Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II
    Soonest one can beat Flowering Cactoid? I tried at level 5 and had to zone it - couldn't land a hit... went back at level 6 with some extra magic and spammed Fire/kited it around. I got it really low on health, and then it 1-shot me with 1000 Needles. -_-
    Once you get out of Barheim passage with your party of 4 it's cake and otw back to Rabanastre.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

im having trouble pooping doomgaze... how many airship trips on average did it take anyone here to pop him?

help!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II
    Soonest one can beat Flowering Cactoid? I tried at level 5 and had to zone it - couldn't land a hit... went back at level 6 with some extra magic and spammed Fire/kited it around. I got it really low on health, and then it 1-shot me with 1000 Needles. -_-
    wait till you get a second party member and have one take the needles while the other runs away out of range, then spam whatever spells you have till it dies

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i did the same thing, kiting solo while casting thunder at lvl 6... got it to low health..but then 1 shotted by 1k needles...

tried again same tactic... this time he misses 1000 needles lol, and i got to finish him off ;o

but ya.. guess i was really lucky.. just come back with more people i suppose

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

3 day necro... woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    shush, Fafnir is in this game too =P big big dragon
    So um... he hurts. =( My party is 60 and I can't take off more than a quarter of his life before I have to zone. What's the dealio?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by takedown2
    im having trouble pooping doomgaze... how many airship trips on average did it take anyone here to pop him?

help!
    Have you been talking to the kid? The kid will tell if he's close or not, and I think I read somewhere you have to talk to the kid to make him pop but idk for sure.

Also- you'll have to take it several times D: took like 5-6 rides when the kid was going "If you hurry you might be able to catch him!" before he attacked

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i managed to pop detahgaze, bit actually beating him is another problem. He constatnly uses that spell that makes him immune to physical damage and renews his health up to 100% when I get him down. Whats the dealio with this guy?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Wow, so I thought I could take Overlord today. That guy hits like a truck. He pretty much always has Bravery on him. If you dispel it, he casts it right back on. I was trying to silence him and keep him dispelled but I just couldn't keep up. His Pyromania attack is pretty brutal. Dropped all of my characters in 1 to 2 hits each. :/ And I had decided not to save just beforehand thinking I'd be ok. ><

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    3 day necro... woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    shush, Fafnir is in this game too =P big big dragon
    So um... he hurts. =( My party is 60 and I can't take off more than a quarter of his life before I have to zone. What's the dealio?
    75 only.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Once you have 3 characters with 4k plus HP, Fafnir is a pain in the ass, but you should never be in danger of wiping. Just make sure you have 20+ Chronos Tears, set your Arise and Curaja gambits, and kill him with melee attacks in between raises. I don't see how it's possible to wipe to any mob in this game unless it's capable of killing 2+ characters with a single attack that it does frequently.

I found the Fat Esper fight(Chuchoochu something) quite difficult, took me 4 tries.

I am haveing great trouble spawning Lindwyrm out in the Highlands.

Anyone killed him yet? Whats his spawn conditions? wasted hours on trying to spawn him...

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Cloudy weather.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

last mob i need to kill is "the seer" im on third floor now and im working towards putting him in his place

will do yaizmat(sp) shortly after with all my guys between 75-80 then after that ill be working on rare game and the last 3 espers i need

one problem im having is getting access to the high level part of the henne mines, the zone thru feywood is just a dead end. is it thru the main zone near jahara?

It's in the room where you fought tiamat, easy to reach if you use the gate crystal to enter henne.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

DL how do you beat Zodiark? He is a motherfuck, casts darkja and boom my whole team is wiped out immediately 8)

I wore demon shields on 2 characters and a black mask on the third to avoid damage, but death effect from it still hits and of course sucks and the spell has huge range. When I saw him casting I tried to run away and hope it'd only hit me or the 2 support characters. The last 5% is fucking retarded. He spams(casts ever 2 fucking seconds, literally) that and his shields. He'd put up magic shield, then faith+brave which I couldn't dispel, and started hitting us for 3k+ (when he wasn't darkjaing or...) and casting Ardor and scathe with faith for the oneshot action. I got pissed off at the end and started just spamming quickenings which isn't something I've done in any other fight, but christ I really didn't want to continue getting beat on, I just kept doing them to run away from the fight basically. In my quickenings noobness I didn't realize that his phys shield was stopping them but I didn't care lol I just really didn't want to get hit anymore.

Lots of Arise and phoenix down spam, lots of swapping in my scrub team of Lv10s to emergency raise the main crew, and 6 megalixirs. It took around an hour with Basch Lv71 and Fran/Ashe lv70. I don't really use any finesse methods though, I just play it like FFXI with a blood tank, a cure supporter (my tank is main healer), and a full DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt
    Cloudy weather.
    I got that much from the guy who gave me the hunt.

What he didn't elaborate was that you cannot simply zone out of the spawn zone and zone back in to change weather.

After zoning in and out 50 times I figured something is obviously wrong, I went to the zoneline between Tchita uplands and Phon coast, and zoned in and out about 5 times and it finally turned cloudy.

thank you though Fayttt

Latest problem:

Deathscythe overlord Hunt in Necrohol of Nabudis, cleared the zone many times, there was mention from some npc about finding the spot where he left his "axe" where he was graverobbing.

Anyone remember?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

death scythe popped for me in necrohol at the same time as (helvinik??) the horse that pops from killing all the oversouls (3rd zone in if you go from salika towards i think...feywood? he popped right near the zoneline.

Fafnir wasnt hard if you set your gambits right, i killed him at 62 with ease.

Make sure your tank is on one side of him and your DD on the other. Use bubble, set curaga from your main healer to cast under 80%, have your other tanks set for under 40-60, always use bubble. Set a gambit to chronos tear an ally with stop status. Always keep protect + shell up, then just whack away, you shouldnt have many problems. Can make your main tank cast curaja or your second melee or however you play it cast curaja so your main healer doesnt run out too fast and its good to throw random heals out when they get full mana anyway to keep your tank up.

How the hell do you pop trickster it's one of the few hunts i have left before KB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast