+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Rare Game/Hunts/Boss Strategy

Yeh so I decided it'd be nice if we could compile strategies people have been using overall to beat certain bosses, especially at much lower levels than the boss is.

Right now I need help figuring out a good strategy for my party against Gil Snapper a level 37 Adamantoise with 89k HP:

Ashe, Vaan and Basch : Level 24
    Fran and Penelo : Level 19
    Balthier : Level 17

My general strategy was to go in with ranged gear (which I've never really used up until now) but it seems that I can only get off one round of shots before he just walks up and kills my guys. He also have a move which he can do while up close which is called Flattening which does AoE of about 1000, needless to say this kills most of my party. So how do you all deal with mobs that are much higher levels than you? I've tried casting Immobilize and Disable, even Slow but he resists them like a motherfucker so it's a waste of MP.

I did a quickening combo in one fight and it took off roughly 1/4 of his HP, which is about right since 20k is about a quarter of his HP. But I can't get off 4 quickenings combo for 20k I don't think. I did manage to get the Basat guy to tank him for awhile too but that also failed because eventually he decided to come after my party. Please help

Oh ya, forgot to mention all my characters have their 3rd quickenings so I have the triple MP as well as the ability to pull off sick quickenings for easily over 20k. Thanks for any suggestions for strategy for this retched Gil Snapper in advance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

All I can suggest is level up, it's pretty easy. It IS a lvl 37 elite mark so... yeah. Only thing else I could think of is LP farm for Augments(Mainly Magick Lore/Swiftness/HP+/Channeling). How much hp do you have on your 24's? I had about 1900-2000 on my main DD/Tanks and healer had about 1800. With magick lore my cura's did about 800-900. Make sure your healer has the best mystic gear for the Magick power. Hope that helps D;

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I can't even get the bitch to pop now, fuck this mark, fuck it. I also don't know how/when the giza decides to go wet/dry so how am I supposed to know that I can come back and do this. God how dumb.

Ya.. wtf is up with Giza? How long does it take to go dry? Is it time based or storyline progression based?

it's just like when trying to get weather to appear in certain areas

just zone into rabanastre (fountain area) then go back to giza plains till it's dry season

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I was lvl 40 when I fought Gil Snapper so I kinda crushed him (without quickenings)

Slow,Blind,Silence all landed and that Seeq was able to land imobilize.
    Basch tanked S/S and Ashe and Penelo nuked with Fira. He used Purity @low hp and started to cast blizzaga but Penelo just silenced it again >_>

Someone in another thread said they had Balthier with Silence shot during the fight at a lvl that you're closer too. It may work better than trying to stick silence normally.

I have a question, it may have been answered already, but I just cant find it

How do I get to the Tracks of the Beast? Thank you

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer

just zone into rabanastre (fountain area) then go back to giza plains till it's dry season
    Wait so the Gaza can go dry at any point in the story progression just by zoning into another area? The same can't be said for weather though because I've saved in Giza 2 zones away from the zone into the Gil Snapper area and I've gotten different weather on loads. Sometimes is slightly raining and others its not raining. So how exactly do you change the raining and drying because that doesn't make sense.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ok really annoying me, anyone able or tried to pop the Cultsworn Lich in Raithwells Tomb? It says normal Lich's will split into 2 randomly and NM will split from them when they are low on HP. Pops in the southfall passage. I sit here with one Lich forever and have them at 1 HP and they have divided a couple times, but most of the time they wont even do that, let alone pop out the NM. ._.

Any advice from anyone whos gotten him or seen him would be great thx

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Ok really annoying me, anyone able or tried to pop the Cultsworn Lich in Raithwells Tomb? It says normal Lich's will split into 2 randomly and NM will split from them when they are low on HP. Pops in the southfall passage. I sit here with one Lich forever and have them at 1 HP and they have divided a couple times, but most of the time they wont even do that, let alone pop out the NM. ._.

Any advice from anyone whos gotten him or seen him would be great thx
    I fought him my first time through there. But I really don't know how I spawned him. All of the sudden there was 3-4 lichs and one was being hard to kill so I checked its name, and it was the NM. Sorry I can't help you further.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Eredar

Make sure you have Stop Immune item for Gil Snapper's Stoppga also, or whatever his stop move is called.

maybe it's cause of my level, but the guy in the wyrm lair where the storm blocks your path was pathetically easy

A. Body
    BG Level

Re: Rare Game/Hunts/Boss Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Yeh so I decided it'd be nice if we could compile strategies people have been using overall to beat certain bosses, especially at much lower levels than the boss is.

Right now I need help figuring out a good strategy for my party against Gil Snapper a level 37 Adamantoise with 89k HP:

Ashe, Vaan and Basch : Level 24
    Fran and Penelo : Level 19
    Balthier : Level 17

My general strategy was to go in with ranged gear (which I've never really used up until now) but it seems that I can only get off one round of shots before he just walks up and kills my guys. He also have a move which he can do while up close which is called Flattening which does AoE of about 1000, needless to say this kills most of my party. So how do you all deal with mobs that are much higher levels than you? I've tried casting Immobilize and Disable, even Slow but he resists them like a motherfucker so it's a waste of MP.

I did a quickening combo in one fight and it took off roughly 1/4 of his HP, which is about right since 20k is about a quarter of his HP. But I can't get off 4 quickenings combo for 20k I don't think. I did manage to get the Basat guy to tank him for awhile too but that also failed because eventually he decided to come after my party. Please help

Oh ya, forgot to mention all my characters have their 3rd quickenings so I have the triple MP as well as the ability to pull off sick quickenings for easily over 20k. Thanks for any suggestions for strategy for this retched Gil Snapper in advance.
    i killed it at party at 26 or 27 i can't remember exactly, had balthier with silence shots and fran with loxley bow, and just had vaan kited the entire fight, was rather easy

I have a question, it may have been answered already, but I just cant find it

How do I get to the Tracks of the Beast? Thank you
    Same question basically, where is this?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just killed Gil Snapper woot, first try
    Vaan Fran Ashe all 27, when silence, blind and slow are on him, hes a joke really. Just so much HP and huge Defense. Was bout a 30 min fight, had Ashe and Fran both using Bow to stay away from Flatten AOE move, Vaan tanking and he either dodges or shield blocks everything. Flatten if it hits you, adds Slow to you btw.

Side note: dont use Belias for his Final attack Hellfire on Gil snapper

It only did 408..........................orz

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer

Wait so the Gaza can go dry at any point in the story progression just by zoning into another area? The same can't be said for weather though because I've saved in Giza 2 zones away from the zone into the Gil Snapper area and I've gotten different weather on loads. Sometimes is slightly raining and others its not raining. So how exactly do you change the raining and drying because that doesn't make sense.
    it can only go dry again after the bunny village part is finished i think

edit: and i mean zoning into a completely different area, didn't mean that it can go from wet to dry by zoning inside giza

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

How can you guys seriously beat that thing at 27. The hate is so ridiculously retarded. How do you "kite" with Vaan when the others are hitting him, he will go for them... You either aren't giving your whole strategy, are lying or have a game where hate is fucked up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Cast decoy.

Old Merits
    BG Level

How can you guys seriously beat that thing at 27. The hate is so ridiculously retarded. How do you "kite" with Vaan when the others are hitting him, he will go for them... You either aren't giving your whole strategy, are lying or have a game where hate is fucked up.
    As the above poster said, cast Decoy on your tank/kiter. All monsters are forced to attack a character than has decoy on it.

Elder Wyrm can suck my left nut. That guy sucked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast