I gained around 5,000xp for the kill lol
    If I had the double xp item = 10,000

Once you get the deathbringer lol, you can solo most mobs 10-15 lvls ahead of you and just keep owning 'em

Got my low 3 leveled characters 4 lvls each in 45 minutes with 3 deathbringers just swinging away + solo action

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I need to do this eventually >< My not main 3 characters are lvl 10, 17 and 17, compared to 39 39 39

Is it really that big of a deal like later in the game with the big boss fights to not have a back up team lvled? or is it doable without?