+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

bump, what level should my characters be to kill Ring Wyrm?

He's not that high I know, but most of my guys are like level 24. I got him down to less than 50% using a bunch of quickening chains and was going to use ethers to finish him when he uses restore..... I turned the game off. He doesn't seem that hard, but too much hp and that self healing sucks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I took him down at 30 (all 6 chars)... he's pretty annoying with his restores, but you just have to keep pushing at him.

Hasting all 3 active chars, and putting fast weapons like Demonsbanes on them helps too. Together with Protect, and Lure on Basch, and you're set.

I didn't even use quickenings until like 10% or so, because they don't really do anything (he has way over 100k HP, unless your quickening chain is like 15+ it won't be anythinh noticeable, and he's just going to restore after so you're wasting MP.)

Eventually you will have to replace the chars (I replaced the 3 at 20%, after a 14-chain quickening.) Hasting them, Protecting them, and keeping hacking and slashing him with low-delay weapons 4tw.

Oh, and Balias is very helpful in low HP as well, since the breaths the Wyrm uses cures him.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    I just fought Bomb King last night. What a douchebag.
    Is there any way to prevent Bomb King from using Renew constantly, or do you just have to hope you kill him before he uses it?
    Re-quoting, as the question was never answered. The fourth time he used Renew, I ran out of meds and, well, yeah. Just zerg at the end, or is there a better way to deal with him?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Zerg. He used it once, then I got wise to him and Quickening'd him out. Results may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    I just fought Bomb King last night. What a douchebag.
    Is there any way to prevent Bomb King from using Renew constantly, or do you just have to hope you kill him before he uses it?
    Re-quoting, as the question was never answered. The fourth time he used Renew, I ran out of meds and, well, yeah. Just zerg at the end, or is there a better way to deal with him?
    what level are you?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Masasume + Zerk/Haste = dead in 1 min

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire
    For Bomb King, what level are you?
    Low 30's. I usually play a game the first time through with a minimum of hints or guides, then do it again to experience all the stuff I missed the first time, so I don't have the Masamune, Zodiac Spear, etc....

Banned.

BG Level

Go in, kill his minions, zone out, Buff full, touch save crystal, go in smack him and do a mist chain when he runs to call of his goons again, at the end of chain, switch for a 4th char and start another chain right away.

Story wise i dont think thats a place designed for lvl30 tho.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

I been trying to pop Marilith for the past hour, I'm in the Zertinan Caverns just inside the Westersands, and I simply cannot get him to pop. Any help?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

you just gotta wait there for him to pop

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kael'thas

Finally got him to pop and owned him, Thanks a lot for the info :D

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

white mousse

im having alot of trouble with white mousse mark first time Ive had game over so far and its really ticking me off, anyone know a good strat for this? Ive tried using belias but he gets fucked up if berserk doesnt land fast enough....

Old Merits
    BG Level

If I remember right, I was able to zerk the white mousse, which is just so it doesn't cast anymore. I also gave Penelo a pole and she was really kicking ass, since those do damage based on the mob's magic defense rather than physical.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I beat white mousse but I was cheap lol I bought 3 viking coats(water immune) and 3 flame tongues put them on my main 3 guys and they owned it, took about 15min though without any fire magicks.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I just killed Zodiark, and WHAT A FUCKING CUNT THAT IS.

That's the cheesiest fight I've done yet. Darkja with added KO every 10 seconds fucking suuuuucks. At about 10% or so both attempts (took 2) he put up physical paling for the entire rest of the fight, and would have magick barrier up 80% of the time as well. I'm sitting here going "how the fuck do you kill something that's immune to physical and magic both?" lol.

Um, I think that magick barrier is somehow related to it's buffs, because once I gave up dispelling, it didn't seem to happen anymore, though physical paling never came down for more than 1 second (literally). I managed to Scathe it to death in a war of attrition at the end. I had black masks and bubble belts and aegis shields (blocked like half his Scathes!) on everyone, and everyone's first gambit was phoenix down for speed/saving mp.

So now I can buy Tournesol, just need to farm up another 150k...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone know what area i need to go to for the Pyrlaster(sp) hunt? Im at a complete loss. Thx

Teleport to the Pharos and head outside.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thanks a bunch, appreciate it. :wink:

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yarg, I'm on Yiazmat now with 3 level 72s. Have a Tournsol and Masamune, but it's still taking an eternity. Knocked off like 10 life bars now after over an hour

try using some yagyu darkblades?