+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Emo to the Max     submit to reddit submit to twitter

grounded, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    I think it's sad that some people can only enjoy themselves when they're high/drunk/whatever. If you need alcohol or weed to enjoy life you got some issues, and if you use alcohol or drugs to escape life you also got issues.

meh
    You have 4000 fucking posts on ONE of most likely MANY forums you post on.

GTFO with that "oh I'm addicted as hell to the internet, but I'm fine, but since you smoke pot you're worthless and have problems you must need to fix" shit.

Seriously look at yourself before you talk about other people's problems.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Being addicted to the internet doesn't seem as bad as being addicted to weed/alcohol for some reason

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Being addicted to the internet doesn't seem as bad as being addicted to weed/alcohol for some reason
    Yeap, and that reason is a combination of 2 things:

1. you've been told all your life that drugs r bad mmmkaay

2. you're personally addicted to the internet, therefore it CAN'T be as bad

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Yeap, and that reason is a combination of 2 things:

1. you've been told all your life that drugs r bad mmmkaay

2. you're personally addicted to the internet, therefore it CAN'T be as bad
    a. drugs bring problems up, and have long term detrimental health effects, e.g. theyre bad

b. being addicted to the internet? what? if someones internet goes out, they dont start having seizures and going crazy over the internet, theyre just bored, and are forced to *gasp* do something irl

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    main reason i quit though is cause my dad found weed in my room(t'was hidden well), and for like a month straight he wouldnt talk to me other then yes or no, and that was like, the biggest sting to the heart you could possibly imagine
    stung in the heart with a stingray!?!?

but that's how my relationship is with both my parents, lol, but I choose this.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    a. drugs bring problems up, and have long term detrimental health effects, e.g. theyre bad

b. being addicted to the internet? what? if someones internet goes out, they dont start having seizures and going crazy over the internet, theyre just bored, and are forced to *gasp* do something irl
    a. so does being on the internet excessively

b. If you don't believe people can be addicted to the internet, there's nothing anyone can say to you. But I'll try. Guess what... when I run out of pot, I don't start having seizures and going crazy over pot, I'm just bored, and forced to *gasp* do the same things I'd normally do, cept not be high while I do them.

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls
    .. and eXtacy is a sexual stimulant..
    I've never known anyone who actually did MDMA that noted any aphrodisiacal effects.. myself included. Everything is just more enjoyable for whatever reason.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Plow, you're mentally retarded. Seriously. Let's compare, shall we?

I've never heard of a forum whore being arrested for posting on too many forums.
    I've never heard of a forum whore being admitted to rehab.
    I've never heard of forum whores forming gangs.
    I've never heard of a forum whore killing brain cells from prolonged exposure.

afk while I pick at my acne.

Affective Disorder

21-year-old Wisconsin man mysteriously kills himself after playing Everquest. Shawn Woolley became addicted to the popular MMORPG, to the point were he could not distinguish the game from reality. Woolley lost his job, and was evicted from his apartment due to his gaming lifestyle. His mother found him relentlessly crying in front of his computer one day. It turns out Woolley was attacked in game by an online friend and had lost all his money and skills he had built up over the past few months. Woolley was submitted into an addiction program, treated for severe depression, and released on his own recognizance. Woolley was later found dead in front of his monitor on Thanksgiving Day, 2001, with a self inflicted gunshot wound to his head. Everquest was still on his screen.
    rofl, worse even

But Totien is right, drugs are alot worse than an internet addiction. I think almost everyone knows someone or a friend of a friend that has fucked up their life because of substance abuse :/ Sadly, we still do them for whatever reason heh.

I'm addicted to myspace, but I make friends faster than I lose them, so it's ok.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Totien

I've never heard of a forum whore being arrested for posting on too many forums.

Affective Disorder

21-year-old Wisconsin man mysteriously kills himself after playing Everquest. Shawn Woolley became addicted to the popular MMORPG, to the point were he could not distinguish the game from reality. Woolley lost his job, and was evicted from his apartment due to his gaming lifestyle. His mother found him relentlessly crying in front of his computer one day. It turns out Woolley was attacked in game by an online friend and had lost all his money and skills he had built up over the past few months. Woolley was submitted into an addiction program, treated for severe depression, and released on his own recognizance. Woolley was later found dead in front of his monitor on Thanksgiving Day, 2001, with a self inflicted gunshot wound to his head. Everquest was still on his screen.
    Now you have. I believe the word for that would be "owned," except that you're just an idiot and ignorant as hell for not being aware of internet addiction and the unbelievable negatives that have come as a result of it.

But Totien is right, drugs are alot worse than an internet addiction. I think almost everyone knows someone or a friend of a friend that has fucked up their life because of substance abuse :/ Sadly, we still do them for whatever reason heh.
    That's close to correct, except that many people (myself included) believe that with *MOST* drugs, it's the drug LAWS that screw people's lives, and not the drugs themselves. (Of course there are things, like meth, that can quite literally instantly change a person for the worse regardless of laws.)

And lastly, and most importantly, things being used wrongly, or abused, or instances of addiction, do not make things bad.

All it takes to back up that point is one word.

Sex.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I acually am aginst all kinds stuff like drugs, I do beleave once a year is okay tho. If you get stoned out of your mind [pot onry.] who cares. If you get so drunk off your ass you cant walk, who cares. But once it goes beyond once or twice a year, and happands more then once a month you have a problem and need to go get checked out. I dont even smoke tabaco. I beleave anything of that sort is bad and wrong for you. I had been made fun of all thru my highschool year but you know what? I dont need that kind of shit to have fun, and neather should anyone else. I avoid the stoner types, the drunk types, and anything like that :]

Affective Disorder

Now you have. I believe the word for that would be "owned," except that you're just an idiot and ignorant as hell for not being aware of internet addiction and the unbelievable negatives that have come as a result of it.
    That's one case, and while I'm sure there are more, the number doesn't even come close to drug related deaths.

I agree that the drug laws are usually the cause of problems instead of the actual influence of the drug, but the person knew what they were getting themselves into when they started. It's not like they didn't know it was illegal or wrong, it was their choice and they fucked up.

Also, many drugs are designed to get you crazily addicted and basically make your life revolve around itself.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Totien

lol the last line sums it all up.

But it is you Totien, who is mentally retarded.

Who are you to judge somethign that has be practiced and used for over 10k years?

I think it's sad that some people can only enjoy themselves when they're high/drunk/whatever. If you need alcohol or weed to enjoy life you got some issues, and if you use alcohol or drugs to escape life you also got issues.

meh
    You have 4000 fucking posts on ONE of most likely MANY forums you post on.

GTFO with that "oh I'm addicted as hell to the internet, but I'm fine, but since you smoke pot you're worthless and have problems you must need to fix" shit.

Seriously look at yourself before you talk about other people's problems.
    You're a fucking retard with a drug addiction. (see, I can make assumptions too, about the drug addiction, not the retardation) I don't see how having 3k+ posts is a problem, otherwise a lotta people on this board got issues.

Because posting on a forum is the same as taking drugs. Good game. Just as a little lesson, this is the only forum I frequently post on, the next highest post count I have on another forum is 200. Go figure that an internet loving loser like me can't break 3k posts on every forum I frequent.

Also if you actually READ my post mr.jumponmyasslikeadruggy you'd find I said people who need drugs/alcohol to ENJOY or ESCAPE from life are sad, because that's my opinion of it. I never said people who do it occasionally have issues (although some probably do). but if you do it excessively or because you can't enjoy life without it, then fuck you.

I'm of the same mindset. The fact we can drink alcohol in our homes, but cannot smoke marijuana is quite probably the most retarded thing ever.

How many billions of tax dollars in enforcement are wasted on this shit which is weak in comparison to alot of shit we are allowed to do without a problem..

I don't do drugs that have a near instant and long lasting effect on personality or physical health.. I did meth in the past but the depression is fucking retarded, on par with what I've seen from people who chug cough syrup. Never got into opiates because seeing worms crawling out of your spaghetti is creepy.

Weed, x, and acid for going to a bad movie or listening to trippy music is 'bout it, and I try not to do acid often, 'cuz I'd rather not have psycho hallucinations when I'm 60 :x

I know doing it is not healthy, but so is half the other shit we do for enjoyment. I just don't have an opinion on it being bad or not as long as the drug isn't coupled with physical and chemical dependencies on it.

Ridill
    BG Level

You're a fucking retard with a drug addiction. (see, I can make assumptions too, about the drug addiction, not the retardation) I don't see how having 3k+ posts is a problem, otherwise a lotta people on this board got issues.

Because posting on a forum is the same as taking drugs. Good game. Just as a little lesson, this is the only forum I frequently post on, the next highest post count I have on another forum is 200. Go figure that an internet loving loser like me can't break 3k posts on every forum I frequent.

Also if you actually READ my post mr.jumponmyasslikeadruggy you'd find I said people who need drugs/alcohol to ENJOY or ESCAPE from life are sad, because that's my opinion of it. I never said people who do it occasionally have issues (although some probably do). but if you do it excessively or because you can't enjoy life without it, then fuck you.
    You don't get it at all.

If you've posted 4000 times on one forum, that is undeniable evidence that you spend an absurd amount of time online.

YOU are using the internet as an escape from reality-- so are 95% of the people here.

The difference between you and me is that I'm well aware, while you're hopelessly addicted and convinced you're not in the least.

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have that problem.

Because posting on a forum is the same as taking drugs.
    oh and:

That's one case, and while I'm sure there are more, the number doesn't even come close to drug related deaths
    Try that argument when the internet has been around thousands of years.

Computers, technology, and the internet will be responsible for thousands upon thousands of times more deaths than drugs ever will.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    I acually am aginst all kinds stuff like drugs, I do beleave once a year is okay tho. If you get stoned out of your mind [pot onry.] who cares. If you get so drunk off your ass you cant walk, who cares. But once it goes beyond once or twice a year, and happands more then once a month you have a problem and need to go get checked out. I dont even smoke tabaco. I beleave anything of that sort is bad and wrong for you. I had been made fun of all thru my highschool year but you know what? I dont need that kind of shit to have fun, and neather should anyone else. I avoid the stoner types, the drunk types, and anything like that :]
    So your a strictly drink water type of guy?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls
    Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    So your a strictly drink water type of guy?
    I drink water, milk or juices :3