+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The "What is it used for" thread

There are alot of items in the game that you should hold on to(I'm looking at you nidhogg skin) and it would be nice to know what some items are for before carelessly tossing them into a vendor.

I'll start it off:
    Normallesque items:
    What are high arcana, normal arcana, crystals, stones, and magacite, and the gems of the zodiac used for, if anything? Seems like a synthesis..

Questy items and things ive stolen from bosses:

What is rainbow egg, sickle-blade, soul powder, death powder, unpurified ether, serpent eye, electrum, great serpents fang, vampyr fang, mallet, bundle of needles, book of orgainemille, bomb shell, prime tanned hide, blood wool, and charger barding for? bazaar items?

I'm afraid to sell most of this stuff in case it is used later on

Edit: Shell shield also...its pretty deep in the license ladder, sells for alot, came from a hunt, yet it ...sucks

great serpentskin or w/e it is from nidhogg is used to speed up the Barheim Key quest

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I sold my shell shield for the 7500 it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    great serpentskin or w/e it is from nidhogg is used to speed up the Barheim Key quest
    woops....

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think that if you sell bundle of needles to a vendor, you can buy the technique 1000 needles.

Quote Originally Posted by untouchable
    woops....
    double woops...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Corbie
    woops....
    double woops...
    I'm pissed because I kept that thing for quite a long time, and then didn't come across anyone that asked for it so I vendored it. Later I came on here and found out about this key quest...

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Corbie
    woops....
    double woops...
    I'm pissed because I kept that thing for quite a long time, and then didn't come across anyone that asked for it so I vendored it. Later I came on here and found out about this key quest...
    good rule of thumb. keep 1 of everything unless you know you can get more easily. Getting gil is so easy in this game, i haven't come across anything that sells for more than 8k, and you can farm that in 5 minutes. Some things you can only get once, seems to me like it wouldn't kill anyone to hold onto at least one of some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossamurai
    I think that if you sell bundle of needles to a vendor, you can buy the technique 1000 needles.
    No, i got that tech already from a vendor somewhere, and still hve my needles.

Re: The "What is it used for" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mala
    There are alot of items in the game that you should hold on to(I'm looking at you nidhogg skin) and it would be nice to know what some items are for before carelessly tossing them into a vendor.

I'll start it off:
    Normallesque items:
    What are high arcana, normal arcana, crystals, stones, and magacite, and the gems of the zodiac used for, if anything? Seems like a synthesis..

What is rainbow egg, sickle-blade, soul powder, death powder, unpurified ether, serpent eye, electrum, great serpents fang, vampyr fang, mallet, bundle of needles, book of orgainemille, bomb shell, prime tanned hide, blood wool, and charger barding for? bazaar items?

Edit: Shell shield also...its pretty deep in the license ladder, sells for alot, came from a hunt, yet it ...sucks

High Arcana: used in a number of things
    2x Serpent Eye
    4x Snake Skin
    1x High Arcana
    = Serpentarius, 3 of these needed to partly get Tournesol

Death Power: used for getting Ultima Weapon in bazaar goods
    2x Death Powder
    3x Adamantite
    1x Earth Halcyon (don't know the -tite name of the earth elemental orb in US version)

edit: zodiac gems are for the good endgame weapons/ammo in bazaar goods

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer

I'll start it off:
    Normallesque items:

2x Serpent Eye
    4x Snake Skin
    1x High Arcana

2x Death Powder
    3x Adamantite
    1x Earth Halcyon (don't know the -tite name of the earth elemental orb in US version)

Where can I get death powder? I assume I can get the earth stuff from element in desert, and adamantite from mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy

I'll start it off:
    Normallesque items:

2x Serpent Eye
    4x Snake Skin
    1x High Arcana

2x Death Powder
    3x Adamantite

Where can I get death powder? I assume I can get the earth stuff from element in desert, and adamantite from mines.
    Oh, so i should be selling this stuff and it will go towards the items anyways?

And i got a death powder from a boss, i think from the ahrimann

I'll start it off:
    Normallesque items:

2x Serpent Eye
    4x Snake Skin
    1x High Arcana

2x Death Powder
    3x Adamantite

Death Powder is a rare drop from Bogeys in Zertinian Cavern, past a room with skeletal dragons in it, there's only 2 in the entire map, so you have to keep going back to this area till you get the drop.
    yes element is uncommon steal from earth -tite in west sands
    adamantite is really rare drop/steal from Adamantitus and rare drop/steal from Emeraldtitus in Cerobi Steppe or Nabreus Deadlands.
    you can also fish it in the secret fishing area mini-game

edit: i should also tell you that Tournesol is better than ultima weapon ;o just a lot harder to get than ultima weapon

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'll start it off:
    Normallesque items:

2x Serpent Eye
    4x Snake Skin
    1x High Arcana

2x Death Powder
    3x Adamantite

Death Powder is a rare drop from Bogeys in Zertinian Cavern, past a room with skeletal dragons in it, there's only 2 in the entire map, so you have to keep going back to this area till you get the drop.
    yes element is uncommon steal from earth -tite in west sands
    adamantite is really rare drop/steal from Adamantitus and rare drop/steal from Emeraldtitus in Cerobi Steppe or Nabreus Deadlands.
    you can also fish it in the secret fishing area mini-game

edit: i should also tell you that Tournesol is better than ultima weapon ;o just a lot harder to get than ultima weapon
    Well I got the guide so yeah I saw it's better but I assumed ultima is more in my grasp now at lvl33 then the other. Sorry to bother but where do you get:

2x Serpent Eye
    4x Snake Skin
    1x High Arcana
    ?

serpent eye: rare drop from those snakes in the area just before Giruvegan
    snake skin: 100% steal and uncommon drop from the only snake pop in Giza Plains(Dry Season), it's in the south-west of the western area near bushes
    high arcana: rare drop from NMs with canopus pot, a few can be quested and a few are given by mont blanc after you rank up a few times/kill optional bosses, i wouldn't bother trying to do bazaar goods for it, cos the drops needed are so rare and difficult to get

Sea Torques
    BG Level

serpent eye: rare drop from those snakes in the area just before Giruvegan
    snake skin: 100% steal and uncommon drop from the only snake pop in Giza Plains(Dry Season), it's in the south-west of the western area near bushes
    high arcana: rare drop from NMs with canopus pot, a few can be quested and a few are given by mont blanc after you rank up a few times/kill optional bosses, i wouldn't bother trying to do bazaar goods for it, cos the drops needed are so rare and difficult to get
    Thanks alot =D

Just to clear it up, since i have 2 high arcana already, if i get 2 snake skins and 2 serpent eyes, sell them all to a vendor, i can buy the ultima weapon?

Just to clear it up, since i have 2 high arcana already, if i get 2 snake skins and 2 serpent eyes, sell them all to a vendor, i can buy the ultima weapon?
    no, for ultima weapon you need:

3x Adamantite
    2x Death Powder
    1x Earth Halcyon thingy
    -------------------------------

Serpentarius is a gem required for getting Tournesol (you need 3 of them for 1 of 3 parts)
    1x High Arcana
    2x Serpent Eye
    4x Snake Skin

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

rainbow egg is used for a repeatable bazaar sale... 1 egg = 10 hi-pots i believe
    bundle of needles is a synth item for a bow, name eludes me at the moment...

and damn.. i sold that great serpentskin and i knew i shouldnt have =<

i'll follow skyylya's advice and hold onto items till i find another one, then start selling D;

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

bundle of needles is a synth item for a bow, name eludes me at the moment...
    How do you synth things?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag